Dennis Wise interviewed on NUFC.co.uk (page 23)

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From the Leeds forum:

'News from an alternate source is that this is 99% done deal, with Keegan not happy at all. App Wise is linked to owner Ashley in some way or form, but this deal will happen.'

That had better be utter s***.

Cant see it happening without KKs say so to be honest, I hope............If so hope Terry Macs got his driving gloves on

Get some foreign influence in already. What is this ridiculous insistence on having a British manager/backroom?

looking at how ashley runs his business he seems to favour blokes he knows and has worked with before, usually old fashioned types who have worked their way up from the bottom like him, rather than outsider fancy pants with their new fangled approaches. he did appoint an outsider to the Sports Direct board recently but he quit, citing the fact he couldnt work with ashley and co. this unique approach hasn't done him too badly at all but not sure the same will always work in football.

Exactly. I've been 100% behind Ashley since he came here but its thing like this (if it's true) that will lessen my appreciation of him. Do whats best for the club, not your friends.

Fail to see what would be wrong with Pearce. He'd be number two, not the manager ffs. I seem to remember a certain umbrella holding Mike Baldwin look-a-like being alongside Ferguson for a good long while and before him Brian Kidd wasn't exactly Brian Clough when he went to Blackburn either.

Calm down with the hysteria.

Would the likes of McClaren and Pearce accept a step back from top-level manager to assistant though?

PS - hysteria is fun, dude. Like my poll?

From the Leeds forum:

'News from an alternate source is that this is 99% done deal, with Keegan not happy at all. App Wise is linked to owner Ashley in some way or form, but this deal will happen.'

That had better be utter shit.

If they're anything like the sources of people on here, it means the deal's definitely off.

Fail to see what would be wrong with Pearce. He'd be number two, not the manager ffs. I seem to remember a certain umbrella holding Mike Baldwin look-a-like being alongside Ferguson for a good long while and before him Brian Kidd wasn't exactly Brian Clough when he went to Blackburn either.

Would the likes of McClaren and Pearce accept a step back from top-level manager to assistant though?

I've no idea. I was just bemused by the vitriol towards Pearce. Some people seem to think that the manager's assistant has to be Mourinho or Lippi.

Get some foreign influence in already. What is this ridiculous insistence on having a British manager/backroom?

looking at how ashley runs his business he seems to favour blokes he knows and has worked with before, usually old fashioned types who have worked their way up from the bottom like him, rather than outsider fancy pants with their new fangled approaches. he did appoint an outsider to the Sports Direct board recently but he quit, citing the fact he couldnt work with ashley and co. this unique approach hasn't done him too badly at all but not sure the same will always work in football.

Jesus Christ!

I've no idea. I was just bemused by the vitriol towards Pearce. Some people seem to think that the manager's assistant has to be Mourinho or Lippi.

These people know best, obviously.

People need to step back, take a chill pill, and just see where the tide takes us.

I think I'd just rather someone unproven than proven a failure, as such. It's all just a little underwhelming.

These people know best, obviously.

People need to step back, take a chill pill, and just see where the tide takes us.

You are quite right of course, but they're still not the most inspiring of appointments are they (should they happen)?

Guest icemanblue

Of course, for we are the mighty Newcastle United. We've got a billionaire owner and a £100 million transfer kitty.  Mourinho should be in on tuesdays to clean the boots.

I hate our fans.

I think I'd just rather someone unproven than proven a failure, as such. It's all just a little underwhelming.

Proven a failure like Carlos Quieroz at Real Madrid?

We've already got Cox and Terry Mac providing support and cheerleading. If Keegan is going to bring in another body, it would make more sense to have someone with some tactical savvy, not something I would associate with Pearce. Still it's onlky Alan Oliver whose linking us so hopefully it's bullshit.

We've already got Cox and Terry Mac providing support and cheerleading. If Keegan is going to bring in another body, it would make more sense to have someone with some tactical savvy, not something I would associate with Pearce. Still it's onlky Alan Oliver whose linking us so hopefully it's bullshit.

We don't do tactics now, man. Don't worry about it.

People are actually only against this in a way because it is Dennis Wise.

If we are appointing someone like Alex Inglethorpe to our staff, a young British talent they would be quite supportive. ;)

Some of yous lot are doing my head in.

Right. Wise has been severely linked with us but suggestions are that he wont become assistant but DOF, which would be confusing considering his attributes. There is nothing to say that this has been done behind KK's back apart from pure speculation.

As for the Pearce/Adams thing, it seems as plain as day that it's just Anal making rubbish speculation on who our next assistant will be. However, we should not be upset with either of them because they are both young coachs with excellent reputations. If we were to hire one of them, it would just be one. So those who are pretending they would fight each other, please shut up.

Proven a failure like Carlos Quieroz at Real Madrid?

Yeah. :smug:

Tron has summed up my worries better than I could.