Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

I'm guessing we want him and he'd come here, but we value him less than Lyon want to sell. If he is in his last year of contract he should in theory go for less, perhaps Lyon think they can get a bidding war going and max what they can get. Classic us, not prepared to pay above what we value him at.

From what i heard earlier in summer about Gomis, he wants to actually stay but the chairman wants rid.

So is rejecting clubs left and right, gotta love a bit of brinkmanship.

As for wanting to come here? i don't have a clue tbh.

They are skint arent they? Guess he's on a big wage, 4 years ago Lyon were hoying daft contracts around to anyone.

Can't see him taking a pay cut to come here, it's either the league and the French lads that is attracting him or he's simply not even interested and this is all paper talk.

Kazan and Fenerbahce will presumably offer better wages, we can offer the Premier League.

If all three bids are accepted, it just depends what is more important to him.

Wonder why the chairman wants rid...

Because his contract is running down, and he isn't interested in signing a new one.

Because they need money and Gomis has just one year left on his contract.

I assume they don't value him under his current terms of contract else they'd just offer him an extended deal. For some reason took a more sinister perspective when first hearing the chairman wants rid.

Because his contract is running down, and he isn't interested in signing a new one.

I assume they don't value him under his current terms of contract else they'd just offer him an extended deal. For some reason took a more sinister perspective when first hearing the chairman wants rid.

They have offered, he's turned them down.

They have offered, he's turned them down.

Ah right, guess he wants more or new challenge.

:thup:

I'll be surprised if we sign this fella.

Face it, it's Cisse and Shola for 38 games of frustration, swearing and general bemusement.

I won't face it quite yet if that's alright.

I don't blame you. I think i've finally lost the plot with this club.

Friday 26th July 2013:

It has been confirmed that President Aulas and Gomis were due to have a meeting yesterday, but Gomis refused to speak to him and instead handed him a letter and walked away. This is likely to delay proceedings as Aulas needs to grant permission for Gomis to negotiate elsewhere, but also highlights just how untenable the forward’s position at the club has become.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2013/transfer-update-bafetimbi-gomis/