Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Guest chopey

I would be more than happy with that although a new manager to point them in the right direction would also be helpful, my vote would be for Colo to be player manager with an older head on the bench

Lyon would be nuts to reject that tbh.

Also if we got Remy and Gomis, we could make a decent side out of a 4-4-2 as well :lol:

Who would play on the wings?  Great striker options though.

Wings :yao:

But seriously its a good point, honestly would try Gouffran or Remy out there :lol: anything is better than Jonas or Obertan.

At least with Gomis we would have the hold up option to get the rest of the midfield involved.

Lyon would be nuts to reject that tbh.

Also if we got Remy and Gomis, we could make a decent side out of a 4-4-2 as well :lol:

Who would play on the wings?  Great striker options though.

in a 4-4-2, assuming we were smart enough to train the players to play the system i'd have santon RW and benny LW and all throughout pre-season training would have had them working on beating their man and getting quality crosses in

CM is the problem for me if we went 4-4-2, sissoko would have to play simply cause he can get up and down and i suppose cabaye due to how bad tiote is now but i don't think they would work as a CM pair

has to be 4-3-3

Ben Arfa becomes more of an orthodox winger when played on the left. The problem is it seems to take a lot away from his game and he doesn't have the same joy cutting in like he does on the right. (except for that villa goal at home last season :lol:)

Ben Arfa becomes more of an orthodox winger when played on the left. The problem is it seems to take a lot away from his game and he doesn't have the same joy cutting in like he does on the right. (except for that villa goal at home last season :lol:)

:lol: He's only played there about 4 or 5 times for us, if that.

Scored at least twice from there too, if we're playing with inverted wingers (I'm not a fan) we have 1 player who can hit the by line and cross and his crossing is 7/10 at best.

You are right. IMO Ben Arfa on either wing is a waste of his talent the way we play under Pardew. Has to play central.

I do kind of like the idea of Santon on the right wing and Ben Arfa on the left but we'd be screwed at left back if that is the case and there still isn't huge evidence that Santon can play on the right wing.

Let's be honest here if we get go 4-4-2 the wingers will be Ben Arfa on the right and Jonas on the left which will just not work.  4-3-3 is the way forward for me.  Makes the best use of our squad.

Because Pardew wants to play a 2 striker system don't necessarily mean we have to play flat 4-4-2 and force Ben Arfa to be a conventional winger.

There's a few variations of the system like 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-2-2 which both would more suitable for the players we currently have.

Huge question marks on Pardew mind.

4-3-1-2 could work if we played something like this:

Debuchey Mbiwa Colo Santon

Sissoko Cabaye Marveux

Ben Arfa

Gomis  Cisse

There is enough pace there for the player to run the channels and still add width.

I do kind of like the idea of Santon on the right wing and Ben Arfa on the left but we'd be screwed at left back if that is the case and there still isn't huge evidence that Santon can play on the right wing.

Let's be honest here if we get go 4-4-2 the wingers will be Ben Arfa on the right and Jonas on the left which will just not work.  4-3-3 is the way forward for me.  Makes the best use of our squad.

Yeah. If we get Remy then we could push him and Ben Arfa nice and high up the pitch playing off the striker and then try and get a nice formula in midfield with Cabaye, Tiote,Sissoko and/or Marveaux

Because Pardew wants to play a 2 striker system don't necessarily mean we have to play flat 4-4-2 and force Ben Arfa to be a conventional winger.

There's a few variations of the system like 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-2-2 which both would more suitable for the players we currently have.

As if he has any clues to those systems. He'll be even more confused. :lol:

I wouldn't write off the idea of Mbiwa playing there a few times this coming season, especially if we were to bring in another defender.

I'm trying to dream :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/v7Siswf.png

Guest bimpy474

I'm trying to dream :lol:

Mole mate, look at what you put 4-2-2-2. Alan says high :lol:

Love a dreamer though, you keep dreaming  :rose: