Newcastle United 2 - 0 Fulham - 22/03/08 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

Just watched the highlights;

- cracking goal by Viduka, tho if we let it in, we'd be asking why the defence was so slow.

- How the hell did Owen miss that header in the first half, think he didnt realise how much space and time he had, sitter tbh

- Nice header from Owen for the 2nd.

- Clean sheet, 3 pts, couldnt ask for much more

- KK looked very happy, and said exactly what I thought - they'd been bloody unlucky not to break the duck much earlier, with last gasps goals by Boro and Blackburn costing them.

Viduka was class today, held the ball up really well. Ok he might be a bit lazy and doesn't run as much as others do but he's got a knack of scoring really important goals. The way he got his shot away was quality.

I quite like Owen in the deep role, perhaps needs to shoot a bit more but he's growing into it nicely. Was dying for a left winger on a couple of occasions though and instinctively passed it in that position to find no one there.

Barton was good, even though he spent much of it on the left flank he impressed me. Much better than we've seen so far this season.

opinions are what makes football great, viduka drove me fucking mad today.

if that was him playing class i'd hate to say a poor performance.

good goal though.

What was poor about it? Scored a good goal, held the ball up well, won a fair bit in the air. He's not a workaholic and he never will be. Viduka is what he is, talented but bone idle. He's not going to charge down the goalkeeper but he'll always score goals. That'll do me.

glad we won today, and we deserved it. but make no mistake, we are a poor team.

some good performances though no doubt, but as mick says,  we are poor on the whole.

I would normally say that we are missing something in midfield by playing 3 forwards, then I remember who we've got to play in midfield and realise we're missing nothing, we must put that right in the summer.  Barton and Butt did well but I hope we're not watching them next season, if we are then we'll just get more of the same.

I'm confident that Keegan will go 4-4-2 and we'll look more balanced.  I would play Geremi for the rest of this season if he's fit because we seem to do better when he gets a game but he's a scruffy player, he just doesn't look like a footballer although like I've said, we do better with him than without.

I thought Keegan made a balls of taking Martins off again but you can't fault what happened after that because we doubled our lead and could relax for the first time in many months.

Harper -7 Didn't have a great deal to do. A few long rangers from Bullard were easily stopped.

Beye- 6.5 Wasn't as industrious down that flank as he normally is but had a great relationship with Geremi.

Taylor- 7 Solid throughout

Faye- 7 Solid througout

Enrique-7 Some excellent passing, getting better by the game

Geremi- 8 At the heart of all of our good play.

Barton- 6.5 Hit and Miss again. He was either giving the ball away or linking up quite well

Butt- 9 Great performance. Dictated the game.

Owen- 8 Good build up and got his goal.

Viduka- 8 The key to our team at the moment.

Martins- 7 Should have scored but contributed well.

On the whole Fulham were piss poor but you have to beat these teams. Not only did we outplay them completely but they never look like scoring. I cant remember them having one shot on target in the second half. Happy enough with our performance but more importantly 3 points that will see us clear of relegation IMO.

Viduka was class today, held the ball up really well. Ok he might be a bit lazy and doesn't run as much as others do but he's got a knack of scoring really important goals. The way he got his shot away was quality.

I quite like Owen in the deep role, perhaps needs to shoot a bit more but he's growing into it nicely. Was dying for a left winger on a couple of occasions though and instinctively passed it in that position to find no one there.

Barton was good, even though he spent much of it on the left flank he impressed me. Much better than we've seen so far this season.

good goal though.

What was poor about it? Scored a good goal, held the ball up well, won a fair bit in the air. He's not a workaholic and he never will be. Viduka is what he is, talented but bone idle. He's not going to charge down the goalkeeper but he'll always score goals. That'll do me.

I thought Viduka was exactly what we have been missing. Someone creative and not afraid to shoot.

Guest Harry-Norway

Thank you TOON love you all 3 points in box,just down from skiing in the mountains hope in the tunnel again

Guest loonietoonie

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/80343858.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1933B836CAF14D5D5C83B645DE7E2876423E30A760B0D811297

love it  :laugh:

Guest Harry-Norway

3 points,clean sheet and a fantastic Eastern holiday weather in Haugesund,a cold beer in my hand  LIFE FEEEEEEEEEEEELS  GOOD......YES

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/80343858.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1933B836CAF14D5D5C83B645DE7E2876423E30A760B0D811297

He looks retarded :), Funny pic

Guest Harry-Norway

3 points,clean sheet and a fantastic Eastern holiday weather in Haugesund,a cold beer in my hand  LIFE FEEEEEEEEEEEELS  GOOD......YES

glad you enjoy it Harry

love you too

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6886/kevsquirtfj6.gif

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6886/kevsquirtfj6.gif

LOL

good goal though.

Go easy on the lad. just been pregnant ffs!

http://i26.tinypic.com/wtzuwp.jpg

Very pleased today, just shows how important a good start can be - confidence is everything. Yes, a relatively poor Fulham side, but every reason to be chuffed tonight with the way the lads performed.

I'd forgotten what a 2-0 win felt like...

Guest Toepoke

Didn't see the game today unfortunately working, however I'm fucking delighted to say the least got football first on now looking forward to watching the game on football first.