Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Average? He's by far our most gifted midfielder, he can create for a f***ing start, isn't currently on Cell block H, 34 or pissing off to the African Cup Of Nations every 2 year. Give the lad a run for god sake, he has high energy can dribble and can pass. And it now looks like were gonna make a loss.

I was as pissed as anyonehe was fit for Turkey, but even when hes been fit this year he's been on bench duty now and again. Behind f***ing "Can't beat the first man" Geremi.

He's a 70 minute man. When was the last time he was effective from the start?

Going to make a loss? What on earth are you talking about?

Average? He's by far our most gifted midfielder, he can create for a f***ing start, isn't currently on Cell block H, 34 or pissing off to the African Cup Of Nations every 2 year. Give the lad a run for god sake, he has high energy can dribble and can pass. And it now looks like were gonna make a loss.

I was as pissed as anyonehe was fit for Turkey, but even when hes been fit this year he's been on bench duty now and again. Behind f***ing "Can't beat the first man" Geremi.

Players in representing their national team shocker!!  :kasper:

Players in representing their national team shocker!!  :kasper:

:lol:

Im pissed at this.

Not the sale, but because I think Emre may be another player who has f***ing shafted us. Came here for the money, gave a few decent performances but generally couldnt be bothered to play often. Probably his plan from day 1, i.e. decided hed have a lucrative move before eventually going back to Turkey.

It wont be the first, nor the last time, a footballer will have joined a club purely for monetary reasons and then pissed about with supposed injuries and underperforming. But im getting sick of these c***s joining us in particular and taking us for a ride.

We need to stop buying rejects from the CL elites imo, and buy players who are wanting to make a career for themselves. In hindsight, that was a s*** transfer policy from the previous board, and although I dont blame them for having ambition, its quite clear that tempting big name players from better places by offering them more cash then everyone else leaves you with a big chance of attracting those wasters and has-beens who havent been found out yet looking for a big pay day to ensure they dont have to worry once they hit their 28s or so.

Guest Geordiesned

13 pages for someone who's done f*** all for us barring about a 5 game spell, crikey.

Yes because he has never had a solid run of games under good management, we get an attacking gaffer and we sell our best midfielder. Great move. £8M is quoted.

You are taking the piss, aren't you?

The lad is average. He can't cut it in Premiership and he's injury prone. £8 million is fantastic.

To be fair, we don't exactly have an abundance of talent in central midfield.

That's no excuse to keep an average player, especially if we are going to get the £8 million quoted.

The only place I've seen £8 million quoted is on the BBC site. They say they've got that from other sources but all other sources seem to say the figure is between £3-4 million.

Personally I don't hink he's an average player. He's certainly been injury prone but that doesn't make him average and I don't think we've got anymore talented players in midfield than him. I also don't like the fact that we're getting rid of players before bringing new players in. If we can't get our targets then we'll be even weaker next season! Keegan has talked about having a small squad and that he wants to bring in 4 or 5 players. Well with Emre leaving that's now 4 that have left so bringing 4 or 5 with still leave us with a very small squad with no strength in depth.

Various media sources tell us that the club must lower its wage bill as instructed by Mike Ashley. Since he's never spoken to the media I know know ehere they get this from but if it is true then we're going to have difficulty attracting top players as the top 4 and the clubs around them now have the financial clout to offer those high wages. We need to be buying players now as after the EURO Championships could well be too late to get in the players we want and we may well have to settle for substandard players who will not improve us.

Guest Heneage

The Price being quoted in the Turkish Press is 5.5 M Euro's.

if we get 8 million for him, thats not a bad bit of business

not bad? it'd be bloody fantastic!

I skipped a few pages in here, did a figure of that amount come up? I'd guess it'd be more like £3-5m, hope I'm wrong though...

Guest Geordiesned

Beeb:

Newcastle are yet to comment but according to reports the transfer fee involved could be about £8m.

As I've mentioned above, what reports are they talking about? No reports I've seen or that have been posted in this thread sugguest a figure anywhere near £8 million.

We need to trim the wage bill and he is a waste of a wage, I liked him and he had stayed fit I doubt the club would even consider selling him, people went on about Owen only being fir5 for England blah blah blah, Emre was only ever fit for Turkey then 20 mins for us he was injured agian.

Guest MaetihS

With the departure of Emre, midfield is arguably the weakest in the bottom half of the table (10th-15th). And tbh, the midfield looks like a typical relegation one; with hardworkers instead of technical flair players.

With the departure of Emre, midfield is arguably the weakest in the bottom half of the table (10th-15th). And tbh, the midfield looks like a typical relegation one; with hardworkers instead of technical flair players.

Chill the fuck out. We've got 3 months to go. We'll definitely sign someone in this area (evidenced from our bid for Modric and rumoured interest for Turan).

Guest MaetihS

quite sad to see him leave. But really for his career, he needs to leave to a better club that does not involve in relegation scraps so as to better utilise his skills. Arguably our best skilled player in the last 2 seasons but never really show consistency for one reason or other. Anyhow, expect that we will be in a similar scrap next season, he will definitely be not as useful as the nicky butts where determination and heart are more important. Very similar to Robert, if we are struggling, he is useless but when we are flying high and playing with invention and confidence, he is simply immense and joy to watch.

quite sad to see him leave. But really for his career, he needs to leave to a better club that does not involve in relegation scraps so as to better utilise his skills. Arguably our best skilled player in the last 2 seasons but never really show consistency for one reason or other. Anyhow, expect that we will be in a similar scrap next season, he will definitely be not as useful as the nicky butts where determination and heart are more important. Very similar to Robert, if we are struggling, he is useless but when we are flying high and playing with invention and confidence, he is simply immense and joy to watch.

Lets all go and slit our wrists, get it over with.

The Price being quoted in the Turkish Press is 5.5 M Euro's.

That's £4.3 million, basically what we paid for him, I'd be extremely happy with that for the little waster.  Especially considering we'll save another £3 million pounds a year on his exorbitant wages.

Disapointed in one way if he leaves because he was the something different we missed badly last season but I wont miss him with the niggly injuries that he picked up all the time.I think we are doing the right thing selling him now while we can get some decent money for him.I just hope we have someone lined up to replace him

quite sad to see him leave. But really for his career, he needs to leave to a better club that does not[...]

Fine, we get it, we've known for some time now that you're a mackem, at least in spirit and soul and whatever mode relevant for making mackems subhuman scum.

Lets all go and slit our wrists, get it over with.

On topic, I'm glad Emre's going, he may be talented but he hasn't shown it. You should go by what they do, not what they can do. He's played in his best position - unlike some other players - and his lack of appetite has been far too much.

Good riddance.