Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Saw him once playing for France - underwhelmed frankly, looked a bit cumbersome but probably the best NUFC can get in his position. Upgrade on Shola but will not get as many goals as Cisse would in a better organized side.

Hopefully at the end of this summers transfer saga we have strikers that can actually play along with other players, or even together with other strikers. (Hopefully with Cisse still here).

Edit: With Gomis mainly playing up top alone, that might be hard  :idiot2:

The fact is we need strikers. At the moment we have Cisse (who is unlikely to play for us again), Gouffran, Shola (who rarely scores goals) and Campbell (who should go out on loan to see if he's good enough before we start relying on him).  Apart from his stats I don't know how good Gomis is but he must be a big improvement on our current meagre striking options. We need competition up front. Cisse was poor for a large part of last season but he played just about every game as the only alternative was Shola.

I'd be very happy with Remy-Gomis-Hatem as a front three. Problem is, assuming Cisse is off, only Gouffran is adequate cover so we'd still be short of upgrades on Shola and Obertan:

We could also really do with some goals from midfield. If Cabaye went, I'd love to see us buy a box to box midfielder to play with Sissoko in front of Anita.

From what I've seen he has pace, power and is comfortable striking the ball with both feet.  45 goals in his last 2 seasons is impressive.

Would be a good addition alright, only concern is him + Remy/Bent would mean Cisse is a goner.

Newcastle United table offer for Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis

NEWCASTLE UNITED have firmed up their interest in Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis by launching a bid for him.

By: Charles PerrinPublished: Mon, July 22, 2013

The 27-year-old frontman was in electric form last season and turned the heads of another Premier League outfits following his impressive performances domestically and in the Europa League.

The Magpies are looking to ameliorate their attacking options and have also been linked with out-of-favour Aston Villa striker Darren Bent.

With Papiss Cisse tipped to leave after his refusal to wear the club's shirt, which is sponsored by payday company Wonga, Gomis, who has been likened to Didier Drogba is on Alan Pardew's agenda.

According to the Newcastle Chronicle, United are yet to sit down with Gomis or his representatives to discuss personal terms, but are hopeful of making a breakthrough in the next few days.

They also report the Magpies could land the French international for a knockdown fee.

United had also been eyeing up a move for Benfica's Oscar Cardozo, but Turkish outfit Fenerbahce are thought to be the only side willing to meet his £13m price fee.

Gomis hit 18 goals in all competitions for Lyon last season.

Meanwhile, Mick Harford has confirmed that he has turned down an offer to work as Joe Kinnear's assistant.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/416634/Newcastle-United-table-offer-for-Lyon-striker-Bafetimbi-Gomis

Newcastle United table offer for Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis

The Magpies are looking to ameliorate their attacking options and have also been linked with out-of-favour Aston Villa striker Darren Bent.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/416634/Newcastle-United-table-offer-for-Lyon-striker-Bafetimbi-Gomis

Is this a Lee Ryder article!? :lol:

edit - Who's Charles Perrin the posh cunt?

Positive thoughts man, come on :lol:

Well I have stayed out of the transfer threads so far this summer because I know I'd annoy people with my pessimism.  :p  I just can't see anyone other than the desperate or bewildered being attracted at the moment.

Positive thoughts man, come on :lol:

Well I have stayed out of the transfer threads so far this summer because I know I'd annoy people with my pessimism.  :p  I just can't see anyone other than the desperate or bewildered being attracted at the moment.

Thanks for popping in now then.

;)

Guest bimpy474

What's happened in the 6 months since we signed a load of quality players?

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/220499/article_1b59cbd7caf94c5e_1371545576_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

:pardsgrin:

Has there been any firm mention of a realistic fee anywhere? I'm guessing the £4m is rubbish? But not as rubbish as the €4m?

Been all quiet since the Chronicle announced it. Only thing I can find of recent is that Marseille might be interested too but only if they shift Gignac.