Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

That's why it's such a silly signing if they are going to accommodate him in the starting line-up.

Huddlestone-Modric

Lennon       -VdV-            Bale

Crouch

I like, i like.

It just smacks of when they put all that cheap s*** near the cash register at supermarkets and you end up buying some crap you don't need just because it's cheap.

VdV shone for Madrid last season on the left of a diamond formation, fwiw. But I guess Bale owns that side.

Sandro, Huddlestone, Palacios for the DM

Lennon, Modric, Kranjcar for the RM

Bale, Modric, Kranjcar, VDV for the LM

Modric, Kranjcar,VDV for the CAM

Hell thats what I call depth

as usual though with spurs i see a lack of anyone stopping them getting bullied out of games. that even includes their back line.

It just smacks of when they put all that cheap s*** near the cash register at supermarkets and you end up buying some crap you don't need just because it's cheap.

VdV shone for Madrid last season on the left of a diamond formation, fwiw. But I guess Bale owns that side.

Redknapp must be intending to use VDV in the way he was going to use Joe Cole, which isn't really an answer as no one could really see how he would fit in either.  The good thing is that VDV is a significant upgrade on Cole and cost what Cole wanted as a signing on fee. 

Redknapp says he sees Bale as the best attacking LB in the world within 2 years so moving him to LB seems likely even though he is nowhere near being the best defensive LB.  The head scout says that he expects Sandro to be the 1st choice defensive MF  by the end of the season.  He'll still have to settle into a completely new culture in a different country so that may be tough for him, but regular call ups to the Brazil squad suggests more ability than Palacios getting called up for Honduras.

Redknapp must be intending to use VDV in the way he was going to use Joe Cole, which isn't really an answer as no one could really see how he would fit in either.  The good thing is that VDV is a significant upgrade on Cole and cost what Cole wanted as a signing on fee. 

Redknapp says he sees Bale as the best attacking LB in the world within 2 years so moving him to LB seems likely even though he is nowhere near being the best defensive LB.  The head scout says that he expects Sandro to be the 1st choice defensive MF  by the end of the season.  He'll still have to settle into a completely new culture in a different country so that may be tough for him, but regular call ups to the Brazil squad suggests more ability than Palacios getting called up for Honduras.

Yep, he's obviously a lot better than Essien too as he can only get a call up for Ghana.

Palacios can't get called up by Brazil though ;)

Palacios can't get called up by Brazil though ;)

But Sandro can, and is, being called up by Brazil though.  Whether he'll be first choice ahead of Palacios this season I somehow doubt.  Having said that, I've only seen Sandro play on the net at 2 on the morning!

:facepalm:

Fucking hell, it's the same as being only able to beat what's in front of you.

Diego Forlán must be crap like, only getting callups for Uruguay instead of Brazil or Argentina.

One could argue Uruguay are better than both though.

I don't think so. The WC was an outlier.

I know, was just being a pedant.

To your other question...

Ryan Giggs, George Weah and arguably Shevchenko would be the 3 that would spring to mind from recent years.

I reckon Rooney is probably good enough to play for Brazil, surprised he hasn't been called up yet. They could probably get him for a decent fee as well.

The transfer window slammed shut yesterday though, you daft bastard.