Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Spus must be kicking themselves, if it's true they bid £8m and we got him for £7m.

:lol:

no doubt some ITK will claim we are paying 7m cash upfront and they were offering £3.50p upfront and the rest based on how many times he breaths in the next 10 years

Both ridiculous and shortsighted comments.

Spurs have a rigid wage structure - we all know that.

If Spurs are paying 8M transfer fee, and we are paying 7M transfer fee, yet Spurs are paying 50k per week wage, and we match Woodgate's current pay 70k per week - within a year our expenditure on Woodgate would have matched Spurs, and after a year we would start paying 20k more per week than Spurs.

What is there to laugh at Spurs if we are getting Woodgate on the basis of paying more money?

i would really doubt boro pay anyone 70k a week

Spus must be kicking themselves, if it's true they bid £8m and we got him for £7m.

no doubt some ITK will claim we are paying 7m cash upfront and they were offering £3.50p upfront and the rest based on how many times he breaths in the next 10 years

If Spurs are paying 8M transfer fee, and we are paying 7M transfer fee, yet Spurs are paying 50k per week wage, and we match Woodgate's current pay 70k per week - within a year our expenditure on Woodgate would have matched Spurs, and after a year we would start paying 20k more per week than Spurs.

What is there to laugh at Spurs if we are getting Woodgate on the basis of paying more money?

We're paying him what he gets at Boro from what I have seen, which is £59k.

Stop sticking up for the Spurs fans. Its well known they have a complex about players turning them down and look for every excuse under the sun why they possibly could have turned down the MIGHTY Spurs for another club.

BBC - he has turned down Spurs in favour of Newcastle...

both bid £8 mill it appears

Jonathan Woodgate was weighing up offers to join Tottenham Hotspur or Newcastle United last night after both clubs had £8m bids for the central defender ...

Whos the croat? Modric?

Looks like a cracking player to me. Keegan said he wanted Premiership players only although didn't rule out exceptional players from overseas - clearly this describes Modric.

Any foundation to this?

If Woody stays fit we will have one of the best defences personell wise in the country;

Woodgate

Faye

Enrique

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Carr

and then you go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like........ :smitten:

Stop sticking up for the Spurs fans. Its well known they have a complex about players turning them down and look for every excuse under the sun why they possibly could have turned down the MIGHTY Spurs for another club.

I think it is another way, our multitude of complex are staggering:

1. We don't give a fook about Middlesbrough yet they are so jealous of us

2. Spurs have inferiority complex against us

3. The national press hav a hidden agenda against Newcastle

bla bla bla and now I have Gejon!!

If Woody stays fit we will have one of the best defences personell wise in the country;

Woodgate

Faye

Enrique

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Carr

Shame the CM protecting them is non existant.

Very true.

old news from skysports:

Jonathan Woodgate has explained that Gareth Southgate's presence at Middlesbrough was the key factor in his decision to move to Teesside.

The 26-year-old defender tied up a season-long loan move from Real Madrid last week, but he had several other options open to him.

Former club Newcastle were keen to bring him back to St James' Park but Woodgate has insisted that his mind was made up as soon as he listened to Southgate's vision for Boro.

"I spoke to Newcastle as well. I could have gone to other clubs in Spain but I just wanted to come back to the North East of England," he told the Sunday People.

"It's not a surprise to me that I am at Middlesbrough and not Newcastle. Middlesbrough are a big club, the manager is fantastic and the club is ambitious. We have just bought Robert Huth as well.

"It is brilliant for me."

Woodgate confirmed he shunned a move back to his former club Newcastle.

"Obviously you have to make decisions in your life and I think I have made the right decision in coming here," he said.

"They have got some fantastic young players here and the manager as well and with the chairman coming from Middlesbrough it was a great help and I chose Middlesbrough and it is going to be a good decision for me.

"I am a Middlesbrough lad and I only want to play for Middlesbrough, it is the first time they have come for me and I had to say yes.

:crazy2:

old news from skysports:

Jonathan Woodgate has explained that Gareth Southgate's presence at Middlesbrough was the key factor in his decision to move to Teesside.

The 26-year-old defender tied up a season-long loan move from Real Madrid last week, but he had several other options open to him.

Former club Newcastle were keen to bring him back to St James' Park but Woodgate has insisted that his mind was made up as soon as he listened to Southgate's vision for Boro.

"I spoke to Newcastle as well. I could have gone to other clubs in Spain but I just wanted to come back to the North East of England," he told the Sunday People.

"It's not a surprise to me that I am at Middlesbrough and not Newcastle. Middlesbrough are a big club, the manager is fantastic and the club is ambitious. We have just bought Robert Huth as well.

What's your point?

old news from skysports:

What's your point?

I think Shepherd and Roeder would have been more of a turn off than anything else to be honest.