Biggest Ever Newcastle Goal

James

Inspired by the Inter game thread, it has often been discussed as to what the best ever Newcastle goal is, but what about the biggest?

Several things can make a goal big - it could affect the fortunes of a club, it could be scored on a big occassion with the world watching, it could be a personal landmark for a great player.

So what is the Biggest Newcastle goal of all time and why? I'll turn this thread into a poll tommorrow after people have had a chance to make suggestions.

Examples of big goals could be Shearer vs Portsmouth, Bellamy vs Feyenoord, Shearer vs Inter, Liam O'Brien vs Sunderland, Moncur vs Ujpest Doza, Albert vs Manchester United David Kelly vs Portsmouth, and even Bramble vs Chelsea could be considered big in that it got us into Europe (although definitely not the biggest).

Shearers record?

Alberts goal vs Man U?

A little off topic, but are we the only club in the champions league to of lost thier first 3 games and still qualifid for the next round?

I think we were the first, but not the last.

Shearers record?

Alberts goal vs Man U?

A little off topic, but are we the only club in the champions league to of lost thier first 3 games and still qualifid for the next round?

I think we were the first, but not the last.

i cant rememeber it being done since. That surely reitierates the importance of Bellamy's goal.

Tinos goals versus Barcelona.

Guest BooBoo

Bellamy's against Feyenoord ? I went mad on that goal  :cheesy:

winner against leicester away, there was never a bigger goal for this club

I think we would have still stayed up if it finished 1-1 at Leicester. As such i think Kelly's goal was the big one.

Bellamy's against Feyenoord ? I went mad on that goal  :cheesy:

When I see that goal I still get a lump in my throat, it was one of the most emotional nights I have witnessed as a newcastle supporter, Dyer shot in the dying minutes of the game that was parried by the keeper and Bellamy stole in at the back post and crashed it against the stranded keeper and into the net.

I cheered and screamed so much that I went dizzy and almost fainted............

As much as Bellamy's vs Feyenoord or Shearer's record breaking one were great... they can't be classed as the biggest goal for the club.

Even though it was before my time it's hard to argue against the Kelly one.

We might have another big big goal coming up in the next couple of months!