Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Guest bimpy474

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 26s

Hearing that Bafetimbi Gomis is furious over Lyon's stance regarding #nufc interest. Spats of moves for HBA, Cisse and Debuchy this one.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 36s

Hearing that Bafetimbi Gomis is furious over Lyon's stance regarding #nufc interest. Spats of moves for HBA, Cisse and Debuchy this one.

6 secs, why you utter  :rant:

:lol:

Guest neesy111

Why is our recruitment bad? I think we've assembled a pretty good squad without spending barely anything.

Squad.  You call having Shola Ameobi as your 2nd choice striker a f****** squad!

I bet that if our entire recruitment team/scouting network or whatever you want to call it was laid bare for us all to see that we would find that it is even more third rate and amateur than we all suspect it to be.

Our scouting "network" consists of one man :lol: which says all you need to know.

I'm sure I've read before that there are a couple of others and not just Carr but I would bet that we have less than five scouts. Appalling really. Honestly, the club would be better off coming on here and asking the forum. Bet it has more knowledge than the scouting system.

Why is our recruitment bad? I think we've assembled a pretty good squad without spending barely anything.

Squad.  You call having Shola Ameobi as your 2nd choice striker a f****** squad!

Exactly.

We target whoever we can get for less than they're worth. I hate it. It's no way to build any sort of effective footballing unit.

Exactly.

We target whoever we can get for less than they're worth. I hate it. It's no way to build any sort of effective footballing unit.

Our balance sheet is going to be mint next year.  :celb:

Exactly.

The players we recruit are quality for decent prices. The quantity and structure of our recruitment is woefully inept.

Yay, another player placed in dispute with his club. Why are we always fucking wankers in the transfer market?

we're far from the worst when it comes to being wankers in the transfer market, see real's drip drip drip to unsettle Bale over a few months and Bara's move for Fabregas over a few years

Exactly.

The players we recruit are quality for decent prices. The quantity and structure of our recruitment is woefully inept.

They're rarely what we actually 'need'.

It's a false economy missing out on a player over 1 mil Euros - the club will lose more when we don't score enough goals.

Can't see Lyon accepting a 9m Ehro offer at this point in time personally.  They're going to think "8m then days later 9m, plenty of time to wait for 10m".

Exactly.

:thup: that's it.

It's a false economy missing out on a player over 1 mil Euros - the club will lose more when we don't score enough goals.

We say this about every player though.

Wasn't our initial bid for Gomis around £4m? If so we have already gone up £2.9m. Ashley is a tight fucker that tries to get every deal as low as possible but aren't all owners apart from the oil rich etc.. like that?

If our scouts have identified a player, put him in a certain value range and we don't go above that I don't mind. £6.9m for a player who can agree to leave for free in six months, is practically on strike, has been told he will be leaving and forced to train with the kids seems pretty generous iyam.

From the little I have seen and what others have said it doesn't seem far off the fee you would expect to pay if he had 4 years left on his contract. How much did Remy go for? £8m? Despite being younger, higher profile and having more time left on his contract.

I completely agree with those who have said this should have been sorted out a long time ago though. We seem to leave our 'planning' for when the window is open and everyone else is well down the line with their signings. Window opens and we start talks on who we should try and sign, it's pathetic.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 36s

Huh, Cisse was our one transfer that was done and dusted before anyone knew anything about it.

Exactly.

Isn't that down to the manager? I assume he gives the recruitment team some sort of brief on what sort of players he wants. If he doesn't he's only got himself to blame.

Have to agree with Ronny here. It's scattergun stuff just to pick up bargains.

We dont actually need strikers at the moment then?  We didnt need a right back when we signed Debuchy?  Or Santon either after Enrique left?..  Should I go on?  Value is obviously quite a big factor, to much so, but its far from the only factor behind who we sign.