Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Please don't. I didn't know what I was doing. Something came over me.  I blacked out and all of sudden I'd posted something. I was taken over by some other sentient being that likes to talk trash about Newcastle and all of its followings. Oh my god, I was taken over by the southern press. Jesus. I'm gonna have to go take the equivalent of a bleach bath for my soul. I am the unclean!  :kasper:

Please don't. I didn't know what I was doing. Something came over me.  I blacked out and all of sudden I'd posted something. I was taken over by some other sentient being that likes to talk trash about Newcastle and all of its followings. Oh my god, I was taken over by the southern press. Jesus. I'm gonna have to go take the equivalent of a bleach bath for my soul. I am the unclean!  :kasper:

Just use allegadly when you make a statement like that.

Anyway he wouldn't do that, not with all he could loose over it

Ok. Just incase that last post came across as if I was being an arse about it, it wasn't meant to. Just worried about being banned now.  :-[

Don't worry, when you get banned, just open an account Jamie88  :thup:

Ok. Just incase that last post came across as if I was being an arse about it, it wasn't meant to. Just worried about being banned now.  :-[

Don't worry, when you get banned, just open an account Jamie88  :thup:

Don't listen to him - that will get you a permanent ban.

OK if it helps, I'll let it be known that the information I posted before was based on something that I had read in a shitty tabloid. I mean it was common gossip on tyneside a while back. I mearly offering a possibility even stating it as dubious, and was clearly joking. I highly doubt anything could be taken into court over that.

Adding 'allegedly' doesn't excuse anything I'm afraid.

Is everyone unaware of the SMB being completely closed because of similar baseless allegations?

Works on "Have I got News For You!"

Who have their scripts read by lawyers, and also have the benefit of facial expressions/voice tone, that make it very clear that they don't mean what they are saying.

Is everyone unaware of the SMB being completely closed because of similar baseless allegations?

Who have their scripts read by lawyers, and also have the benefit of facial expressions/voice tone, that make it very clear that they don't mean what they are saying.

If anything they make it very clear they really DO mean what they're saying.

You don't have that luxury on a forum, but yes he needed to think twice before spouting that shite

Well they have lawyers and the strength to back themselves up. We don't.

Guest johnson293

http://www.urban75.org/info/libel.html

Libel is the written word. Slander is spoken.

There are two versions of defamation, libel and slander. Libel is when the defamation is written down (including email, bulletin boards and websites), and slander is when the incident relates to words spoken.

In the UK, if someone thinks that what you wrote about them is either defamatory or damaging, the onus will be entirely on you to prove that your comments are true in court. In other words, if you make the claim, you've got to prove it!

Anyone who repeats allegations can also be sued. This is important. Seeing something written somewhere else doesn't mean it is true. Repeating allegations without making sure they are true is a very good way to get yourself knee deep in litigation.

Anyway, as for the original topic of the thread - I would have Woodgate back, as he is unquestionably the best defender I have ever seen play for Newcastle.

It is the reported fee (£9m) that concerns me, and whether his Injurys are now just occassional niggles, rather than the long term ones he suffered last time he was here.

Yeah but I thought Dave liked dressing up as Ally McBeal!  Allegedly  :iamatwat:

I've really pissed on a hornet's nest now havent I? Jesus! :blush:

If you go, it'll probably be for 28 days, so don't worry, it wont be permanent.

bollocks to that.

he could have had us closed down like the smb.

ban him permenantly imo.

Yeah but I thought Dave liked dressing up as Ally McBeal!  Allegedly  :iamatwat:

:lol:

bollocks to that.

ban him permenantly imo.

isn't trying to get other users banned also a ban...........................

bollocks to that.

ban him permenantly imo.

Don't you get banned for requesting other people's banning too?

:laugh:

bollocks to that.

ban him permenantly imo.

Don't you get banned for requesting other people's banning too?

:laugh:

beat you to it :smug: