Obafemi Martins

Wullie

He scored 17 in one season irrc (waffa goals included), but yeah I meant he scored some mental goals which I really like in a player but when he wasn't doing that he wasn't doing much even if I still liked him at the time.

some mental goals ?

the one at spurs, bolton on the opening day perhaps....which others ?

He scored a few but if we are going to over analyse let's just say he scored some very good goals, as can be seen at a  popular video site if searching under Obafemi Martins - Newcastle.

He scored 17 in one season irrc (waffa goals included), but yeah I meant he scored some mental goals which I really like in a player but when he wasn't doing that he wasn't doing much even if I still liked him at the time.

some mental goals ?

the one at spurs, bolton on the opening day perhaps....which others ?

He scored a few but if we are going to over analyse let's just say he scored some very good goals, as can be seen at a  popular video site if searching under Obafemi Martins - Newcastle.

aye take a look and lets not think they were all spurs stylee. the idea he could conjure something out of nothing, he did as much as most other forwards and ended up being a pretty shit signing in hindsight.

Had a lot of ability but also no mental fortitude whatsoever.

Was pretty good in his first two seasons.

Went completely anonymous and was probably contemplating his next move the moment things started going to shit.

Think that crazy shot vs Spurs is still my favorite NUFC goal.

Nicky Butt scored in that match :lol:

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icnewcastle/mar2007/5/4/799EC457-096F-ABEE-E6545936C13095A6.jpg

Guest firetotheworks

It proper annoyed me how he was always seen as being fast. He either wasn't, or never showed it.

He was a mental player like. You don't hit the bar from the touchline, 50 yards from goal if you don't have something strange about you. Cisse has that too, just not to the same extreme.

It proper annoyed me how he was always seen as being fast. He either wasn't, or never showed it.

He was a mental player like. You don't hit the bar from the touchline, 50 yards from goal if you don't have something strange about you. Cisse has that too, just not to the same extreme.

He never learned how to use it to full effect playing on the shoulder, but to claim the guy isn't fast, is a completely mental thing to say in public.

Well, he's been using his pace pretty well here. He's getting himself in a lot of positions after beating the defenders and only his finishing has been a bit erratic, sometimes awful sometimes great. But 4 in 4 is a great return.

It's probably an attitude thing too, I watched the highlights of the game he scored a brace in and he was playing like a man possessed. His second is a great goal, by the way.

Look up his goal against Valencia to see an example of him exploiting his pace. As route one as you can get.

Well, he's been using his pace pretty well here. He's getting himself in a lot of positions after beating the defenders and only his finishing has been a bit erratic, sometimes awful sometimes great. But 4 in 4 is a great return.

It's probably an attitude thing too, I watched the highlights of the game he scored a brace in and he was playing like a man possessed. His second is a great goal, by the way.

Look up his goal against Valencia to see an example of him exploiting his pace. As route one as you can get.

Seen that a couple of weeks back.  The commentary for the goal is brilliant :lol: sounds like he's crying with hapiness! 

Typical Martins, has no idea what he's doing, just sprinting towards goal, lashes at it, top corner.  Thanks and goodnight.

I liked him.  He was erratic, unreliable and stupid.  But I enjoyed and hated watching him play in equal measure, as you never knew what you were gonna get.