Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest ObaStar

"decent player, and was used as a hard tack-ling type midfielder, and he could be your future replace ment for carsley, and he can grab the odd goal or two."

This has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard. He hasn't scored in like 3 years while being played as a striker. hahahahaha

Shittu signs for Bolton.

again, bolton are going to struggle badly next season, a team full of championship or overrated players

They will be bottom half by the end of the season, but I don't think they will ever be in a relegationfight. They have an unbelievable physical squad now, and I think they will cause some upsets this season with their style of play. Shittu seems like a player who would compliment talented Cahill. Good business for Bolton I reckon.

Century radio reporting Everton are after Alan Smith!!!!! for £3 million :cheesy:

Please, please, please let it be true.

'He would make a squad player, if he was rubbish, utd wouldnt of brought him. As for a bad season at Newcastle? tell me a player that did have a good season apart from Milner. Even owen was not as good as he should of been. If the price is right, i would take him. He would also have to work hard here, which as we can see by last season, no one has had to at newcastle.'

'If he was any good United wouldn't have sold him. Ask yourself why Newcastle are willing to let him go for half of what they paid for him just last year , surely they need good players more than what we do . He is on £60k a year at Newcastle and so thats a lot of dough to pay someone who you say will be a good squad player. Football is all about opinions and you seem to like Alan Smith. However I do not and think that of we have any aspirations to improve our squad , then we shouldn't be buying cast-offs from a team like Newcastle'

'Newcastle played some of the most absurd formations last season. 3 strikers in Owen, Martins & Viduka, then 3 holding, defensive midfielders in Barton, Geremi & Butt. What was Smith supposed to be doing? - he was meant to be a playmaker/winger all of a sudden?!... Here's a quote from Sir Alex Ferguson about him playing the deep-midfield role ;

Quote: "Roy sees characteristics in Alan that he saw in himself as a young player, which could help Alan develop into a very good player in that position."

Now, if Roy Keane, Sir Alex and now Moyes think he's truly got what it takes - who does anyone think they are to argue?.'

'decent player, and was used as a hard tack-ling type midfielder, and he could be your future replace ment for carsley, and he can grab the odd goal or two. you might not think that he is all that, but for everton he would be a good buy, and even a bargain! and like some said, you also need the numbers aswell, and you could infact do alot worse with the likes ong f fernandes (in-consistant) and moutinho (un-proven). all 3 are good players, but atleats you know smith can handle the PL!'

EFC opinions.

Whoever the lad arguing for Smith is, get him a f***ing medal!

http://www.evertonfc.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

I wonder if other fans think Milner is our best player :lol:.

Milner and Taylor.

It is always interesting looking at other forums because you soon find that the general perception of how well a team is playing or who the best players are, are totally at odds with those of a club's own supporters.

Re Dr Spectrum, I searched on mancityfans.net (I know he used to post there) for mentions of him, and they have noticed his absence too.

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26876&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=spectrum

I hope he's alright.

HIs profile there shows his last visit as 13th March.

Perhaps he disappeared up his own arse the way he was acting after a few bright months under Sven.

Have to admit, that was my gut feeling as well. :laugh:

Guest elpapi

i'm a bit confused here. Man City are selling one of their better players (ie corluka) to a 'rival' (spurs) after his first season (which was pretty good, being played everywhere in defence and midfield) for £6.8m while they bought him when he was 'fairly' unknown for £8m, considering he has just had a decent Euro 2008 and is a regular player for his international team. (sorry for the long sentence  :razz:)

Some questions:

a) Who the hell is negotiating for Man City?

b) Why is no other club in for Corluka at this price?

c) If they are really skint, why is no-one in for their other decent players (elano, petrov, johnson, richards, dunne)

d) Has Dunne renewed his contract already? If Corluka jumps ship, maybe others might follow...

Anyone with a decent idea? :knuppel2:

Yessss. The Kikby stadium has been called in for scrutiny by the government meaning it's now effectively dead in the water.

:D

We could buy Alan Smith for £10m now and it would still be a good summer for the club.

btw, please don't look at the forum on our official site. It's full of absolute mongs.

Yessss. The Kikby stadium has been called in for scrutiny by the government meaning it's now effectively dead in the water.

:D

We could buy Alan Smith for £10m now and it would still be a good summer for the club.

btw, please don't look at the forum on our official site. It's full of absolute mongs.

Maybe you should. Then we'd both have had good summers, and everyone would be a winner!

http://www.evertonfc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59122&sid=a4a6d7128237172565a39a6df16d16d4

EvertonJohny: for 3m that's a bargain, he (Smith) would suit our style of play so much. The partnership of Smith & Viduka was extrodinary with Kewell on the wings and Bakke in the center, that would be like

Smith & Yakubu

Arteta on the wings

Need someone for bakkes boots.

He didn't score any 1. because he didn't play striker, 2 because his team is s***

fat_lass:I never said I'd sign him did I?

But I do like the fella. I think he'd work his socks off for us. I like to see a grafter and that's exactly what he is.

Someone below mentioned £1.5 million. We'd be daft not too.

Nah, I don't want Fletcher. I'd have Smith tho.

So Fletcher is up for £1.5 million? Not Smith?

Smith is £3 million? I'd still have him.

Tremendous comments !@!@!@!@! I thought he was the worst (most disappointing) player last season for us T_T

Re Dr Spectrum, I searched on mancityfans.net (I know he used to post there) for mentions of him, and they have noticed his absence too.

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26876&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=spectrum

I hope he's alright.

HIs profile there shows his last visit as 13th March.

Perhaps he disappeared up his own arse the way he was acting after a few bright months under Sven.

Have to admit, that was my gut feeling as well. :laugh:

13th March is same day he dissappeared from here too :(

I do.

Seriously, if i could have any of your players, it'd be him.

Although, who have you got at RB these days, and is he better than the last shite defender we had off you?

I do.

Although, who have you got at RB these days, and is he better than the last shite defender we had off you?

Keep your hands off King Habib. :dave:

I do.

Although, who have you got at RB these days, and is he better than the last s**** defender we had off you?

Habib Beye and yes just a little.

The transfer market is shit this summer.

Villa, Newcastle, Everton - done next to nothing.

West Ham - no money

Liverpool - spent all their money, scraping round the back of the sofa to buy Barry

Man U - Berbatov probably, but Ronaldo not moving therefore no kick start to market as a whole

Arsenal - not spending, not selling Adebayour so even less likely to spend

The only clubs who've done well are Portsmouth and Spurs. I reckon they'll finish 5th and 6th as things stand at the moment.

The transfer market is shit this summer.

Villa, Newcastle, Everton - done next to nothing.

West Ham - no money

Liverpool - spent all their money, scraping round the back of the sofa to buy Barry

Man U - Berbatov probably, but Ronaldo not moving therefore no kick start to market as a whole

Arsenal - not spending, not selling Adebayour so even less likely to spend

The only clubs who've done well are Portsmouth and Spurs. I reckon they'll finish 5th and 6th as things stand at the moment.

Shurrup man, everyone is signing players left right and centre and we're the only ones who've done nothing yet. Apart from the three. And the other on the way.

Portsmouth done well?

Yes, Crouch will work very well with Defoe. Redknapp is a twitchy faced cunt, but there's no getting away from the fact that over a relatively short amount of time, he's put together a pretty impressive squad.

They'll do well. And we need to remember, we're talking about Portsmouth here, an unfashionable nothing club until recently.