Is N'Zogbia's exit inevitable? (Maybe not - Page 24!)

TRon

I was thinking about Viana in this new system under KK.

Think it would work?

Probably not, but i think he'd have stood a better chance, might have become a prem footballer given that kind of chance.

I'd of been inclined to say yes because he had a brilliant pass on him and had some deent creative touches as well, its not exactly the most physical role in the team so he might be ok then, but he's not exactly done well enough in his career for me to want to punt on him.

Still injured/not match-fit or just plain out of favour?

No place for him in a 4-3-3.

And it looks like when we switch to 4-4-2 then Duff is the favoured option, possibly because Zog is proving to be a huffy bugger.

And it looks like when we switch to 4-4-2 then Duff is the favoured option, possibly because Zog is proving to be a huffy bugger.

Could we not scrap Geremi and bring in Zoggy?

Geremi seems to me to be the weakest link in the mid.

Keegan was on BBC Radio Newcastle after the game and said he was one of the players who were not starting but deserved a game.

We play better with Geremi than without, even when he doesn't play well, I don't know why but he offers something.

If we're sticking with this system and Owen in his current role, then a top playmaker to replace Geremi has to be something we're looking for. Butt and Barton would make a nice engine room, but we need someone with a bit of real class on the ball to run the show for us and Geremi isn't the answer.

Neither is N'Zogbia btw, was just addressing TT's point about Geremi, agree that he's the odd man out.

Even though Geremi was only okay-ish (at best) in general play today, he created a goal. He's also been creating a fuck load of goals lately for us so there's no reason not to continue playing this same formation with the same players.

Keegan was on BBC Radio Newcastle after the game and said he was one of the players who were not starting but deserved a game.

Just a bit strange that he didn't even make the bench is all. Rather him there than Smith.

I think Geremi struggles against battling teams playing at a high tempo. They were poor, but the Mackems did work much harder and play at a higher tempo than we did, and often our players were surrounded by three Mackems, making it hard for us to pick out our passes, especially for the midfield trio.

Geremis delivery from free kicks and corners today was woeful...

Been woeful all season. Hits the first man every. single. time.

Got an assist though. His delivery is inconsistent (to say the least) but he does put the occasional excellent ball in. Doesn't say much about the rest of them that he takes everything though.

Geremis delivery from free kicks and corners today was woeful...

Been woeful all season. Hits the first man every. single. time.

Got an assist though. His delivery is inconsistent (to say the least) but he does put the occasional excellent ball in. Doesn't say much about the rest of them that he takes everything though.

I reckon Enrique should be given a go at taking corners.

His corners are woeful, but he still hasn't played in a game which we've lost which must say something.

How many assists does he have now in the last 6 games? It must be 4 or 5, no-one else comes near do they?

The cross was sublime (lot for Owen to do obviously, brilliant header) and Geremi pinged a brilliant key pass to Oba as well. Pinpoint over about 70 yards, the one that Oba brought down before playing the one-two with Owen. Geremi's far from perfect but his assists have contributed greatly to our resurgence so he's doing something right. One thing I like about him is that he never ever hides, he wants the ball as much as anyone on the field which is why he seems to do so much poorly and also does a lot well, because he has the ball very often.

Barton, Butt and Geremi all give the ball away more often than they should and at least two of them have legs which are well past their best yet we've dominated the midfield in every game since the second half at St Andrew's, which is credit to those three as well as the players helping out (Owen, the full backs and the other strikers) and it also shows just how good we could be with midfielders who can keep the ball better, have better end product and more stamina.

Not sure how we got from N'Zogbia to Geremi but nevertheless...