Stoke give us 4 million if promoted

SUPERTOON

Guest teepee

i want the 4m just as much as the next man - but seriously if shola had come on monday night instead of that useless prick smith we'd have been much better off!

When Steve Harper does exactly the same thing it's called 'loyalty'.  :pow:

tbh harper has always been a valuble asset. if at any time harper's presence because a hinderance to us, like shola's is, and he turned down the chance to leave, do you really think we'd be defending him then? we've always known harper was a good keeper, and been perfectly happy for him to stay, even though he doesn't get a game, because of this, and if we sold him we'd need to get a replacement, who might cost more, and be worse than him. we'll need to replace shola, whether he goes or not, because he's s****.

Both have spent loads of time purely as back-up. The odd run of games here and there but never established as first choice. Harper may have cracked it this time however. They've both just stuck it out but Harper is praised for his loyalty but lets just see how much s*** Shola gets for, possibly, turning down a move.  :rolleyes:

Has Harper ever been the subject of actual bids we've accepted though or just papertalk bids?

We'll never be sure but I'm guessing a few bids have come in for him at one stage or another over the past 6 seasons or so.

Difference surely being that we've always been happy to have a guy like Harper knocking around in case of injury? I doubt he's on anything like excessive wages, and a reliable sub keeper is always handy to have around.

Shola on the other hand is clearly surplus to requirements. He's not seen as good enough, even in a back-up role, and we seem to really want rid of him, and have a chance to get great money for him while we're at it.

I'm not gonna crucify Shola for turning it down, don't see why he should have to live in a place that he doesn't like just to appease us, but I don't think his situation is that similiar to Harper's tbh.

Guest alex

i want the 4m just as much as the next man - but seriously if shola had come on monday night instead of that useless prick smith we'd have been much better off!

I've stuck up for Shola in the past because he gets awful stick at times but you have to be taking the piss. He's been a bit part player since he went to Stoke. You can argue he isn't fully fit but that backs up my argument even more imo.

tbh harper has always been a valuble asset. if at any time harper's presence because a hinderance to us, like shola's is, and he turned down the chance to leave, do you really think we'd be defending him then? we've always known harper was a good keeper, and been perfectly happy for him to stay, even though he doesn't get a game, because of this, and if we sold him we'd need to get a replacement, who might cost more, and be worse than him. we'll need to replace shola, whether he goes or not, because he's s****.

Both have spent loads of time purely as back-up. The odd run of games here and there but never established as first choice. Harper may have cracked it this time however. They've both just stuck it out but Harper is praised for his loyalty but lets just see how much s*** Shola gets for, possibly, turning down a move.  :rolleyes:

Has Harper ever been the subject of actual bids we've accepted though or just papertalk bids?

We'll never be sure but I'm guessing a few bids have come in for him at one stage or another over the past 6 seasons or so.

Difference surely being that we've always been happy to have a guy like Harper knocking around in case of injury? I doubt he's on anything like excessive wages, and a reliable sub keeper is always handy to have around.

Shola on the other hand is clearly surplus to requirements. He's not seen as good enough, even in a back-up role, and we seem to really want rid of him, and have a chance to get great money for him while we're at it.

I'm not gonna crucify Shola for turning it down, don't see why he should have to live in a place that he doesn't like just to appease us, but I don't think his situation is that similiar to Harper's tbh.

Fair enough I suppose. Harper is a much better keeper than Shola is a striker so in that respect he's more valuable.

The pair have both shown a chronic lack of ambition by not moving on though. One gets praised and the other gets panned.  ???

Never mind - I always thought this move would break down but I thought it would be Pulis coming to his senses not Shola being scared to move away.  :rolleyes:

Clever stuff on Stoke's part to scupper the deal. Don't play Shola when fit, tell him he won't figure next season, make it clear he can fuck right off, save yourselves £3m.  :pow:

Guest f***thepress

Christ whos Shola going to play for ...Fenham fc?....having said that i agree that he wouldve been better than Smith on monday...in fact could Shola in a 4 3 3 actually do better than if he was in a 4 4 2?

this is where FM meets reality.  On my game he wouldn't fuck off to Wolves when I transfer listed him, so I just kept fining him 4 weeks wages for no reason until he became so unhappy he went.  I propose this is what we do now.

