Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Nice to see ZiZou's still the world record transfer though. Much better player than Kaka ever will be.

Much better than most really. But it's a bit of a discredit to Kaka as on his day he's absolutely brilliant. Shame the last few seasons he hasn't really hit those heights he had previously. Although then again I really have a dislike for Real Madrid so I hope he doesn't really do anything of note.

Kaka's superb, but I think Zidane is the best player I've seen. Never saw enough of Ronaldo at his peak to be able to say whether he was any better or worse.

Trust me. No matter how good Zidane was, Ronaldo was better.

To each is own, but I disagree. Zidane at his prime was a better footballer than Ronaldo at his prime. Both absolutely mind-fuckingly amazing, but Zidane edges it for me.

How old are you?  ???

21, so yeah, possibly a bit too young to really have an opinion, but I've seen quite a bit of both players on video after as well.

Like madras says though, they obviously are different players. The fact that I'd prefer Zidane may very well be because he is more "my" type of player.

I never loved Zidane for some reason. I don't know why.

I'm much more of an effective striker kinda guy. Ronaldo ftw.

No wonder you don't like me.

Nice to see ZiZou's still the world record transfer though. Much better player than Kaka ever will be.

Much better than most really. But it's a bit of a discredit to Kaka as on his day he's absolutely brilliant. Shame the last few seasons he hasn't really hit those heights he had previously. Although then again I really have a dislike for Real Madrid so I hope he doesn't really do anything of note.

Kaka's superb, but I think Zidane is the best player I've seen. Never saw enough of Ronaldo at his peak to be able to say whether he was any better or worse.

I love how the mere suggestion that Ronaldo may not have been better than someone whose played since will inevitably bring some sort of response from you. :lol:

:lol: People just need reminding how good he was for that brief period man. I've seen nothing like it.

I love how the mere suggestion that Ronaldo may not have been better than someone whose played since will inevitably bring some sort of response from you. :lol:

:lol: People just need reminding how good he was for that brief period man. I've seen nothing like it.

aye, when he was @ barcelona he was phenomenal - power, pace, strength, skill. he had the complete package. he scored something like 34 goals in 37 games in la liga iirc. no one has scored as many goals in la liga in one season since

Ronaldo and Zidane were both geniuses in their own ways.

It was electric to watch Ronaldo in his prime, he just had no respect for defenders and took them apart with ease. But then Zidane had the best touch and awareness of anyone I've seen play, he always seemed to make the right decisions and never gave the ball away.

Both amazing players, privileged to see them.

It was electric to watch Ronaldo in his prime, he just had no respect for defenders and took them apart with ease. But then Zidane had the best touch and awareness of anyone I've seen play, he always seemed to make the right decisions and never gave the ball away.

Neither had fuk all on Alan Smith.

Neither had fuk all on Alan Smith.

http://www.laroma24.it/IMG/Alan%20smith-Arsenal.jpg

smith: 'and i'd have got more england caps if it wasn't for that meddling gary lineker'  ;D

Not a transfer as such, but Luiz Felipe Scolari has became manager of some team called Bunyodkor from Uzbekistan.  Quite random..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8091953.stm

:dowie:

Same team Barcelona take blood money off while wearing Unicef on their shirts

explain please

Bunyodkor are owned by the Uzbek government

The Uzbek government are brutal and tyrannical, widespread human rights abuses, been condemned by Amnesty International etc

Barca accept millions from Bunyodkor to go over there doing publicity stunts for them, high-profile friendly match etc

Not a transfer as such, but Luiz Felipe Scolari has became manager of some team called Bunyodkor from Uzbekistan.  Quite random..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8091953.stm

:dowie:

Same team Barcelona take blood money off while wearing Unicef on their shirts

explain please

Bunyodkor are owned by the Uzbek government

The Uzbek government are brutal and tyrannical, widespread human rights abuses, been condemned by Amnesty International etc

Barca accept millions from Bunyodkor to go over there doing publicity stunts for them, high-profile friendly match etc

So what you are suggesting is that Joan Laporta is the real Harvey "Two Face" Dent?

..and it starts again.

Valdano in Ronaldo claim

Real Madrid general director Jorge Valdano has revealed that the club are in discussions to sign Cristiano Ronaldo.

Just days after securing the services of Kaka for £59million Real are ready to break the bank again to bring the Manchester United winger to the Bernabeu.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5372803,00.html

So basically they'd like their attack to look like this next season..

Villa  v. Nistelrooy

Robben  Gago  Kaka  Ronaldo

Scary thought.

I keep being in 2 states of mind regarding Madrid. Can Kaka, Ronaldo as well as whoever else they play, play successfully in the same side? Those 2 players both need large degrees of freedom to perform effectively.

..and it starts again.

Valdano in Ronaldo claim

Real Madrid general director Jorge Valdano has revealed that the club are in discussions to sign Cristiano Ronaldo.

Just days after securing the services of Kaka for £59million Real are ready to break the bank again to bring the Manchester United winger to the Bernabeu.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5372803,00.html

So basically they'd like their attack to look like this next season..

Villa  v. Nistelrooy

Robben  Gago  Kaka  Ronaldo

Scary thought.

Is Gago actually any good? Everytime I see Real play (which isn't very often, just the champ league games and the El Clasico matches) he is absolutely useless.

Diarra will be the player that gives freedom to the likes of Ronaldo and Kaka, he's played basically every game since signing for them and has been their standout player, along with Higuian. Shades of Makelele already.

Diarra will be the player that gives freedom to the likes of Ronaldo and Kaka, he's played basically every game since signing for them and has been their standout player, along with Higuian. Shades of Makelele already.

I assume you`re talking about Lassana Diarra. I think a lot of people have forgot about the other Diarra (as he`s been injured) who is just as good, if not better. Talk about a nice set of alternatives in place for injuries

M Diarra is a more consistent player.  L Diarra, though more speculative, sometimes commits silly mistakes.

Anyway both players are excellent cover for those stars upfront.  Real Madrid don't need to sign any players here --- just kick away Gago.

Would have Sneijder over Robben. Never rated Robben, very quick but sometimes too quick meaning he loses control of the ball often and doesn't know what to do when he gets into the final third.

That is a fucking scary team though.

This is Real Madrid though so it will be like this.

-----------------Villa

Robben-------Kaka-------Ronaldo

--------M.Diarra--L.Diarra

Babayaro Cacapa Ramage Carr

-----------Casillas

This is Real Madrid though so it will be like this.

-----------------Villa

Robben-------Kaka-------Ronaldo

--------M.Diarra--L.Diarra

Babayaro Cacapa Ramage Carr

-----------Casillas

:lol: That's a bit harsh on their defense.