Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

'The latest on Bafetimbi Gomis is that Lyon are now asking for £8.6m, rejecting Newcastle United's bid of £6.9million. -W.'

Unsure where source from, just posted by transfer centre on Twitter. Hopefully not true.

'The latest on Bafetimbi Gomis is that Lyon are now asking for £8.6m, rejecting Newcastle United's bid of £6.9million. -W.'

Unsure where source from, just posted by transfer centre on Twitter. Hopefully not true.

£8.6m (aka 10m euros) has been the alleged asking price bandied around all the papers, hasn't it?

Aulas will be mad to refuse that offer. I can see us walking away if true.

Guest pont-toon

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan 2m

From L'Equipe: #ol refuse 8 mill euro offer from #nufc for #gomis, negotiations are continuing

Will we meet them halfway? If they do actually "want" £8.6m, I mean.

Another £850k (€1m) might do the trick.

Shades of Debuchy last year...

Will be interesting to see if the policy remains the same since the boardroom shuffle.

Will be interesting to see if the policy remains the same since the boardroom shuffle.

You'd like to think  they learned their lessons when we were forced to go back in for them in January to avoid being relegated. We need strikers, we're very close to agreeing a fee by most accounts, for the sake of an extra million I'd like to think he'd cough up and get him into the club.

We'll see.

You'd like to think  they learned their lessons when we were forced to go back in for them in January to avoid being relegated. We need strikers, we're very close to agreeing a fee by most accounts, for the sake of an extra million I'd like to think he'd cough up and get him into the club.

We'll see.

:thup:

The extended game of brinksmanship may be too much to resist though... unless that was Dekka's thing.

Remember who you're talking about. :lol:

Aye, I know what you mean.

The main reason I asked people's thoughts was because there were a few signs that we only did all of that business and forced transfers through in January because Ashley had seen the Reading game first-hand and realised the magnitude of the situation. Then came the talk from DL of the previous approach being "too rigid" when the dust had settled, etc.

Also that I got the impression that it was Llambias who got a stonk-on for the financial hard-ball stuff as much as anything and that Ashley wouldn't have been involved directly in much that will have gone before (the day-to-day back and forth with other clubs, the Debuchy stuff, etc.)

Cannonball Joe might be a totally different proposition, if he's not here just to sabotage everything of course. We're going to have to sign a player or two to mount our attack on the CL places you know?