Chimbonda

Dogmatix

Guest Ridzuan

It would be great if we can get him here,though Im not a big fan of his,but if reports about him coming here just because of the money are to be believe,then I hope he stays with Spurs.

Uncle Alan says theres "interest" from KK:

KK hails Smith – and knows his strengths

Jan 25 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

KEVIN KEEGAN has already decided Alan Smith’s best position – but he will not say where he plans to play the England international in tomorrow’s FA Cup fourth-round tie with Arsenal at The Emirates.

Smith was used in several positions by Sam Allardyce after paying £6m to bring him to St James’s Park from Manchester United.

And as a result, he has not produced his best form in a black-and-white shirt.

However, when I asked Keegan today what Smith’s best position was, he immediately replied: “Up front.”

However, he added: “Alan Smith is one of those guys who can play anywhere, even if goal if you ask him, but I don’t think Shay given need worry about anything at Arsenal tomorrow.

“I had Alan Smith with me when I was with England – I think in the Under-21s – and he is a great guy to have around.”

Smith was the United captain on their last visit to the Emirates, and he was also Allardyce’s last skipper.

But while Keegan has already said Michael Owen will again lead the team out tomorrow, Smith will be lifted by his manager’s support for him.

Smith and Nicky Butt are free from suspension, but Emre will sit out both matches against Arsenal before being available again for the Tyne-Tees derby with Middlesbrough at St James’s Park a week on Sunday.

And as far as injuries are concerned, Keegan said today that he is not certain whether Viduka will be ready to return tomorrow or wait for the Premier League match at the Emirates on Tuesday.

Keegan has explained why he will not consider Joey Barton at the moment even if his bail conditions allow the £5.8m man to play for United.

The United boss said: “Joey is working his socks off in his bid to get back to full fitness and all credit to him on this score.

“But he is obviously lacking in match fitness and I cannot put him ahead of other players who are match fit.

“He needs games, but this is something I cannot give him at the moment, and if he is at the match tomorrow it will be purely as a spectator.”

Keegan woke up headlines today from Pascal Chimbonda saying that he was walking out of Spurs to join United.

There is interest from Keegan in the pacey French right-back, but it remains to be seen whether a deal can be done with the player and his agent Willie McKay.

One deal United fans will be hoping is soon done and dusted is a new improved contract for Oba Martins which would remove that £13m get-out clause from his situation.

:: GEORDIE striker Andy Carroll today confessed that even a place on the bus to the Emirates Stadium tomorrow would mean the world to him.

The young striker blasted home a hat-trick for the Reserves against Middlesbrough in midweek.

“I’d love to just get on the bus for the trip to Arsenal,” he said.

“There are many injuries, so I’d be delighted to get on the bench.”

I'd take him. He's got an attitude problem but still seems to perform pretty well. Better than Carr and means Beye could play in the centre. Don't see why people are complaining about something that would just give us another option and more squad depth.

What the fuck are we sigining that horrible bastard for:

1. He's no better than Beye.

2. He's an utter mercenary c*nt.

3. He wears gloves, the soft tart.

4. Willie McKay.

Hope it's all bollocks as I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole

What the fuck are we sigining that horrible bastard for:

4. Willie McKay.

I've seen this post somewhere before... I'm sure of it...

What the f*** are we sigining that horrible b****** for:

4. Willie McKay.

I agree with much of this, but we are in the position of beggars being unable to be choosers - he is a decent RB, but purely mercenary ; KK will find that there are very few Rob Lees about this time around..

What the f*** are we sigining that horrible b****** for:

4. Willie McKay.

I agree with much of this, but we are in the position of beggars being unable to be choosers - he is a decent RB, but purely mercenary ; KK will find that there are very few Rob Lees about this time around..

If Rob Lee dropped 50p he'd catch on the back of his neck tbh.

PASCAL CHIMBONDA has stunned Tottenham by declaring: I’m off to join Kevin Keegan.

The French full-back claims he is ready to accept a lucrative offer to be part of the Keegan revolution at Newcastle.

He will shun a Carling Cup final place to move on.

There was also another shock for Spurs fans last night, as boss Juande Ramos admitted Dimitar Berbatov could still be on his way out.

Ramos said: “There is always a risk he could go while the transfer market stays open.”

Chimbonda, though, is adamant his deal has been struck.

Out celebrating Tottenham’s 5-1 demolition of Arsenal on Tuesday night, the 28-year-old bragged to pals: “Kevin Keegan has approached me and they’ve offered me more money.

Offer

“I am definitely leaving Spurs. It’s all about the money. I don’t care about the final, I don’t care about the cup.”

SunSport revealed earlier this month how Chimbonda was one of eight stars that Ramos wanted to axe.

Ramos could be ready to let Bulgarian hitman Berbatov go if he gets a £30million offer.

He added: “Berbatov is a great player, so it is normal there is some interest from other clubs.

“But he is happy and enjoying playing for Tottenham and we rely on him a great deal.

“So it would have to be an offer from a very big club with a very big contract to make him leave us.”

Ramos is still trying to tie up his own deals for midfielder Tiago, full-back Gilberto and Valencia’s Spain midfielder David Albelda.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article724711.ece

I swear to god,  this better be f****** bullshit.  I hate the fucker more then any other player in the league,  I think.

Sounds like it was written by Jol or some other Spurs fan :lol:

What is it with the French and being complete twats. He's not even that good, nearly 30 when he joined Wigan and been part of one of the worst defences in the league since.

He was 26 when he joined Wigan, he's only 28 now (29 in a months time).

Guest Urban Fox

Who did Chimbonda have a radge with at half time when we played them down there last season?  Was it Emre?

If it was - probably a good idea to get him up here so we can repeat the whole Dyer and Bower thing.

Who did Chimbonda have a radge with at half time when we played them down there last season?  Was it Emre?

If it was - probably a good idea to get him up here so we can repeat the whole Dyer and Bower thing.

Butt

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3078139,00.html

Chimbonda denies Spurs slurs

Frenchman moves to refutes claims

Last updated: 25th January 2008

Chimbonda denies Spurs slurs

Chimbonda: Denies reports

Pascal Chimbonda has denied reports suggesting he does not care about Tottenham and that he is seeking a move to Newcastle.

Reports on Friday claimed Chimbonda had told friends that he was planning to leave Tottenham for Newcastle before the close of the transfer window and that he did not care about the North London club or the fact Spurs had reached the Carling Cup final.

Willie McKay, who brokered Chimbonda's move to Tottenham, says the Frenchman has informed him that he did not make any disparaging comments about the club.

"Pascal denies that he said to anyone that he does not care about Tottenham and that he is planning to move to Newcastle," McKay told skysports.com

"There is no hiding the fact that Pascal is frustrated because the club are looking at new full-backs to replace him, but he would not disrespect Tottenham or his team-mates by saying he does not care about the club.

"Pascal cares about Spurs, he cares about his team-mates, he cares about his football and he cares about his career.

"Even if he does move on Spurs will always have a place in his heart as will the fans.

"Anyone who thinks differently only has to look at his celebrations on the pitch after the win over Arsenal on Tuesday night and that proves everything."