Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

Guest Flair

come on ! we need a player like Aimar..hoping and praying but i know the odds are small.

I would say its 50/50

i love to have him. but between Benfica and us, it is quite obvious he will choose Benfica not only because it is a more famous club, but his ex-coach is there.

Their bid is not confirmed.

neither is ours though..

We've got a lot more money.

Doubt we'll spend any of it though. :razz:

Some people on here sounding far too assured and setting themselves up for a fall.

By the sound of it Benfica are still in pole position and we're going to need to act quickly if we even stand a chance. He may want to come here, he may want to go there and play under his former coach. Either way I certainly don't think it'll be down to lack of ambition or offering small wages if we do miss out, just bad luck.

Lets wait for something concrete before getting our hopes up, aye?

Some people on here sounding far too assured and setting themselves up for a fall.

By the sound of it Benfica are still in pole position and we're going to need to act quickly if we even stand a chance. He may want to come here, he may want to go there and play under his former coach. Either way I certainly don't think it'll be down to lack of ambition or offering small wages if we do miss out, just bad luck.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

He'd come here over Benfica imo if our offer is serious enough.

we all know how persuasive king kev is when he get's to talk to players, hardly any1 has turned him down tbh

Indeed. I believe nothing in the rags or shitty rumour sites until I see some solid proof.

You wear really tight undies don't you?

Let them breathe man!

I believe we are in a stronger position if we both bid. The premier league is really popular right now, there are a lot of top Argentinians here all doing really well and we just signed an Argentinian ourselves!

Enjoy the speculation we are in with a very good chance afterall.

Modric didn't come and we're all still alive right? Chill.

I'm actually put off by how much we've heard about it tbh. The 2 we've got in so far this summer have come totally out of the blue but this one is building up a little.

Won't be in the least bit surprised if the 'English club' is someone like West Ham.

I'm actually put off by how much we've heard about it tbh. The 2 we've got in so far this summer have come totally out of the blue but this one is building up a little.

Won't be in the least bit surprised if the 'English club' is someone like West Ham.

agree.. i will be very surprised if we have even considered him..

the guy has the talent, but his last top season was 5 years ago.. we wouldn't want another Damien Duff

Let them breathe man!

I believe we are in a stronger position if we both bid. The premier league is really popular right now, there are a lot of top Argentinians here all doing really well and we just signed an Argentinian ourselves!

Close thing though!

Let them breathe man!

I'm a commando man, actually.

I'm not even entirely sure we're in for him so i'd rather stay calm and wait and see. There are some over excitable twerps on here who'll no doubt bemoan the lack of ambition by the club if the signing doesn't materialise.

the guy has the talent, but his last top season was 5 years ago.. we wouldn't want another Damien Duff

Don't get me wrong, I hope we do sign him as I think he can be a bit special.  :thup:

Got to be wary about signing him on his form of a few years ago though and if he's totally lost interest, which is possible, then I'd like us to steer clear. I'm hoping that Vetere's had his ear to the ground. :)

Don't get me wrong, I hope we do sign him as I think he can be a bit special.  :thup:

Got to be wary about signing him on his form of a few years ago though and if he's totally lost interest, which is possible, then I'd like us to steer clear. I'm hoping that Vetere's had his ear to the ground. :)

A very legitimate concern that, given recent unfortunate experiences.

Guest neesy111

but we do have the manager to get him back to his best

He'll just be so beautiful to watch it's worth taking some risks. In some ways I'd rather watch him than the woodland creature Mordor.