Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Harry Redknapp quotes for you, then: "It (The Rafael van der Vaart  deal) is still dragging on. We have been trying to do something but we are waiting to see if it has all gone through and we are hoping it has. It's something to do with clearance. I think he was going to Bayern Munich yesterday for £18m and suddenly he became much cheaper. They let me know around 1600 BST that he was available for £8m and for that money he is a top player who will definitely improve us. The fee has come crashing down because the deadline is so close. He's a great passer of the ball, he's a top footballer, he will join in here and be a big plus for us. We were also interested in Ryan Babel, he was a player we made an enquiry about but it never came close."

I can never work out whether quotes like this from redknapp are bollocks or not.

When I saw Harry Redknapp in his car at about 3pm saying "very unlikely we'll do anything, maybe a few kids out on loan" I was ready to put my life savings on him making at least one big signing.

Guest kingdawson

So Redknapp the only manager in England allowed to sign players after the deadline?

:lol:

Much like Arsenal getting special dispensation from the FA and signing Arshavin a whole day after the window you mean?

VDV is top quality, happy to see him off Real Madrid since I always liked him as a footballer.

Casuals always trot out this nonsense, the VDV you're thinking of was way back in 2006. He isn't same player anymore.

Harry Redknapp quotes for you, then: "It (The Rafael van der Vaart  deal) is still dragging on. We have been trying to do something but we are waiting to see if it has all gone through and we are hoping it has. It's something to do with clearance. I think he was going to Bayern Munich yesterday for £18m and suddenly he became much cheaper. They let me know around 1600 BST that he was available for £8m and for that money he is a top player who will definitely improve us. The fee has come crashing down because the deadline is so close. He's a great passer of the ball, he's a top footballer, he will join in here and be a big plus for us. We were also interested in Ryan Babel, he was a player we made an enquiry about but it never came close."

Bayern probs didn't like what they saw at the medical. He's had a fair few inj over the last 2/3 years.

Casuals always trot out this nonsense, the VDV you're thinking of was way back in 2006. He isn't same player anymore.

how so?

He did his ankle ligaments here at Hsv and that is a bad one for a midfielder. Played about 70 games in a 120 in 3 years here. Hasn't been quite the same since and couldn't get into Pellegrini's Real side most of 2009. Still a good midfielder but for me has lost that wow factor he had a few years ago. Needs others to work for him in midfield. Still a great passer.

I can never work out whether quotes like this from redknapp are bollocks or not.

A fee coming down from £18m to £8m because of the transfer window? I don't think so.

I wonder if there's a medical problem which caused Bayern to pull out, and which is holding up the decision with Spurs.

A fee coming down from £18m to £8m because of the transfer window? I don't think so.

I wonder if there's a medical problem which caused Bayern to pull out, and which is holding up the decision with Spurs.

See above.

Stupid signing by Arry Redknaaap. They should of signed a striker, VDV is no better than Modric and constantly injured or out of form.

Yup.

Didn't he try and get the Dutch striker - Crouch with a Dutch name?  bluerazz.gif

See above.

Thanks for that. We posted at the same time. Bit silly of Dirty Harry to come out with a misleading story. He'd be better off saying nothing.

I'd agree that it's a puzzle that he wanted another midfield player in. That's an area of strength for Spurs, I'd say.

See above.

Thanks for that. We posted at the same time. Bit silly of Dirty Harry to come out with a misleading story. He'd be better off saying nothing.

I'd agree that it's a puzzle that he wanted another midfield player in. That's an area of strength for Spurs, I'd say.

He can't help himself, it's how he bankcrupts these clubs, huge squads, many wages.