Relegation - will we or won't we? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just done the Premiership predictor and have Derby, Fulham and Sunderland going down with Chelsea winning the league.

Where were we and what results did you give us?

13th or 14th, it wasn't quite up to date as Wigan, Bolton, Spurs and Man City hadn't had their results on for today.

I had us down as wins against Fulham and Sunderland with draws against Birmingham, Reading and West Ham.

Just done the Premiership predictor and have Derby, Fulham and Sunderland going down with Chelsea winning the league.

Where were we and what results did you give us?

i think Arsenal will come 3rd after doing the predictor with Chelsea 2nd

I suspect that all of the other teams down at the bottom are taking heart from that fact that, in their eyes, we are already down.

Is it irony that our lack of confidence is giving confidence to the teams around us ?...

Bolton losing today is a cracking result. If they lose their next two, one of those games being Arsenal, i think they'll have just about saved the likes of us/Reading. (Boro are already safe imo)

Guest youngster

we should be safe on 37 points according to my predictions...bolton to go down with fulham and derby of course

Just noticed Fulham and Sunderland haven't won away from home all season...

Dont man. Its facts that that that send a shiver down my spine.

You can see the resulots and headlines already cant you

3 'thats' in a row!! Thought I was having déjà vu  :crazy2:

Not sure why, but I suddenly had a surge of optimism after looking at the  league table. At least the end of the season isn't a damp squib, as it has been for the last few years.

Infact, Bolton's next three games are all going to be very, very difficult for them. Christ, their loss today has em fucked. They're deep in the shit.

I agree. Very bad result for them. I did wonder whether the decision to change their team on Thursday would be a bad one. Could be very bad for their morale.

I just wish I could see us picking up some points from somewhere - currently I just dont. Seeing Fulham beat Everton today makes me VERY nervous for next week.

Jamie Redknapp wound me up when he said it but he was right. All the other teams are picking up points here and there. We are the team that needs to be the most worried

Infact, Bolton's next three games are all going to be very, very difficult for them. Christ, their loss today has em fucked. They're deep in the shit.

I agree. Very bad result for them. I did wonder whether the decision to change their team on Thursday would be a bad one. Could be very bad for their morale.

I just wish I could see us picking up some points from somewhere - currently I just dont. Seeing Fulham beat Everton today makes me VERY nervous for next week.

Jamie Redknapp wound me up when he said it but he was right. All the other teams are picking up points here and there. We are the team that needs to be the most worried

Hmm... thing is though, i still think we're one win away from kicking off. A draw tomorrow night even could give us the impetus to go "right, this is it, here we go", and with the next game being Fulham... we've got every chance.

Tomorrow night is huge after the results this weekend and i midweek. Howay the fucking lads.

Villa away after that, Spurs and Chelsea away to come later on.

Villa on the slide

Bolton losing today is a cracking result. If they lose their next two, one of those games being Arsenal, i think they'll have just about saved the likes of us/Reading. (Boro are already safe imo)

The problem is our rivals keep pulling off shock results (e.g. Fulham beating Everton today, Wigan getting a draw from Arsenal). It's impossible to make a prediction on Newcastle until after the Birmingham and Fulham games. If we lose them games it's hard to see who we'd win any points off.

Just did a pessimistic prediction on the BBC's fixture calculator.

Horrific scenario where Sunderland pick up wins at home against unmotivated sides that are safe from relegation, but have slipped out of the race for Europe.

On the last day of the season, Bolton are on 32 points by grinding out draws against mid table sides with nothing to play for, and beat Sunderland in their penultimate game, as the Mackems are already safe and are only to willing to lay down for the home side, to the delight of the their travelling fans.

Although we remain unbeaten in our first three home games, we only manage to win the easiest one, and our last home game ends in defeat as our opponents could still mathematically win the title, although it would depend on their rivals losing their last two.

With us and Wigan - who have been dragged back down as their luck eventually runs out - on 33 points, and Bolton only one point short, we are all facing relegation on the last game of the season.

Due to our abysmal goal difference, if we fail to win, Bolton only have to draw to stay up, and Wigan could then afford to lose.

Crucially, the top three has already been decided, as Arsenal's failure to beat any of their rivals and defeat against the champions leaves them marooned on third, but far enough from Liverpool in Fourth not to care.

But it is Chelsea, who have secured 2nd spot, and are looking towards their Champions League final, who seal our doom by playing mostly the youth team, not willing to take any chances on possible injuries.

Bolton gain their point at a canter. We need a point to stay up.

In a cruel twist of irony, our last opponents beat us to make sure of UEFA qualification ahead of their rivals, who eventually win the FA Cup ensuring both teams qualify anyway.

