Dennis Wise interviewed on NUFC.co.uk (page 23)

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not much gets my blood boiling, but this does to such an extent. Wise has no football ability. Those who think he has done a good job at Leeds yeah you are right he took them down playing awful football (only good to Leeds haters), only the professionalism of Poyet has made a difference his season,and guess what as soon as Poyet leaves what happens - you cannot make this up Basset comes in and their form has been relegation form since.

To those who say he is a good coach WTF Poyet was the coach Not Wise.

I cannot believe this nor can I believe that Kev would be that destructive towards us. Wise is a throw back to the bad old days of rut one football (and havent we all realised that that was no good).

I know this rumour has been around Leeds for a while and their fans are praying for it to be true. How can such a talentless individualbe associated with us. Thinks er (well soumess) yes it could be true.

Gutted by even the smallest grain of truth in this tbh.

Off o have a shower hopefully when i get out all will be denied andwe can all dream happily again

Not much gets my blood boiling, but this does to such an extent. Wise has no football ability. Those who think he has done a good job at Leeds yeah you are right he took them down playing awful football (only good to Leeds haters), only the professionalism of Poyet has made a difference his season,and guess what as soon as Poyet leaves what happens - you cannot make this up Basset comes in and their form has been relegation form since.

I cannot believe this nor can I believe that Kev would be that destructive towards us. Wise is a throw back to the bad old days of rut one football (and havent we all realised that that was no good).

I know this rumour has been around Leeds for a while and their fans are praying for it to be true. How can such a talentless individualbe associated with us. Thinks er (well soumess) yes it could be true.

Off o have a shower hopefully when i get out all will be denied andwe can all dream happily again

On many levels it doesn't make sense I agree.

Got Milwall to the FA Cup Final and near play offs had some very good players like Cahill

did well at his short time at swindon and has took leeds near promotion despite 15 point deduction

ok now I'm getting worried. Wise I can accept but Pearce? God no.

I see the concept of supporting the board and Keegan for beyond a week is going to be difficult for many here.

:blush:

As I've already posted, the Leeds fan I've spoken to (season ticket holder) suggests Wise plays hoof stuff, and always has at Leeds. Now he's either playing to their strengths/that level of football, and is pretty savvy on that front, or pairing him with Keegan makes no sense to me.

ok now I'm getting worried. Wise I can accept but Pearce? God no.

I see the concept of supporting the board and Keegan for beyond a week is going to be difficult for many here.

:blush:

Major contribution that. Well done.

As I've already posted, the Leeds fan I've spoken to (season ticket holder) suggests Wise plays hoof stuff, and always has at Leeds. Now he's either playing to their strengths/that level of football, and is pretty savvy on that front, or pairing him with Keegan makes no sense to me.

what was the leeds forum you quoted from earlier? been on a couple but they're all slowas fuck and got nothing on this story.

I am sorry supertoon but I have to disagree with you on your comments.

Got Milwall to the FA Cup Final (Yes he did and well done for that)

and near play offs (no they were not, they never were in a position to seriously challenge)

had some very good players like Cahill (perhaps if you think Cahill is a very good player)

did well at his short time at swindon (in what sense? dfidnt get them relegated true)and has took leeds near promotion despite 15 point deduction - no he took them to relegation, even his captain wanted to leave playing some of the worst football played at Elland road in the last 40 years. Poyet comes in and things make an improvement. I will concede that Wise chose Poyet and should take the credit for this. Leeds form since Poyet has left has been relegation form.

Now if we are looking at ayne from Div 1 Martinez must be an option - low budget, great team ethic,always is positive and by all accounts are playing football on the deck with movement (this is almost unheard of in this division)

and near play offs (no they were not, they never were in a position to seriously challenge)

had some very good players like Cahill (perhaps if you think Cahill is a very good player)

did well at his short time at swindon (in what sense? dfidnt get them relegated true)and has took leeds near promotion despite 15 point deduction - no he took them to relegation, even his captain wanted to leave playing some of the worst football played at Elland road in the last 40 years. Poyet comes in and things make an improvement. I will concede that Wise chose Poyet and should take the credit for this. Leeds form since Poyet has left has been relegation form.

Now if we are looking at ayne from Div 1 Martinez must be an option - low budget, great team ethic,always is positive and by all accounts are playing football on the deck with movement (this is almost unheard of in this division)

You dont rate Cahill??

Well Cahill i good in certain areas of thepitch> I d not think that he is the ort of player that would be favoured here. If BSA was till here Cahill would be an excellent addition, but as we are supposedly heading for free flowing football I do not think he is an option.

So I rat him for certain jobs if you see what I mean

Well Cahill i good in certain areas of thepitch> I d not think that he is the ort of player that would be favoured here. If BSA was till here Cahill would be an excellent addition, but as we are supposedly heading for free flowing football I do not think he is an option.

Aye mate

Sorry mate but you obviously don't have a full grasp on the Dennis Wise history and have some bias.  Even on the basis just of the Swindon fact which is that he had them first place by a clear way which is a damn site better than just not getting relegated.  And Poyet didn't just become his assistant this season, he was Wise's assistant since Swindon.  Does this mean that Wise gets the blame for the relegation and Poyet gets the credit for the good form?

Like i said you seem biased.

Guest El_Thicko

Okay, here's El_Thicko's take on the situation.

Dennis Wise might officially be coming here as our DOF, but there's not a cat in hell's chance that he will hold that post for long. He's really coming as KK's number two. But why tell the world an obvious untruth? There are two reasons that spring to mind, and they both involve Leeds.

1) The Leeds board will find it easier to accept Wise leaving to what, in their eyes, will be a non-competitive role in football.

2) The Leeds fans will find it easier (won't be insulted) to accept their manager leaving to become DOF at what they believe to be a rival club, rather than a mere number two.

So, in other words, this DOF thing is really a smokescreen for the benefit of the Leeds board and/or the Leeds supporters.  O0

Cahill is excellent. Seen how many goals he got as soon as he returned for Everton. Major player for them.

Best header of the ball I have seen in a long while

Cahill is excellent. Seen how many goals he got as soon as he returned for Everton. Major player for them.

best bully i've seen in a long time

best bully i've seen in a long time

Joey Barton ?

Sorry mate but you obviously don't have a full grasp on the Dennis Wise history and have some bias.  Even on the basis just of the Swindon fact which is that he had them first place by a clear way which is a damn site better than just not getting relegated.  And Poyet didn't just become his assistant this season, he was Wise's assistant since Swindon.  Does this mean that Wise gets the blame for the relegation and Poyet gets the credit for the good form?

Like i said you seem biased.

Well I may be biased, but re Swindon both Poyet and Wise left in Oct 2006 from Swindon to Leeds yes swindon were doing well then (but didnt we have our best start to a season in Oct 2007 and that did not make BSA a good manager in anyones eyes). It is impossible to judge the quality of a team by Oct due to the lottery of the fixture lists.

My blood is still boiling, if Wise arrives and makes a success I will not only swim the Pacific, Indian and Atlantic Oceans but also swim up the Tyne from here in Peru. I would love to be wrong but 30000 odd yorkies think the same. nerestng how when Poyet left the results have dipped dramatically. Biased maybe, but the grain of truth is out there.