Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 29/01/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

- The Flamini goal was fucking class. They always seem to happen against us. Unstoppable.

- The Given backheel was a tad risky! If that had went in, we'd have looked like even more fools. Given was near on atrocious today with his distribution.

- The Butt freekick was beautifully placed but was about as paced as he is

- Arsenal simply outclassed us. They're a brilliant side and I wouldn't read much into the defeat. However, it was depressing as Dave says to have us chasing around while they played some brilliant football. Made us look a tad pathetic.

- We need some in by the transfer window deadline, but we'll definitely be fine when the ACON people return to the side.

- Talk of relegation after a defeat to Arsenal? Have a word.

given 5- Not great, a bit sketchy at times

carr 5- Two good tackles but a bit anon at times

taylor 6- behind defensive line a good few tackles

cacapa 5 looked good but shit long balls

n'zogbia 6 poor but decent dribbler

milner 4 was he playing at times, poor

butt 3 very poor

rozenthal 4 thinks he is david beckham with long balls

duff 2 irritating to watch always took 1 touch too many

owen 3 didn't seem to know what onside was tonight

smith 4 never into game

barton 7 well played, good to see him out of court

ameobi 7 tried his best, most we can ask

- The Flamini goal was fucking class. They always seem to happen against us. Unstoppable.

- The Given backheel was a tad risky! If that had went in, we'd have looked like even more fools. Given was near on atrocious today with his distribution.

- The Butt freekick was beautifully placed but was about as paced as he is

- Arsenal simply outclassed us. They're a brilliant side and I wouldn't read much into the defeat. However, it was depressing as Dave says to have us chasing around while they played some brilliant football. Made us look a tad pathetic.

- We need some in by the transfer window deadline, but we'll definitely be fine when the ACON people return to the side.

- Talk of relegation after a defeat to Arsenal? Have a word.

Aye, good post mate. Second to last bullet point is really key.

Ah the old "Its the end of the world thread" after we lose a game in the premiership.

Those who are talking sense and rubbishing chances of relegation, i thank you because i really cant be arsed.

Guest neesy111

I have to say most of the fans on here ARE FICKLE

I remember most of this board saying allardyce wud turn things round, now we have 2 defeats v Arsenal which most teams in the league will do, and their on keegan's back despite the performances being a stark improvement to what was seen before

arsenal certainly didn't play us off the park, at 1-0 we still had a chance then they score a screamer

their won't be many teams even getting a point at the emirates this season

Dunno why you gave Duff lowest rating I thought he had a pretty decent game compared to most. And a good few of Owens offsides werent!

Not that he had a hope in fuck of getting on the end of any of those passes anyway...

Guest shaun11177

Motivation? im not sure about but the self confidence must be very low and that can be a huge factor.

Allardyce said to the players after the Wigan game-either you dont want to play for this club or you dont want to play for me. The players must show next game it was the latter. This 11 are still better than Boro and they have to go into the game all guns blazing. The attitude must be to wipe Boro of the face of the earth.

given 5- Not great, a bit sketchy at times

carr 5- Two good tackles but a bit anon at times

taylor 6- behind defensive line a good few tackles

cacapa 5 looked good but s*** long balls

n'zogbia 6 poor but decent dribbler

milner 4 was he playing at times, poor

butt 3 very poor

rozenthal 4 thinks he is david beckham with long balls

duff 2 irritating to watch always took 1 touch too many

owen 3 didn't seem to know what onside was tonight

smith 4 never into game

barton 7 well played, good to see him out of court

ameobi 7 tried his best, most we can ask

You're fucking joking though?  Arguably the worst of a very bad bunch today.

now we have 2 defeats v Arsenal which most teams in the league will do, and their on keegan's back despite the performances being a stark improvement to what was seen before

Certainly not on KK's back, he has a seriously tough job with the rubbish he has been given.

I never watched or listened to the match, but from what i've just seen in Keegans interview, 3-0 sounded harsh.

Butt hit the bar, Duff had a good chance, Owen was onside, and Arsenal didn't seem to dominate shots or anything.

Guest clownhat

we just lost to arsenal at the emerates... come on who wouldn't have put that as a stick on at the start of the season??

only now can we start to judge KK.

I never watched or listened to the match, but from what i've just seen in Keegans interview, 3-0 sounded harsh.

Butt hit the bar, Duff had a good chance, Owen was onside, and Arsenal didn't seem to dominate shots or anything.

I wish i'd never watched or listened to the match too. I'd probably be quite happy.

Guest neesy111

some ppl on here thought we we're crap and they we're awesome

3-0 did flatter them as we did create a few openings at 1-0 and they did not create much have a look at the stats shay only had 1-2 saves to do all match

and some fans on here just want to criticise the team, even though they weren't at fault of any of the goals

some ppl on here thought we we're crap and they we're awesome

3-0 did flatter them as we did create a few openings at 1-0 and they did not create much have a look at the stats shay only had 1-2 saves to do all match

and some fans on here just want to criticise the team, even though they weren't at fault of any of the goals

I've supported the team since the game, well - i've looked on the brighter side, but that post is ridiculous imo. We were gash, and they were superb in the first half. 3-0 didn't flatter them at all, they were landslides above us in every department. And to say we weren't at fault for the goals, the marking/defensive positioning for the Adebayor and Fabregas goals was fucking shocking.

Guest neesy111

even tho arsenal only had 4 shots on goal, i'd be suprised if many teams limit that against them

u just want to have a go at the team and even keegan was positive with them and we did have 3-4 good opportunities at the end

One positive from the last 4 games has been Stephen Carr. Been much improved since the Stoke home game. Pick of the defence tonight again as well.

Christ on a bike, I don't usually consider myself overly blinkered, but I thought he was back to normal tonight after some solid games. I don't like the bloke though, I'll readily admit that. He gave the ball away an awful lot, could have done better for their first goal and was nowhere to be found on the throw that led to Flamini's goal (which was down in his RB position.) He's still nowhere near acceptable.

Cacapa looked our best defender tonight to me, easily. Although that isn't saying much.

One positive from the last 4 games has been Stephen Carr. Been much improved since the Stoke home game. Pick of the defence tonight again as well.

I thought he was very good at the weekend, and very shit this evening. Best of a bad bunch maybe, his distribution and overall positioning was pretty shocking imo, just like the rest of them. Don't be fooled by the crucial block he made early on which, granted, was good.

I don't reckon Carr playing well is hardly much a plus btw, he'll be out the team when Beye's back. He's had decent games here and there but he's still pretty worthless to our squad. We're not going to get anywhere if he's in the team, playing at this standard week-in, week-out.

even tho arsenal only had 4 shots on goal, i'd be suprised if many teams limit that against them

u just want to have a go at the team and even keegan was positive with them and we did have 3-4 good opportunities at the end

Come on man, Arsenal were a class above. There are reasons for this and i'm not going to absolutely slate the team, i've said since full-time that the revolution should start here, but they pissed on us this evening.