Current Feelings?

Willow
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Personally, I think it all hinges on this match against Birmingham a week on Monday....

We will have some time to 'rest and regroup' as they say but we can't afford to piss around anymore. We've had a run of games against the top teams in quick succession and whilst we never expected much out of them, I'm sure we thought we'd get at least a draw or even a win at some point. I've been really excited about next season until recently. The promise of large funds and general investment is fantastic but since our situation has turned bleaker than ever, that all goes out the window.

My current feeling: Terrified

(but I still feel we'll pull off some unexpected 3 pointers)

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2477/29759225cc0.png

I'm probably all of them and sometime during the week tbf.

I'm hopeful we can avoid it, but i am really shitting bricks.

I'm not apathetic for a change, just a damn shame its at this end of the scale.

To be honest, im numb at the mo, but i have a slight feeling at the back of my mind that Boltons fixture list will proe too much. It would be the worse thing if were to go down becasue i can see a spending spree this summer like no other being shelved cos of it, Keegan is the only man im genuinely excited about having money.

Optimistic.

We'll stay up, get rid of a lot of people and build a better team worth supporting.

Or we'll go down, get rid of a lot of people, then come straight back up with a team worth supporting.

I'm bricking it but I really don't think the Birmingham game is THAT big. If, God forbid, we get nothing, we'll still stay up by winning our three home games against the teams around us imo. There's other points available elsewhere too with a bit of confidence back.

That's not to say I'm not shitting it, I really am.

To be honest, im numb at the mo, but i have a slight feeling at the back of my mind that Boltons fixture list will proe too much. It would be the worse thing if were to go down becasue i can see a spending spree this summer like no other being shelved cos of it, Keegan is the only man im genuinely excited about having money.

That's the one thing I'm clinging onto, too. Other teams being as shit as we are.

Getting something off Birmingham would be a massive bonus, I don't think we can afford to lose our home games against Fulham, Reading or the Mackems.

Lose one of those home games and our future becomes uncertain.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50337.msg1236574#msg1236574

I've kinda given up on the away games for the rest of the season.

With five games remaining to be played on the road this season, our Premier League away record of just two wins and two draws in fourteen attempts compares badly to the eventual tally recorded the previous seasons we've played in this competition:

93/94: 31 points from 21 matches

(9 wins, 4 draws, 8 defeats, 31 goals scored)

94/95: 24 points from 21 matches

(6 wins, 6 draws, 9 defeats, 21 goals scored)

95/96: 26 points from 19 matches

(7 wins, 5 draws, 7 defeats, 28 goals scored)

96/97: 26 points from 19 matches

(6 wins, 8 draws, 5 defeats, 19 goals scored)

97/98: 15 points from 19 matches

(3 wins, 6 draws, 10 defeats, 13 goals scored)

98/99: 19 points from 19 matches

(4 wins, 7 draws, 8 defeats, 22 goals scored)

99/00: 17 points from 19 matches

(4 wins, 5 draws, 10 defeats, 21 goals scored)

00/01: 17 points from 19 matches

(4 wins, 5 draws, 10 defeats, 18 goals scored)

01/02: 32 points from 19 matches

(9 wins, 5 draws, 5 defeats, 34 goals scored)

02/03: 22 points from 19 matches

(6 wins, 4 draws, 9 defeats, 27 goals scored)

03/04: 18 points from 19 matches

(2 wins, 12 draws, 5 defeats, 19 goals scored)

04/05: 16 points from 19 matches

(3 wins, 7 draws, 9 defeats, 22 goals scored)

05/06: 20 points from 19 matches

(6 wins, 2 draws, 11 defeats, 19 goals scored)

06/07: 15 points from 19 matches

(4 wins, 3 draws, 12 defeats, 15 goals scored)

07/08: 8 points from 14 matches

(2 wins, 2 draws, 10 defeats, 12 goals scored)

PS: Our other four top-flight demotions came under the old two points for a win rule, but amending the stats to the current three point return gives the following totals:

33/34: 15 points from 21 matches

(4 wins, 3 draws, 14 defeats, 26 goals scored)

33/34: 15 points from 21 matches

(4 wins, 3 draws, 14 defeats, 35 goals scored)

77/78: 10 points from 21 matches

(2 wins, 4 draws, 15 defeats, 16 goals scored)

88/89: 16 points from 19 matches

(4 wins, 4 draws, 11 defeats, 13 goals scored)

That's fucking pathetic.

Emotionally battered and scarred, but rationally I can see that our performances (not the results dumbass) are improving, we were unlucky to lose against Blackburn and I think all we need is to have a bit of luck go our way and win a game and confidence will start to come back. Once that happens, I can see us going on a little run that will leave us safe by the end of it. I really hope that we don't have any bad luck against Brum, a la Liverpool, because if our confidence doesn't get a boost pretty soon then I will start to worry.

Very worried prior to Blackburn. Bricking it since Blackburn.

At half-four, we were potentially nine points clear come the end of the match. Then we were three points clear. Now we're BELOW Reading.

Terrified. If we don't beat Fulham i'll be pretty much resigned to us going down. Birmingham isn't as crucial, but if we lose that's another one that's pulled away. A draw would keep everyone else in contention.

I think I've actually become pretty numb to our situation in a way. I just expect us to lose. That said, I was fucking devastated when we lost to Blackburn.

I think I've actually become largely numb to our situation in a way. I just expect us to lose. That said, I was fucking devastated when we lost to Blackburn.

Yeah, as far as individual moments go, when Blackburn scored that hit me as hard as Poyet's second goal/Partizan's equaliser/etc. Cooled off fairly quickly, cos it was just another defeat, but i'd been sat on tentahooks for the past twenty minutes staring at the PC, begging and just waiting for us to score. When Final Score was on and Ray Stubbs was saying "goal at Newcastle", i almost cheered. Awful, awful feeling.