Obafemi Martins

Wullie

He's a good player who needs someone to lead the line. f***ing arsehole who needs a boot in the head too though. Should never of taken that penalty on his right foot.

why ?

Maybe because hes clearly better on his left and the last pen he took with his right iirc, he skied it.

Exactly.

He's a good player who needs someone to lead the line. f***ing arsehole who needs a boot in the head too though. Should never of taken that penalty on his right foot.

why ?

Maybe because hes clearly better on his left and the last pen he took with his right iirc, he skied it.

Exactly.

It annoys me so much, whenevr anyone asks him which foot he prefers he pretends he doesnt mind, maybe he doesnt, but for fucks sake Oba, I love you but I do care which foot you take it with, your fucking left.

why ?

i dont think he is clearly better with his left. yes he can thump it with his left but most of his touches and passes (when he has time and with a choice) are with his right.

why ?

i dont think he is clearly better with his left. yes he can thump it with his left but most of his touches and passes (when he has time and with a choice) are with his right.

You must watcha  different Oba to me then.

Was nearly in tears with the rush of emotion after he scored the goal to tie the match, if the perfect example of Oba didn't show on the game I don't know what. The harder the chance, the more instinctive he has to be, he rises. The simple stuff, he overthinks?  But his celebration and the noise the crowd made (from what I could tell on the TV DVR, had to rewind it a few times to watch it again and hear the noise) was just lovely. That sinking feeling after though, eck...Don't even want to talk about it again.

Shola on the pitch - would have burried the pen mind you. but he would have done F all after that.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Just to clarify the point about Oba's pens and which feet he's taken them with.

Reading -  Scored Right foot

Everton -  Missed Left foot

Zulte Waragem - Scored Left foot

Birmingham - Scored Left foot

Arsenal - Missed Right foot

Not sure what that proves but there it is.

i think it proves he dosent know his left from his right.

And Championship standard?  That is what you think isn't it?

Hes not doing it well enough for me in the premier league.

I think thats utter bollocks. His goal yesterday came from nothing other than his own persistence. He has some of the worst midfielders in the league behind him, with a shocking supply line.

It was a tremendously lucky goal tbh the way it went for him

I think thats utter bollocks. His goal yesterday came from nothing other than his own persistence. He has some of the worst midfielders in the league behind him, with a shocking supply line.

Got lucky after a dodgy touch to get the ball back, nowt wrong with the finish though..

It was but he could have panicked and missed under that pressure. I'm pleased he at least scored after missing the pen. About the only positive I took out of the game (I wonder what the score would have been if we took the lead).

It was but he could have panicked and missed under that pressure. I'm pleased he at least scored after missing the pen. About the only positive I took out of the game (I wonder what the score would have been if we took the lead).

3-1 to us.

Guest Heneage

Don't argue that he had a bit of luck, but how much service did he get Saturday, none. Its piss poor how creative our midfield are.

Guest BooBoo

We are only too willing to excuse players "because they're playing with shite teammates".

When are they going to stop hiding behind their colleagues and prove their worth on their own two feet?

why ?

The one he skied was on his left. He's taken one on his right before and scored.

I agree that he should be using his left though, did not fancy him at all when he shaped up right footed. He's too erratic to take the penalties tbh.

how many pens have we had this season? im thinking 2?

3 I think. Barton vs WBA and Shola vs mackems.

Guthrie v Wigan

Owen v Blackburn

Oh aye, forgot that one. Good kick that.

i miss guthrie. he hasnt done much wrong this season and was excellent in that away win at portsmouth. if we can keep him fit and possibly get barton back playing in time for the crucial 6 pointers against the teams around us i will be far more confident

The exculpation of Martins for all his mistakes is becoming ridiculous tbh.

Think Martins catches extra hell because he's our only reliable goal threat. Every one of his mistakes seems bigger than they really are because we know how rare goalscoring opportunities are right now.