Keegan's Best Signing First Time Around?

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pretty simple question really. I'll post mine later on, although I know who it is.

Please don't turn this into a debate about the new board and the lack of signings, as this could make for an interesting topic of discussion.

Rob Lee.

Excellent choice Marc. There was a period when for me he was the best midfielder in the country, total box to box player. Very intelligent footballer as well.

Got a few free footballs as well when he took a shot.

Canny since i live in Whitley Bay.

Cole was probably the one that set us on our way. We could have signed someone that flopped, and we'd have ended up flat as a pancake. He led us to that third place finish and gave us the impetus to sign the likes of Ferdinand and the rest, and push us on.

Cole was probably the one that set us on our way. We could have signed someone that flopped, and we'd have ended up flat as a pancake. He led us to that third place finish and gave us the impetus to sign the likes of Ferdinand and the rest, and push us on.

We never really fully started shining that season though until Pedro returned from his broken cheekbone. Despite the obvious efforts of Cole.

Rob Lee.

Excellent choice Marc. There was a period when for me he was the best midfielder in the country, total box to box player. Very intelligent footballer as well.

Top notch player.  :thup:

The type of player you could build a team around. It's a fantastic list though and they were all really good signings in their own, unique way. :)

Bloody hell can't believe there is any discussion over this. It has to be Shearer by a country mile, achieved far more than any other Keegan signing and was instrumental for a decade.

Bloody hell can't believe there is any discussion over this. It has to be Shearer by a country mile, achieved far more than any other Keegan signing and was instrumental for a decade.

I'm going to be pedantic and say not for an entire decade as he was pretty ineffective those last couple of seasons.  :razz:

Guest jcricthon

I'm going to be pedantic and say not for an entire decade as he was pretty ineffective those last couple of seasons.  :razz:

I can't agree with that, even in his last couple of years where his ability was fading (which is a fair enough point I reckon), he was instrumental to the club, the fans and in the players we signed. I reckon we could have been deep in the mire well before now if he hadn't lasted so long.

I can't agree with that, even in his last couple of years where his ability was fading (which is a fair enough point I reckon), he was instrumental to the club, the fans and in the players we signed. I reckon we could have been deep in the mire well before now if he hadn't lasted so long.

Held us back at times due to his influence behind the scenes iyam. Especially when Kluivert/Bellamy was definitely the way forward at the time.

Held us back at times due to his influence behind the scenes iyam. Especially when Kluivert/Bellamy was definitely the way forward at the time.

Was it?