Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 4 Newcastle - 30/03/08 - post match reaction from page 25

James

I like Martins, but you know he's scored 1 goal in our last 20 games?

Doesn't quite deserve the  :smitten:

agreed to a point....but what about his last 20 for us,as opposed to the clubs last 20 ?

He's got 5 in his last 20.

Owen has that in his last 8.

I love to see them both play, but I can't understand the Oba-love, and the Owen-hate.

How many starts has he had in those games as opposed to Owen?

I'm not getting at Oba,  I'd just like to see Owen get a bit of "Englands Number one" and that, but the fans give him nowt.

To answer your question, Owen's got 5 in his last 720 minutes, Oba's taken 1320 minutes to get that.

Guest RowanB

tbh wasn't expecting anything from this game. as long as we beat Reading we'll be fine.

I'm not so sure. A win from this, and another win in the next couple of games and I'd say we'll be OK, but even then not 100% safe.

Are you mad? One point in any of our last games would probably have been fine! Can't believe the relegation battle hysteria.

Anyone care to hazard a guess at the negative spin Northern Monkey will put on this victory?

Harper - Made a few good saves, much better than Given 7

Beye - Missed a sitter 5

Faye - At fault for the goal and was pulled all over the place 3

Taylor - Some wankers on here will tell you he's shite but they don't go to games 9

Enrique - Looking better 5

Geremi - Shite 2

Butt - Worked hard 5

Barton - Useless, bring back Parker because he was my favourite 3

Owen - About time he found some form 6

Martins - Inconsistent with a shit first touch 4

Viduka - Fat useless tired idle bastard, fuck off back to Oz 1

Keegan - Most will think he's a World class manager but that's because they're pricks 3

Anyone care to hazard a guess at the negative spin Northern Monkey will put on this victory?

Beye - Missed a sitter 5

Taylor - Some wankers on here will tell you he's shite but they don't go to game 9

Geremi - Shite 2

Butt - Worked hard 5

Martins - Inconsistent with a shit first touch 4

Viduka - Fat useless tired idle bastard, fuck off back to Oz 1

Keegan - Most will think he's a World class manager but that's because they're pricks 3

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Milburnthedog

Tremendous performance and result. Now KK will look confidently at what needs to be done and push us onwards and upwards. Good times are coming, folks.

Beye - Missed a sitter 5

Taylor - Some wankers on here will tell you he's s**** but they don't go to games 9

Geremi - s**** 2

Butt - Worked hard 5

Martins - Inconsistent with a s*** first touch 4

Viduka - Fat useless tired idle b******, f*** off back to Oz 1

Criticism of Faye - Check

Rant about something nobodies said - Check

Overall negative assessment - Check

We have a winner.

Fucking excellent performance today. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed a game like that, we absolutely battered them second half. Much improved from Barton in particular, both the fullbacks were excellent defensively and I thought Owen put in a very classy performance.

"f****** YES"

Was shouted at work when i read thne result!

:D Really pleased and lol at tottenham!

everyday it seems like a little bit of arsenal leaves you and a little bit of byker takes its place.

Guest rebel_yell12

Again with the Owen v. Martins slant...give it a f***ing rest already.  The solution is easy -- love 'em both!  Different qualities, different players, similar scoring records -- exact same in the Premiership actually -- why the constant f***ing one or the other?  Keegan clearly expects to continue to play them both, and it appears to be working so...where's the problem?  Both seem happy enough of late to be at Newcastle United and both are working their socks off for the club.  

I'd love to see Owen getting the sort of loyalty and plaudits from the Newcastle fans that Martins does, I've never hidden that Owen is my favorite player and not just at Newcastle.  BUT it's only been since Keegan's arrival that he's really begun to earn that -- well, discounting his first half-season (7 goals in 10 matches, that was class).  I'm pleased to see the fans at Newcastle finally seeing what Owen can contribute to a side.  He's coming into his own it seems, and I'll only be disappointed if Owen continues to play as he has been and he's still getting slagged off.  That doesn't seem to be the trend though, so I'm not complaining.  Truth is, I've seen a lot of credit to Owen from Newcastle fans of late, especially for his adapting to the new role and still bagging three goals in three matches.  He's looking a good choice for captain as well.  But I've not seen much rampant "Owen-hate" lately, so I can't see why this whole Owen v. Martins thing has come up again.

It's not a competition.  Fans can like more than one player at a time.  Trust me, it's even possible to like more than one CLUB at a time for some of us.  And what a day it is for me...Liverpool wins the derby and Newcastle trounce a London club.  I've apologized in advance to my kidneys, I'm off now to enjoy myself.