The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest shearer_206

Zenit St Petersburg are asking for over for £16m for Andrei Arshavin. (1020 BST, BBC Sport)

Would anyone be happy to see us offer that for him? Assuming he'd come of course, which appears doubtful.

Yes I think so, we were willing to pay around the same for Modric. I think if we can get someone of this calibre into the club it would be a statement of intent. I also think this would be benificial to us when persuing other players.

It's easy to say "Fuck that guy" now. But go back to the posts right after the Netherlands game. If he doesn't get marked completely out of the game, he's capable of doing outstanding things. It's not my money or anything, but if the club bid 16m for him, I wouldn't be pissed. The lofty expectations of his club and agent are the best things that could have happened for us.

Guest Deep456

He seems a joker. Surely his arrogance can only help us? We need a bit of arrogance about ourselves, otherwise you can never be the best. Take Mourinho, Ferguson, Benitez and even Wenger.

Hmmmmmmmm a couple of weeks ago I would have said yes he is worth it, BUT now after all the Barca and other press shite from him and his agent then I say NO.

I reckon he has all the making of another Dyer but maybe brining bigger problems, he seems to be a bit of a prick and have we not had enough of those kind of players?

Your judging these problems based on reading about him in the papers for 2 weeks? Personnally I don't think he's done anything wrong, he's 27 so this will be his last major payday so what so wrong with him trying to get every penny he possibly can. 

He seems a joker. Surely his arrogance can only help us? We need a bit of arrogance about ourselves, otherwise you can never be the best. Take Mourinho, Ferguson, Benitez and even Wenger.

Corect if I'm wrong, but the people you mentioned are all managers

Subtle difference between bossman calling the shots being full of themselves and players who think they are too good for us

Seen him in Burger King getting English lessons of Anton and SWP, the conversation went something like:

Anton: "Innit though"

Arshavin: "In-nit though?"

SWP: "Anyway lads better gan doon to SJP for a swift medical"

Arshavin: "Gan doon?"

Anton: "Yeah we're in toon now, innit"

Scolari cools Arshavin talk

Setanta Sports, UK - 44 minutes ago

by Alex Livie, 15 July 2008 Luiz Felipe Scolari has poured cold water on reports which suggested Chelsea held talks with Andrei Arshavin last week. ...

:lol:

and things seem to be getting desperate now for him..

Agent Pushes Arshavin Towards Arsenal

Goal.com, Switzerland - 2 hours ago

Andrei Arshavin and Arsenal could be a match made in heaven, according to the Russian sensation's agent. It has been another week of mixed messages ...

I think he could end up stuck at Zenit, if Wenger does not make a move and Barca not interested seems Chelski have no interest too.

We may be the only other club willing to pay the amount wanted for him but hasn't he said he would not come here, or sorry it may have been his agent that said that.

Despite Real Madrid's boast that every player wants to join them, Arshavin is not a fan and admits that he would turn down their advances if they made a move for him.

"That would be very difficult. I cannot see myself playing for Barcelona's great rivals. Nobody has mentioned Madrid, but no, I would not play there," he said.

Yeah, right! :D

Guest NorwegianMag

I like Arshavin and I don't see why people are so angry. Bitternes I guess. :shifty:

C.Ronaldo is a big twat, not Arshavin.  :angel:

I like Arshavin and I don't see why people are so angry. Bitternes I guess. :shifty:

C.Ronaldo is a big t***, not Arshavin.  :angel:

Still like him as a player, but can't stand his comments either. Some footballers should just shut up...