Man United (h) - 23/02/08 - pre-match thread

womblemaster

Well it's the moment of truth as far as Kev's thought on the team go. With everyone fit, except maybe Oba, we will at least begin to get an idea of what Keegan thinks is his best 11.

Can't wait to see what team is trotted out come Saturday. People are worried about whether Smith plays, but in my opinion the real drama will be who is selected in midfield and defence.

What will Kev decide to do with Enrique, Faye, N'Zogbia and Emre. His decisions regarding these players will be aht is really interesting.

I'm anxious to see what kind of setup he goes with.

Absolute disgrace if Owen, Oba, Viduka, even Shola/Carroll are all fit, and Smith plays. I'll be fucking furious if so.

Prepare for anger.

The sooner Smith gets his yellow card and 2 match ban the better, hopefully after the Man utd game we pick up a bit of form and Smith fails to get back into the side.

Neither Smith nor Butt should play against Man U - it's bad enough 11 v 11 never mind 9 v 13 if they do.

Oh and I agree about the "holding out for 30 minutes" then collapse (as opposed to 0-3 - they've shown nothing to encourage us, have they ?)

I also agree with "prepare to get angry" at another humiliating mess

What have we done to deserve such an appallingly bad bunch of p[layers ?

4-0 to the scum.

one goal from them and the floodgates will inevitably open.

depends who we play. someone like carroll or edgar will keep their heads up and i also notice emre always tries till the end but others such as butt and owen do look even slower when we are losing.

Don't think so tbh.  3 or 4-0 to the mancs no matter who plays imho.

4-0 to the scum.

depends who we play. someone like carroll or edgar will keep their heads up and i also notice emre always tries till the end but others such as butt and owen do look even slower when we are losing.

Part supposition, part totally made up.

KK has had plenty of time to prepare for this one..Should be tactically superior on Sat because of his masterminding the last 2 weeks. I reckon a 2-1 home win :idiot2:

However, is man u in better physical shape by playing yesterday or are we in better shape from resting come Sat??

\erm, we ARE talking about KEVIN Keegan here, yes? A tactically superior? Masterminding? Jebus, you're in for a shock.

Notice the word 'Should'

KK has had plenty of time to prepare for this one..Should be tactically superior on Sat because of his masterminding the last 2 weeks. I reckon a 2-1 home win :idiot2:

However, is man u in better physical shape by playing yesterday or are we in better shape from resting come Sat??

\erm, we ARE talking about KEVIN Keegan here, yes? A tactically superior? Masterminding? Jebus, you're in for a shock.

Notice the word 'Should'

Even with the word "should" in there, its a mental stretch.

I can't think of one area (other than "seats just below cloud level") where we are better than Man Utd.

So we have Enrique, Geremi, Carr and Beye all fit.

There is absolutely no excuse for having Zoggy at left-back any more. Especially against the likes of Ronaldo and all.

But no manager has shown the creativity to fit in Zoggy, Duff and Milner with Zoggy staying wide left and so I am not holding my breath.

It's all so depressing really.

Notice the word 'Should'

Even with the word "should" in there, its a mental stretch.

I can't think of one area (other than "seats just below cloud level") where we are better than Man Utd.

we wereent last year at home either,it's who does it on the day (thats the idea of football that the results dont always go to plan....it's more fun that way)

4-0 to the scum.

Don't think so tbh.  3 or 4-0 to the mancs no matter who plays imho.

What the fuck do you know?, fuck off ok?

If Oba aint fit play Zoggy behind Owen

Harper

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa (really we need 2 Fayes....)

Enrique

Milner

Faye

Emre/Barton

Duff

Zog

Martins