Africa Cup of Nations

Decky

Guest Goalfather

Kader Keita would be an excellent acquisition ..he was CIV's MOTM imo.

He is a glorious dribbler and has pace and skill to burn and is an excellent crosser

Kader Keita would be an excellent acquisition ..he was CIV's MOTM imo.

He is a glorious dribbler and has pace and skill to burn and is an excellent crosser

fully agree with you there. First saw him play for Lille few years ago, and I became a fan since. He seems to be one of those late developing players.(I think he's 27 and I've only heard of him few years back)

Anyway, i thought egypt were quality tonight. I was surprised at how tall, big and strong their players were. That Ahmed Zaky looked a useful player.

Superb football by Egypt tonight. Played their hearts out, and won almost every 50/50 ball. Technical quality however was on show in abundance, and imo they were well worth their win. You could tell IVC waltzed on the pitch like the spoilt premiership/ligue/liga stars thinking they'd walk them over.

Egypt surprised me with how technical their players were, and fitness was by no means their weakness. Simply outplayed the ivorians in a terrific exhibition of counter-attack football.

Pissed me off they milked the fouls and injuries like.....but that's only a taste of Drogba's own medicine.

Final should be an epic

Guest Goalfather

Egyptians won the tactical battle, firstly sucking the Ivoriens in and hitting them on the counter attack. It's odd because I thought Ivoriens to a man more entertaining but they have to be more direct if they expect to make an impact at the 2010 World Cup.

Just idly looked up over my lasses head as it happened, piss funny :lol:

And then he looked amazed when he was sent off!  Must be that tactical naivety the commentators always go on about when african teams are playing.

How do people feel about the tournament that have watched it?  It's not been on TV here, but from match reports it sounds like the football has been fantastic and high scoring, and that the crowds have been great.  I'm really sorry I've missed it.

How do people feel about the tournament that have watched it?  It's not been on TV here, but from match reports it sounds like the football has been fantastic and high scoring, and that the crowds have been great.  I'm really sorry I've missed it.

Very good tournament. Some brilliant goals.

More enjoyable than the las by far. Egypt in particular have been superb throughout although I fancy them to lose tomorrow.

Geremi at right back and Beye at left back next game?

Why.

So Carr doesn't have to play.

Geremi, Faye, Cacapa and Beye vs Man Utd. is our best chance of doing any defending in that game.

Here's an insane suggestion. Go with me for a minute...

How about we play a LB at LB for once?

Why.

Geremi, Faye, Cacapa and Beye vs Man Utd. is our best chance of doing any defending in that game.

Is Enrique injured? He might be, i've only just got in - i haven't read anything today...

Why.

Is Enrique injured? He might be, i've only just got in - i haven't read anything today...

I thought he was still injured.

Why.

You didn't, you just forgot about him, let's be honest here. :razz:

Why.

You didn't, you just forgot about him, let's be honest here. :razz:

Maybe ...

:crazy2: