Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Didn't realise it was posted on the other page.

He seems to be a polarizing figure; many are glad to see the back of him whilst criticizing his work-rate amongst other things (which is frankly ridiculous in my view), others (myself included) would have liked him to stay on.

You'll almost surely be on the scramble for a new striker in the summer, now?

Sturridge and Elmander surely gone, Davies another year older etc

goalkeepers are vastly undervalued, considering how important they are.

The difference between a good and great striker or CM probably impacts more on league postion that the same variable in goalkeeping. Just an opinion. I was a keeper for 10 years, btw, so i've nowt against the position.

Very true. But that also implies keepers can be replaced with more ease.

Keepers peak a lot later, too, of course. VDS wasn't particularly great 10 years ago - at 31. Look at him now.

I honestly don't think any position is more valuable than the next. Maybe strikers, when you see how badly teams without an adequate goalscorer can struggle.

Like when people saying Enrique doesn't deserve big wages because he's 'just a left back'. What a ridiculous argument.

Not true. Different positions do have different values.

Say, coma pre man u n Newcastle

How much better newcastle would be if we have Rooney, chicarito instead of ameobi, lovekrand ?

How much greater would Newcastle be if we have nani, Valencia instead of spiderman, Barton ?

How much greater would Newcastle be if we have evra, Rafael instead of Enrique, simpson ?

How much greater would Newcastle be if we have vds instead of Harper ?

Very very good keepers, Schmiechel or pre injury Cech level, and very bad ones make a difference, the bad ones especially in making the rest of the defence nervey. I don't think the difference between good and very good is so important.

After strikers, I would say a dependable out-ball is makes the biggest difference. Someone who's always coming close or making space and happy to receive it. CM is the normal one, but back to the goal striker would do too.

Denilson want's to leave Arsenal, possibly to play in Italy or Spain. Says he want's to leave because he hasn't won anything with Arsenal. But he is any good though? Haven't seen him play in months. Bassong also wants to leave Spurs because he's not playing. Finally Tevez wants to leave Man City and go back to Boca Juniors, doubt that will happen!

Altintop in particular seems an utterly pointless signing.

Someone to hoy on with 20 minutes left if they're 1-0 up.

In what sense though?

They already have big squad depth, I don't see how this signing helps. Sahin I can understand especially if Kaka is going, but this one..

Sahin I can see, since they don't have that much creative centremids and he's a promising player at a relatively low price and they'll end up saving money if they offload Kaká. Altintop looks pretty pointless as, as you say, their squad depth is big and I don't see the need for an average utility player. Fullback is the only place where I can see they lack some depth.

They are also rumored to take on Adebayor on a permanent basis (after first passing on the option) if ManCity and the player agree to lower fee/wages.

Is he a defensive mid?

He's shut mate I dunno what he is, he can't pass, can't tackle and has no passion what so ever! Exactly what is wrong with some of the players at the moment, there was a rumour that Bayern!! wanted him but he's shite would struggle to get in any team in the league IMO.