Big fucking wimp.  Obviously doesn't give a toss about playing football, just getting money.  Because as long as he's here he won't/shouldn't get anywhere near the SJP pitch.

Christ whos Shola going to play for ...Fenham fc?....having said that i agree that he wouldve been better than Smith on monday...in fact could Shola in a 4 3 3 actually do better than if he was in a 4 4 2?

Don't you dare ...

Don't even let yourself believe it for one second. Pure fantasy.

Guest f***thepress

It wont happen , dont worry...Keegan needs to sign a name player in order to make a statement of intent (Crouch?)...cant see Shola being welcomed back unless half the team end up in the treatment room pre season...

this is where FM meets reality.  On my game he wouldn't f*** off to Wolves when I transfer listed him, so I just kept fining him 4 weeks wages for no reason until he became so unhappy he went.  I propose this is what we do now.

Big f****** wimp.  Obviously doesn't give a toss about playing football, just getting money.  Because as long as he's here he won't/shouldn't get anywhere near the SJP pitch.

Pretty harsh considring he's going to earn more money there than he's earning here..

But i can't understand him wanting to stay, he won't get games here, he should go a try and prove himself somewhere else..

I think Keegan should have word in Shola's ear, and say I have two words for you in regards to next season if you want to stay at Newcastle "tea boy", that should settle the matter.

Guest f***thepress

I think Keegan should have word in Shola's ear, and say I have two words for you in regards to next season if you want to stay at Newcastle "tea boy", that should settle the matter.

Tbf , he'd probably get injured doing that....

Guest optimistic nit

tbh harper has always been a valuble asset. if at any time harper's presence because a hinderance to us, like shola's is, and he turned down the chance to leave, do you really think we'd be defending him then? we've always known harper was a good keeper, and been perfectly happy for him to stay, even though he doesn't get a game, because of this, and if we sold him we'd need to get a replacement, who might cost more, and be worse than him. we'll need to replace shola, whether he goes or not, because he's shite.

Both have spent loads of time purely as back-up. The odd run of games here and there but never established as first choice. Harper may have cracked it this time however. They've both just stuck it out but Harper is praised for his loyalty but lets just see how much shit Shola gets for, possibly, turning down a move.  :rolleyes:

it doesn't matter what they've been doing. a football club can't afford to have 1 keeper, it needs two, so harper has always been valuble, and he's also a good keeper. if we sold harper, we'd need to bring in a replacement anyway.

contrast that with shola, he's shit, we will need 4 strikers other than him whether or not he stays. he's of no use to us.

i'm not panning him because he's got no ambition, but because he's more of a hindrance than a help. harper may have also showed lack of ambition, but that lack of ambition was useful too us. whereas i hope shola fucks off.

Useless fuking gutless bitch.

Fuk off Ameobi, the only good you can do this club is to bring in a decenty fee so we can buy someone who's an asset.

What a total tit.

Homesick? Fuking prick.

Useless fuking gutless bitch.

Fuk off Ameobi, the only good you can do this club is to bring in a decenty fee so we can buy someone who's an asset.

What a total tit.

Homesick? Fuking prick.

He's one of those people who just can't let go. Worst move ever to give him that 5 year deal.

• 2 weeks later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/7404647.stm

Someone havvin a giraffe ? Wouldn't be Shola would it ?

Stoke rule out 'new Drogba' move 

Pulis only wants to add better players to his squad (Getty)

Stoke boss Tony Pulis has decided not to make a move for an unnamed striker hailed as the new Didier Drogba.

Pulis was scouting in France as he prepares Stoke for their return to the top flight after 23 years away.

He told BBC Radio Stoke: "One player I went to watch was sold to me as the next Drogba, but he was no better than what we've already got.

"He would've cost the club a lot of money, so it's important we sift through what people are giving us."

Pulis will be given funds to spend by chairman Peter Coates, but he will not be signing anyone who he feels will not be able to perform in the Premier League.

He does have targets he would like to bring to the Britannia Stadium before the start of the season in August.

"It's not a shopping list, it's a basis of working on what we can afford, in respect of getting the money that I think we need to push the club on, and to enable us to establish ourselves as a Premier League club."