Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Why do Chelsea loan out their unwanted strikers rather than sell them? They also seem to loan them out until the end of their contracts. They loaned Crespo out to Internazionale and A.C. Milan. They are now looking to loan Shevchenko to A.C. Milan. Surely those top Italian clubs have the money to buy these players.

Claudio Pizarro has recently joined Werder Bremen on loan. I bet he never plays for Chelsea again. I know Abramovich doesn't need the money but it doesn't make sense to me that they always seem to loan their players to the richer clubs until the players contract is up.

Why do Chelsea loan out their unwanted strikers rather than sell them? They also seem to loan them out until the end of their contracts. They loaned Crespo out to Internazionale and A.C. Milan. They are now looking to loan Shevchenko to A.C. Milan. Surely those top Italian clubs have the money to buy these players.

Claudio Pizarro has recently joined Werder Bremen on loan. I bet he never plays for Chelsea again. I know Abramovich doesn't need the money but it doesn't make sense to me that they always seem to loan their players to the richer clubs until the players contract is up.

No fucker else can afford the ridiculous wages they're on.

Milan being linked with Senderos.

what happened to milan?

Didn't qualify for the CL,  they still got Ronaldinho and Flamini though.

Suprising if true, normally have to be at least 70 to get a game in Milan's defence.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The whole package of the transfer fee and wages from Chelsea is always expensive. Chelsea dont need the capital, they are more concerned with the wage bill, even though it is grossly overbudget already

Guest sicko2ndbest

Spanish sport daily Marca has reported today that City have made a €12.5million (£10m) bid for Diego Milito.

Whilst that piece of information may well have been gleaned from the British press, there is enough within the article to suggest that a move is a real possibility.

I've linked to the original (in Spanish), but stick by my policy of quoting neither my very approximate translation nor the gibberish you get from Yahoo Babel Fish translator. But this seems to be the main points.

Real Zaragoza are desperate to sell. The manager Marcelino wants to have at least four more signings by the close of the transfer window.

They will have to get rid of some forwards. As well as Milito, they have Ricardo Oliveira, Sergio Garcia, Braulio and Ewerthon. And they have just signed Arizmendi from Valencia. These players are competing for two or three positions. So Milito and Sergio Garcia are likely to be sold.

City's bid comes close to their estimation of €15million (£12m). Zaragoza's biggest shareholder, Agapito Iglesias, promised Milito that he would be sold this summer. And they will not be able to afford his wages next year: €3million/year, or roughly £46,000/week.

I simply have no idea whether this is new information Marca have got, or whether it's been cobbled together from what they've read in the English press about a £10m bid and what they already knew about the situation at Zaragoza. It is interesting to contrast it with a piece in Diario AS six weeks ago. This stated that City were interested, but would have to offer €18m (£14.4m) to buy Milito. A bid of €12m (£9.6m) was already in (from Napoli), which was insufficient.

£10 million on a 29 year old striker who has never played in the premier league and who might not adjust to it at all.

Poor business.

£30 million on Shevchenko rings a bell. Wasnt he 29 aswell when he joined Chelsea?

Milito will probably be the same. At least its £20 million cheaper like  :razz:

Spanish sport daily Marca has reported today that City have made a €12.5million (£10m) bid for Diego Milito.

Whilst that piece of information may well have been gleaned from the British press, there is enough within the article to suggest that a move is a real possibility.

I've linked to the original (in Spanish), but stick by my policy of quoting neither my very approximate translation nor the gibberish you get from Yahoo Babel Fish translator. But this seems to be the main points.

Real Zaragoza are desperate to sell. The manager Marcelino wants to have at least four more signings by the close of the transfer window.

They will have to get rid of some forwards. As well as Milito, they have Ricardo Oliveira, Sergio Garcia, Braulio and Ewerthon. And they have just signed Arizmendi from Valencia. These players are competing for two or three positions. So Milito and Sergio Garcia are likely to be sold.

City's bid comes close to their estimation of €15million (£12m). Zaragoza's biggest shareholder, Agapito Iglesias, promised Milito that he would be sold this summer. And they will not be able to afford his wages next year: €3million/year, or roughly £46,000/week.

I simply have no idea whether this is new information Marca have got, or whether it's been cobbled together from what they've read in the English press about a £10m bid and what they already knew about the situation at Zaragoza. It is interesting to contrast it with a piece in Diario AS six weeks ago. This stated that City were interested, but would have to offer €18m (£14.4m) to buy Milito. A bid of €12m (£9.6m) was already in (from Napoli), which was insufficient.

They are so skint.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7559701.stm

Robinho told Spanish news agency EFE: "I want to leave. I've told the president, the directors and the coach. I want to play in the Premier League.

"Chelsea have a great squad, a great team and their offer is good for me and for the team."

"I'm telling the truth. I want to leave and I have got the character to tell the press that I'm not aiming to stay at Real.

"It isn't because of money, it is simply because I want to leave. My personal aim is to be the best player in the world and that isn't going to be possible at Real Madrid.

"I've played three seasons at Real Madrid and have given everything.

"I think my period at Real Madrid has come to an end. I hope the directors reach an agreement with Chelsea to resolve my situation as quickly as possible."

Robinho told Spanish news agency EFE: "I want to leave. I've told the president, the directors and the coach. I want to play in the Premier League.

"Chelsea have a great squad, a great team and their offer is good for me and for the team."

"I'm telling the truth. I want to leave and I have got the character to tell the press that I'm not aiming to stay at Real.

"It isn't because of money, it is simply because I want to leave. My personal aim is to be the best player in the world and that isn't going to be possible at Real Madrid.

"I think my period at Real Madrid has come to an end. I hope the directors reach an agreement with Chelsea to resolve my situation as quickly as possible."

I'd prefer a player does this than fanny about like Ronaldo.

Reckon Robinho would be fantastic in the premiership.

I'd prefer a player does this than fanny about like Ronaldo.

Reckon Robinho would be fantastic in the premiership.

judging by the comments on the Saviola thread many people on this board would probably not want Robinho as he would be `too lightweight` for the premiership  :rolleyes: