Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 26/01/08 - post match reaction from page 20

James

We've only scored 1 goal against Premiership opposition since exactly a month ago. That's the worrying stat for me.

We have very little invention going forward.

Don't worry world class Owen will save us all!  :frantic:

Why is it always about Owen for you btw? Seem a little obsessed.

Owen needs service, and none of our midfielders are capable of getting the ball to him.

Why do you defend the waster?

Owen needs a new heart, some new legs and to be bankrupt, that and only that would turn him into a footballer again.

Shouldn't even have been on the fucking pitch. Absolute disgrace.

:lol: Clutching at straws.

We've got Emre suspended, he can make a difference. Dyer and Bowyer didn't get away with it for an FA Cup semi. Double standards.

Firstly, Emre makes no difference.

Dyer and Bowyer threw punches at each other, the 2 Arsenal lads had a bit of handbags. Hardly red card offences.

2nd half has been absolutely awful.

Plenty of positives to be taken out of the 1st though.

Same as Old Trafford.

Did you watch the two games at all?

What were the positives from the first half at Old Trafford? Apart from the peverse joy to be gained at watching Rooney miss sitters.

Fucks sake, why do we always end up being completely shat on when we start conceding?

No belief.

Obviously. I think a few players just completely lose confidence, and just stop playing whenever we're about to lose. That, or the fact that they seem shit tired at the moment. Something needs to be done, concerning both of those.

What the fuck was that from Cacapa btw? Just walked past him.

Isn't that obstruction on Cacapa right beforehand? Or is it allowed to block the path of a player when you don't have the ball?

Well, I think it looked like his path was being blocked by Eduardo or whoever, so he couldn't track Adebayor, allowed him to shoot. I doubt it could be judged as obstruction tho, come to think of it. Think you need to be in possession for that to happen?

No, you don't, that would be a straight foul. He prevented him from making the tackle it was a clear case of obstruction.

Guest SmileyCulture

To be honest none of this is a shock, we've been in a state for years, barely a week back for KK and were suposed be to beating arsenal? I'd love to be that positive but were the same squad (if not less of a squad due to africa cup etc) than was dominated by their youngsters not long ago.

We had a great first half and theres alot to take from that, otherwise this tie has gone exactly as expected.

Guest Brendan_Rice

End of the day we looked f***** after an hour. Only one person to point at for that.

When Arsenal are so good at knocking the ball about you are always going to be chasing the game. Unfotunatly for all of Sam's technology he didn't get the players fitness up to what they should be.

We've only scored 1 goal against Premiership opposition since exactly a month ago. That's the worrying stat for me.

We have very little invention going forward.

Don't worry world class Owen will save us all!  :frantic:

Why is it always about Owen for you btw? Seem a little obsessed.

Owen needs service, and none of our midfielders are capable of getting the ball to him.

Why do you defend the waster?

Owen needs a new heart, some new legs and to be bankrupt, that and only that would turn him into a footballer again.

I'm not particularly defending him (I'm not a huge fan of his either), but if you think Owen is to blame for us being so poor up front, you're wrong.

There is nobody at the club capable of making us look good going forward. We need huge investment in that area. People are too obsessed with the defence.

We've got Emre suspended, he can make a difference. Dyer and Bowyer didn't get away with it for an FA Cup semi. Double standards.

Dyer and Bowyer threw punches at each other, the 2 Arsenal lads had a bit of handbags. Hardly red card offences.

Hands were raised, red cards should have been given, that's the facts. Not that it matters now

He drew blood with a headbutt!