Summer 2008 Manager Thread - CHELSEA GET SCOLARI

maze

Guest teepee

deco has left the portuguese camp today to return to barcelona to handle "personal matters"

that probably translates into "to sign a contract with chelsea"

lets be honest if i were a football club chairman i'd interview Mcclaren aswell.

just for the giggle.

Final question:

And where do you recommend I buy a new umbrella from?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_3708271,00.html

Sky Sports News understands that Paul Ince is the leading contender to become the new Blackburn Rovers manager.

The MK Dons boss has been linked with the Ewood Park post since Mark Hughes elected to take over as the new Manchester City manager.

Steve McClaren and Sam Allardyce have both been interviewed by Rovers chairman John Williams, but it appears that Ince is the club's No.1 candidate.

Rovers legend Alan Shearer was an early contender, but he publicly stated that he would not be taking up the post.

Williams also flew out to Euro 2008 earlier this week to interview a mystery candidate for the role.

Blackburn are yet to make an official approach to MK Dons over securing Ince's services, but it is thought that the League One side would not stand in his way.

Leicester had been keen to appoint Ince as they looked to secure promotion back to the Championship, but chairman Milan Mandaric's advances were rejected.

One sticking point for Rovers is that Ince does not yet possess a Uefa Pro-Licence, but the club are hoping for special dispensation from the Premier League.

Fat sam has withdrawn his Blackburn application.

Clearly trying to save face.

Expect another dose of the Sam Allardyce Promotional Propaganda during his next TV appearance.

Fat sam has withdrawn his Blackburn application.

Clearly trying to save face.

Expect another dose of the Sam Allardyce Promotional Propaganda during his next TV appearance.

likewise i would like to withdraw my application to be jessica alba's next shag.

Foxes appoint Pearson

New Leicester boss sets sights on promotion

Leicester have ended their search for a successor to Ian Holloway after naming Nigel Pearson as their new manager.

The former Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday captain was unveiled at a press conference shown live on Sky Sports News on Friday morning.

Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric parted company with Holloway at the end of last season following the club's relegation from the Championship.

However, Pearson is confident he is now the man to help Leicester, who start next season against MK Dons, out of League One.

Pressure

"I'm delighted to be here and this is a fantastic opportunity," said Pearson. "I'm looking forward to working here and getting stuck in.

"We have to give ourselves the best chance to bounce back. Promotion is what everyone wants.

"We are under no illusion how difficult it will be, but I do believe the infrastructure and resources are here to get back up. I want to be successful.

"There is always pressure, but we need to get straight back into the Championship."

New faces

Pearson was controversially replaced as Southampton manager by Jan Poortvliet at the end of last season after only three months in charge, despite helping the club avoid relegation on the last day of the campaign at the expense of Leicester.

But Mandaric, who is now working with the sixth manager since he took control of the Foxes 16 months ago, insists Pearson will enjoy long-term support at Leicester and has hinted that there will be new signings at Walkers Stadium.

"Nigel is the right man to take this club forward. He has a great mix of experience, integrity and enthusiasm," added Mandaric.

"Nigel will get full support. We want players who want to be part of Leicester and make up for what happened last season.

"I have got a warrior with me, who can handle pressure and who knows where we should be."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_3713547,00.html

• 3 weeks later...

1st Chelsea press conference, makes you sick how much the media are dying to climb up his arse, laughing wildly like starstruck schoolgirls at his lame, unfunny jokes, hanging off his every word like dirty scummy twats they truly are.

Makes me sick.

Ugh...