Steven Taylor

Tooj

Put in a tremendous shift today, but why was he still bombing on in the 88th minute? Surely by then you sit back and make sure we don't lose the game? Butt or someone should have told him to stay back.

Read above, fucking loves it does Steven :lol:

Guest palnese

Every time one of our most frequent liabilities has a good game it's all "you lot should be f***ing ashamed of yourself for laying into him". Makes me laugh, what bollocks.

On the whole, Taylor's been pretty s**** this season. But i thought he had a good game today, no more, no less.

You really do hate him, don't you?

Every time one of our most frequent liabilities has a good game it's all "you lot should be f***ing ashamed of yourself for laying into him". Makes me laugh, what bollocks.

On the whole, Taylor's been pretty s**** this season. But i thought he had a good game today, no more, no less.

Oh mate, you've no idea. Inconsolable rage every time he pulls on the black and white from me, like.

Guest palnese

Oh mate, you've no idea. Inconsolable rage every time he pulls on the black and white from me, like.

Worse than Ameobi?

Worse than Ameobi?

Worse than Hitler, man.

Guest palnese

Worse than Ameobi?

Worse than Hitler, man.

ohh :)

MUCH better right back than he is a centre back.

Because he can (mostly) get away with the errors.

Played well today but let's not go overboard.

Dear oh dear.  That's canny pathetic really.

He's done well at right back.

Why is it pathetic? I acknowleged he played well today, it's right there in the post you quoted.

Why is it pathetic?

It just reads like like begrudging praise.  Are you suggesting playing at fullback is a cop out & an easier position?  That's how it reads, that's all.

I'd say full back is an awful lot more demanding position & he's the only one of our centre halves who adapts well to playing there.  He's done well there & should be praised for it in exactly the same way he's criticised for playing poorly (which he has at centre half)

Why is it pathetic?

It just reads like like begrudging praise.  Are you suggesting playing at fullback is a cop out & an easier position?  That's how it reads, that's all.

I'd say full back is an awful lot more demanding position & he's the only one of our centre halves who adapts well to playing there.  He's done well there & should be praised for it in exactly the same way he's criticised for playing poorly (which he has at centre half)

It's begrudging praise because I still don't rate him generally. He was clearly one of our best players today though and has covered well for us there.

He still made a couple of stupid errors today and if he'd made them in the centre he'd have been punished much more, possibly by a goal being scored and/or him being sent off. All I'm saying is that his usual rash play is far more 'acceptable' out wide.

Why is it pathetic?

It's begrudging praise because I still don't rate him generally. He was clearly one of our best players today though and has covered well for us there.

He still made a couple of stupid errors today and if he'd made them in the centre he'd have been punished much more, possibly by a goal being scored and/or him being sent off. All I'm saying is that his usual rash play is far more 'acceptable' out wide.

Fair enough, I agree with your first paragraph. :thup:

To paraphrase you though for your second though, none of it happened so it doesn't matter.

Praise shouldn't be begrudging though.

Guest Howaythetoon

did well today but didn't have a lot to deal with defensively.

He had more to deal with defensively at either end if you include having a defender trying to get the ball of you/stop your advances as defending too which I do than either of Bassong or Colo had to contend with which was mostly pressing, clearing and getting tight to the ineffective, seriously weak Jo - Everton's very own Ameobi for the day. In his own defensive area Taylor made several key blocks from crosses and kept Baines at bay throughout by checking his runs and pushing him back with his own forward runs. When Fellaini came on Taylor was also tasked with competing with him in the air which he did to good effect. I also recall Taylor clearing 3 vital balls with his head, once stooping very low and nearly getting a boot to the face, inside the box assuming the role of centre-back. Where Bassong or Colo were I do not know, well I do with the latter, he was at left-back covering Enrique for some absurd reason which he does a lot - goes on these needless walkabouts that threaten our shape and leave holes in the box meaning someone has to fill in which if they do leaves holes elsewhere. Taylor was constantly brought over to the touchline when the ball was out of play for instruction which indicated at least tactically he had a big part to play today at both ends. Which he did and did well. He's not a better right-back than Beye and never will be but going forward he gives us something that Beye doesn't give us and as someone who personally believes that attack is the best form of defence, in that sense I'd rather see Taylor at RB than Beye which I'll get shot down for but there you go. Regarding Beye I'd put him in alongside Bassong and remove the just as likely liability as Taylor at CB that is Colo who for me is proving to be a bit of a flop.

He had more to deal with defensively at either end if you include having a defender trying to get the ball of you/stop your advances as defending too which I do than either of Bassong or Colo had to contend with which was mostly pressing, clearing and getting tight to the ineffective, seriously weak Jo - Everton's very own Ameobi for the day. In his own defensive area Taylor made several key blocks from crosses and kept Baines at bay throughout by checking his runs and pushing him back with his own forward runs. When Fellaini came on Taylor was also tasked with competing with him in the air which he did to good effect. I also recall Taylor clearing 3 vital balls with his head, once stooping very low and nearly getting a boot to the face, inside the box assuming the role of centre-back. Where Bassong or Colo were I do not know, well I do with the latter, he was at left-back covering Enrique for some absurd reason which he does a lot - goes on these needless walkabouts that threaten our shape and leave holes in the box meaning someone has to fill in which if they do leaves holes elsewhere. Taylor was constantly brought over to the touchline when the ball was out of play for instruction which indicated at least tactically he had a big part to play today at both ends. Which he did and did well. He's not a better right-back than Beye and never will be but going forward he gives us something that Beye doesn't give us and as someone who personally believes that attack is the best form of defence, in that sense I'd rather see Taylor at RB than Beye which I'll get shot down for but there you go. Regarding Beye I'd put him in alongside Bassong and remove the just as likely liability as Taylor at CB that is Colo who for me is proving to be a bit of a flop.

Agree with the majority of that. :thup:

squint, and this post looks like a brick wall with graffiti

Colo already seems to be one of the those defenders who'll never get the praise he deserves, very sad

Colo already seems to be one of the those defenders who'll never get the praise he deserves, very sad

True, we seem to jump on players who aren't instant world beaters. Other teams seem to have players that after a shaky first season turn out to be good, whereas we never seem to allow the player to get to that stage.

Coloccini hasn't been as bad as people seem to make out.

Why is it pathetic?

Agree - if he wasn't a naturalized Geordie, he would get loads more stick.

Colo looks great one match and extremely vulnerable the next. He's a decent player but not playing like a £10million man and is generally outshone by Bassong most games.

True, we seem to jump on players who aren't instant world beaters. Other teams seem to have players that after a shaky first season turn out to be good, whereas we never seem to allow the player to get to that stage.

Coloccini hasn't been as bad as people seem to make out.

Not true at all.

Jose Enrique, been here a while now he hasn't had too many people wanting him out of the club, when he has had some ridiculously poor games.  Alot of people support the guy and appreciate he is young and could become a great asset.

We gave Titus Bramble amples of time, but only ever saw glimpses.  Luque, Viana no one really jumped on there backs, always wanted them to get another shot.  When in reality, their bad games outweight their good ones.