Nicky Butt your time is up

TRon

never rated Butt, i can't stand the vertical line that his fair forms at the back.

of course, it's not only him.. our midfield needs a complete revamp.. i'd be over the moon if we sell Butt, Geremi, Emre, Barton, Smith, Milner and Duff in the summer.. and spend all the cash on 3 or 4 new midfielders.

6/7 midfielders out and 3/4 in? Don't add up.

never rated Butt, i can't stand the vertical line that his fair forms at the back.

of course, it's not only him.. our midfield needs a complete revamp.. i'd be over the moon if we sell Butt, Geremi, Emre, Barton, Smith, Milner and Duff in the summer.. and spend all the cash on 3 or 4 new midfielders.

6/7 midfielders out and 3/4 in? Don't add up.

it's not like selling all our midfielders is realistic either..

i meant spent big on a few quality players and replace the not-so-awful Milner and Duff with some promising kids.

Is it not coincidental that his current run of piss poor form comes just after he signed a new contract?

I beleive that the corner they scored from came from one of his appalling cross field long 'passes' being cut out - the same way one of his appalling cross field 'passes' was cut out a couple of minutes beforehand.  He forgets where he is at times and trys to be a footballer, but is the type of player that Eric Cantona would have described as 'Water Carrier'.  Just he's not even good at that at the minute.

am I the only one who thinks Taylor and Cacapa are no-where near premiership standard?

No in fairness they are!They dont suit as a pairing because neither are good passers of the ball!I would bring in Beye to play beside Taylor!Capaca played well enough but gets himself and his team mates into dodgy situations with his brainless passing at times!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7220282.stm

Supposedly Stephen Appiah could be looking for a new club...could be well worth a punt if a strong DM is what we're after.

Was an absolute beast a couple of years ago at the last ACN, havent seen much of him since, suprised he hasnt ended up at pompey or somewhere in the premiership already.

I think Butt can take a lot of the blame today. Last twenty minutes, the rest of the players were trying to keep the ball and be sensible with it, as soon as he gets it, he just gives it away without a second thought and lets Boro pile more pressure on. Despite the way we defended, the goal was coming because of all their pressure and it nearly always started with Butt.

Faye for Butt and Beye for Carr, we'd have walked it today. We did anyway like, but I'll try not to go on about the cock in the green.

I think Butt can take a lot of the blame today. Last twenty minutes, the rest of the players were trying to keep the ball and be sensible with it, as soon as he gets it, he just gives it away without a second thought and lets Boro pile more pressure on. Despite the way we defended, the goal was coming because of all their pressure and it nearly always started with Butt.

Faye for Butt and Beye for Carr, we'd have walked it today. We did anyway like, but I'll try not to go on about the cock in the green.

I'm pretty sure the pressure they built up in the last 15 mins or so was nearly always directly as a result of Butt giving up the ball in the middle. They only got possession for their goal when Butt received the ball then floated it aimlessly forward and once again to a boro shirt.

Butt has been giving the ball away all season, he's gone the same way as Rob Lee before he left for Derby.  Gary Speed went the same way before going to Bolton and he got over it, I doubt Butt can do it though.

Guest LondonMag

i think that we all need to release the base of the team that is running for the last 3-4 years.which are - Emre,Carr,Butt,Ameobi,Owen.

butt needs to fuck off from this as soon as possible..i swear i almost broke my tv seeing the horrible passing the cunt was doing..if it was possible then i would have gone through the tv and smacked him right across the face for the atrocious passing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7220282.stm

Supposedly Stephen Appiah could be looking for a new club...could be well worth a punt if a strong DM is what we're after.

Appiah is more of a box to box, or even attacking midfielder, than a DM. reckon he'd work alongside a cultured, defensive playmaker tho.

Futilely suggesting cultured foreign central midfielders who we never get has become a tradition for NUFC fans over the past few years. The club will obviously just go for some top4-reject who will flop.

Steve Sidwell or Darren Fletcher for 8m next up on our agenda?

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

He's been shit his whole career. I hate him.

Howay, he was one of our best players when he came back from Birmingham. How soon people forget...

No he wasn't.

Butt and Smith seem undroppable whenever their fit, kinda pisses you off considring that neither are anywhere near premiership standerd, play Barton-Emre in the midfield and let Butt play with the reserves for the next of the season.

Thanks to Fat Sam, Butt extended his contract by a year, Sam deserved to be sacked for that one decision alone. Stevie Wonder could see that Butt's been past it all season, he's a liability and shouldn't play for us again.

The whole ethos of playing a passing game is built on being able to hold the ball and pass under pressure, otherwise it goes to pot and you'd be better off lumping long balls again. Butt is consistently fumbling the passes and it's not like he has any great ball-winning abilities these days either. We'd be better off with Amdy Faye back here and I'm not joking.

Really bad today. The beginning of the end of his career and one we simply must replace in the summer if we are serious about moving forward.