The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Two players to have really enhanced their reputation and their price tag, are probably our 2 top targets

Can you f###in believe it

gutted

Two players to have really enhanced their reputation and their price tag, are probably our 2 top targets

gutted

Couldn't be any other way. We'd be laughing if we could have handled our business months ago.

I think he's the player of the tournament.

He's only had two games as well.

I think that does him a massive favor. Russia were dire without him. Absolutely shocking side. He comes back and they're world beaters.

gutted

Should have got our arses into gear as soon as the season was over and put in bids.

gutted

Should have got our arses into gear as soon as the season was over and put in bids.

Don't worry KK is back off holiday now, just you watch him go.

Go Kevin!!!

:rolleyes:

:angry:

I am become death, destroyer of football teams.  First Switzerland and now Holland.  Beware the team I decide to support in my avatar next, because you will surely suffer painful elimination.

Hiddink is without a doubt the greatest manager in the world.  The luckiest as well.  If England had one ounce of pride and ability, they wouldn't have been at the finals.

gutted

Don't worry KK is back off holiday now, just you watch him go.

Go Kevin!!!

:rolleyes:

:angry:

:lol: It's the internet, but I can feel this massive store of anger just waiting for a spark. We're all furious, but don't want to say anything.

gutted

What an absolute load of horse shit. 

He was never going to sign for anyone before putting himself in the shop window in this tournament.

How can Allardyce praise Russia's attacking play? It is totally alien to how he likes his teams to play!

Has he mentioned that he was among the first to be in for Arshavin? I'd imagine he'd be wearing a shirt proclaiming that.

How can Allardyce praise Russia's attacking play? It is totally alien to how he likes his teams to play!

That's what i was thinking. Don't worry he will back to his trademark puntathon shitfest when he is the new Stoke manager in January.

Guest gbolem

Why the fuck would Zenit accept a bid and do a deal prior to this tournament when they know if he has even half a good game his value shoots up??

Fuck me man, grow up and recognise the obvious instead of whinging about "this club  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:"

3 group winners out.

3 group runners-up in the semi-finals.

More to the point, momentum is more important than rest. The 3 teams who had to win their last group games and have maintained their intensity have won their quarter-finals. Certainly Portugal and Holland who are teams who play well when they get into a rythym suffered from halting that by playing their reserves in the last group games.

On that basis, Spain have no chance against Italy tomorrow.

3 group winners out.

More to the point, momentum is more important than rest. The 3 teams who had to win their last group games and have maintained their intensity have won their quarter-finals. Certainly Portugal and Holland who are teams who play well when they get into a rythym suffered from halting that by playing their reserves in the last group games.

Been thinking exactly the same for the past hour.

3 group winners out.

Been thinking exactly the same for the past hour.

It's looking more and more like Italy is going to nick this Championships after going 0-0 and winning pens in the finals.

3 group winners out.

The football gods favour those who do not take football lightly ;)

This is akin to what happened in the NFL when the Giants played hard in the final game (even though it was meaningless) and they took that momentum (in what was a great game) all the way to the final. Every other team who rested players in the final week stuttered when the knock-out phase begin and were kicked out.

best. tournament. ever.

When's the last time there wasn't a late goal in the game?

Still banking on Russia. Never bet against a Hiddink side.

He's a perrenial loser though.

Also the best international manager on the planet.  :thup:

That is a good point though, he's never actually won anything.

Coming from a Korean, that ain't much of a surprise ;)

:smitten: Hiddink = God

I was there in Daejeon (?) in the second round when you boys played against the Italians. Class atmosphere. Never been in a louder place all my life.

best. tournament. ever.

When's the last time there wasn't a late goal in the game?

Still banking on Russia. Never bet against a Hiddink side.

He's a perrenial loser though.

Also the best international manager on the planet.  :thup:

That is a good point though, he's never actually won anything.

Coming from a Korean, that ain't much of a surprise ;)

:smitten: Hiddink = God

It was the officials that got Korea through, not Hiddink.

Never seen such cheating like it.