Player of the Season

La Parka
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 2 months later...

Nicky Butt was absolutely f***ing garbage last season apart from those few games in the KK unbeaten run.

It seems that a couple of good tackles is a good disguise for his shit passing.

How any of the players that have a primary function as defending win any our Player Of The Year awards is beyond me.

My choice for player of the year would have been Beye so I guess I would go against that.

Nicky Butt was absolutely f***ing garbage last season apart from those few games in the KK unbeaten run.

It seems that a couple of good tackles is a good disguise for his shit passing.

The amount of games we were totally overrrun in midfield was embarrasing. He's too slow and his poor passing lets us down massively. Obviously he's not the only one, but player of the year?

Nicky Butts form changed when the formation did. So when we have 3 centre mids he's better at his job, than when we have two? Not good enough for me like.

Habib Beye was good from day one and there was nothing worse than hearing Paul Walsh say "Even that Beye is starting to look a good player" on soccer saturday. He had one or two shakey performances but apart from that he was excellent throughout.

I'd have him captain any day like.

Literally makes me angry seeing Nicky Butt as top of the pile there. It really is fucking deluded bollocks. It was like when nufc.tv did that feature where the players had to pick their top player, and everyone was saying Butt. He was utter trash for 90% of the season, but picked up a bit when the team started playing well. For someone who's at the heart of the team, winning tackles, spreading the play, protecting the back four, supplying attackers from deep - he did a fucking atrocious job for most of the season. We were conceding a lot of points because of individuals such as Alan Smith and Nicky Butt last season (i'd say Butt was second if there was a list).

Not only is it Butt's shitness that makes me angry that he won, but it is startingly obvious that Habib Beye was our classiest and best player last season.

:rant:  :angry:

Literally makes me angry seeing Nicky Butt as top of the pile there. It really is f***ing deluded bollocks. It was like when nufc.tv did that feature where the players had to pick their top player, and everyone was saying Butt. He was utter trash for 90% of the season, but picked up a bit when the team started playing well. For someone who's at the heart of the team, winning tackles, spreading the play, protecting the back four, supplying attackers from deep - he did a f***ing atrocious job for most of the season. We were conceding a lot of points because of individuals such as Alan Smith and Nicky Butt last season (i'd say Butt was second if there was a list).

Not only is it Butt's shitness that makes me angry that he won, but it is startingly obvious that Habib Beye was our classiest and best player last season.

:rant:  :angry:

agree that beye was the player of the season but your assessment of butts contribution is bollocks

Guest Spark

Butt player of the season? Despite being unable to pass a ball more than 5 yards? Fucking joke. How did he "run away with the vote"? Was Beye even included in the poll? I'm really annoyed by this for some reason. Makes me wonder what game some people must be watching.

Butt player of the season? Despite being unable to pass a ball more than 5 yards? f***ing joke. How did he "run away with the vote"? Was Beye even included in the poll? I'm really annoyed by this for some reason. Makes me wonder what game some people must be watching.

Someone has to ask.  WTF are you talking about?