Those who can bear to watch any further are 'treated' to the sight of Steve Bruce saying how sad he is to see us go down, although he does this suppressing a big grin and gets showered with Champagne during the interview.

Of course, ex-Evertonian and ex-Mackem Boss Peter Reid is in attendance at Goodison Park, and Sam Allardyce is at

Stamford Bridge. Both revel in the grief and Keegan gives a tearful interview saying how our fans don't deserve this, and he'll stop at nothing to bring us back up at the first attempt.

Ashley makes a tit of Keegan, and by extension us all, when he sacks Keegan the day after and immediately installs Wise to bring us back up. 

Or we could stay up.

12. Reading   40

13. Middlesbrough   39

14. Sunderland   39

15. Birmingham   37

16. Newcastle   37

17. Wigan   34

----------------------------

18. Bolton   29

19. Fulham   24

20. Derby   13

Only wins against Fulham and Reading, with a draw against Brum to come. Man Utd champions with Arsenal runners-up.

Horrific scenario where Sunderland pick up wins at home against unmotivated sides that are safe from relegation, but have slipped out of the race for Europe.

On the last day of the season, Bolton are on 32 points by grinding out draws against mid table sides with nothing to play for, and beat Sunderland in their penultimate game, as the Mackems are already safe and are only to willing to lay down for the home side, to the delight of the their travelling fans.

Although we remain unbeaten in our first three home games, we only manage to win the easiest one, and our last home game ends in defeat as our opponents could still mathematically win the title, although it would depend on their rivals losing their last two.

With us and Wigan - who have been dragged back down as their luck eventually runs out - on 33 points, and Bolton only one point short, we are all facing relegation on the last game of the season.

Due to our abysmal goal difference, if we fail to win, Bolton only have to draw to stay up, and Wigan could then afford to lose.

Crucially, the top three has already been decided, as Arsenal's failure to beat any of their rivals and defeat against the champions leaves them marooned on third, but far enough from Liverpool in Fourth not to care.

But it is Chelsea, who have secured 2nd spot, and are looking towards their Champions League final, who seal our doom by playing mostly the youth team, not willing to take any chances on possible injuries.

In a cruel twist of irony, our last opponents beat us to make sure of UEFA qualification ahead of their rivals, who eventually win the FA Cup ensuring both teams qualify anyway.

Those who can bear to watch any further are 'treated' to the sight of Steve Bruce saying how sad he is to see us go down, although he does this suppressing a big grin and gets showered with Champagne during the interview.

Of course, ex-Evertonian and ex-Mackem Boss Peter Reid is in attendance at Goodison Park, and Sam Allardyce is at

Stamford Bridge. Both revel in the grief and Keegan gives a tearful interview saying how our fans don't deserve this, and he'll stop at nothing to bring us back up at the first attempt.

Ashley makes a tit of Keegan, and by extension us all, when he sacks Keegan the day after and immediately installs Wise to bring us back up. 

Or we could stay up.

:puke:

Or we could stay up.

Frighteningly realistic.

It was the part about Keegan giving the interview and making the comment about the fans that made me jolt and realise that it actually hadnt happened yet - it seems so clear. You managed to hypnotise me into thinking I was reading an actual review of the season

:weep:

Good result for us today with Wigan winning but i'm still worried. I think we'll be lucky to get anything tommorow and can't see us beating both Reading and Fulham. It will be tight, I'm really not sure how it will go. Our one saving grace might be the fixture lists of other teams. If Fulham play like they did today they'll pull clear though as they have a fairly easy run in.

Or we could stay up.

:puke:

:lol: I will actually puke like if we go down :(

The one thing I will say is, we can't rely on other teams to just give up and die. We thought Fulham were nailed on relegation certs and they pull off a great win. We thought Reading were dead certs and they suddenly start getting points. It's still in our hands but we need 4pts from the next two games. Tomorrow will tell us a lot.

Thats the things isnt it.

For too long, a lot of people on here, and a lot of Villa and Birmingham fans around where I live have all been saying "you wont go down... there are too many shite teams down the bottom".

Well here is the reality check... we are now the shitest of the shite (bar Derby).

Hopefully the players havent also been thinking along the same lines. If they have, hopefully, recent results will have been hammered home to them and have shown them that they have to stop assuming someone else will be worse than us.

It's worrying that with so many games left were already desperatly looking around us hoping a team will fall away.

The reality is our fate is still completely in our own hands and we have to get results, especially in the the next 2 games against Birmingham and Fulham.

After the next 6 days, there are no more excuses. Its been easy to say "the fixtures have been very hard" up until now and I think that is a genuine defense.

However, we cant use that after Birmingham/Fulham .