The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

The worry with Kinnear is that he will continue with Ameobi even when Martins and Owen are fit, just because he likes having a big man up top who makes a nuisance of himself, similar to Allardyce did when he was here.

As far as i'm concerned Shola scored and is fit, so why rush Owen back in for the inbreds? Just have him on the bench as an option for the scum.

If anyone else other than Shola scored last night people would be saying "he's a striker, he scored, why take him out?".

Shola was probably our man of the match last night, him or Coloccini. He ran the line superb and our performance as a team notably dropped when he went off, obviously tire dlegs played a massive part too.

As far as i'm concerned Shola scored and is fit, so why rush Owen back in for the inbreds? Just have him on the bench as an option for the scum.

If anyone else other than Shola scored last night people would be saying "he's a striker, he scored, why take him out?".

Shola was probably our man of the match last night, him or Coloccini. He ran the line superb and our performance as a team notably dropped when he went off, obviously tire dlegs played a massive part too.

Nicky Butt said Shola had only been training for a couple of day in the after game interview so I assume Shola still has injury problems. Butt who was Setanta Man of the Match said it should have gone to Shola.

Apparently the reason Shola went of was because he had cramp. I wonder why he'd only trained for the last couple of days?

The worry with Kinnear is that he will continue with Ameobi even when Martins and Owen are fit, just because he likes having a big man up top who makes a nuisance of himself, similar to Allardyce did when he was here.

If shola plays like that every game I'd have no reservations with keeping him in.

Guest Heneage

The thing is, I admired that Shola put himself about got a bit physical. Like i've said to my brother numerous times both for his team and playing Friday you aren't out there to make friends, you're out there to win, obviously its more applicable with Sunday League, some players can switch it on and off but some like Shola have to go out there with that attitude in them and not switch off.

I admired his glimpses of skill tricks and the pass to Duff was sublime.

The reason I still believe in what Shola has to offer isn't so much the goal, which was a bit spawny, but that moment after an hour when he had the ball on the left hand edge of their penalty area, and beat his man with a really sharp change of direction. He fired in a cross which would have been a goal if we'd had Owen reading the game rather than Martins.

Shola will drive you mad when he falls over the ball with his gangly legs, but once or twice a game he'll open things up for you, regardless of the quality of the opposition.

I also thought he did well as a target man tonight. Mr Dunne has the bruises to prove it.

I used to stick up for Shola a lot a couple of years ago, I think Gejon was another one - before finally giving up. I still don't think he'll produce on a consistent basis but at least tonight gave us a glimpse of what we saw in him back then.  He did a good job tonight and should have got the official MOM.

If we were in prison I would shiv you, you grass!

If Allardyce had actually implemented a plan to use a big man I could have respected him more. In fact all he did was take a bunch of footballers and try and super-impose a long ball game for which they weren't suited. So far in the two matches under Kinnear we've played far more attacking football - to the extent even when we went down to 10 men we kept two strikers on the pitch.

Shola hasn't morphed into a super predator overnight either, just used his abilities to better effect in one game. When Owen and Martins are fit I'm sure they'll play, but it should be remembered that they haven't looked a great partnership when they've played together except when Viduka was introduced to the mix.

The reason I still believe in what Shola has to offer isn't so much the goal, which was a bit spawny, but that moment after an hour when he had the ball on the left hand edge of their penalty area, and beat his man with a really sharp change of direction. He fired in a cross which would have been a goal if we'd had Owen reading the game rather than Martins.

Shola will drive you mad when he falls over the ball with his gangly legs, but once or twice a game he'll open things up for you, regardless of the quality of the opposition.

I also thought he did well as a target man tonight. Mr Dunne has the bruises to prove it.

I used to stick up for Shola a lot a couple of years ago, I think Gejon was another one - before finally giving up. I still don't think he'll produce on a consistent basis but at least tonight gave us a glimpse of what we saw in him back then.  He did a good job tonight and should have got the official MOM.

If we were in prison I would shiv you, you grass!

Sorry pal changing your moniker won't get you out of this one ;)

All the closet Shola fans are being outed this week.  :pow:

His biggest problem is that he just isn't mobile. He played well last night & I've said before he should have been on in other games when Xisco has played - as he is going to take an awful lot of time & care if he is to be any good.

I think Kinnear has had a positive affect on Shola & that in itself is an achievement.

Guest The Libertine

because its owen and because its ameobi. a half fit owen is still twice the player ameobi is.

ameobi out asap.

because its owen and because its ameobi. a half fit owen is still twice the player ameobi is.

ameobi out asap.

exactly, this is our most important game of the season ffs

ameobi out asap.

It might be one of our most important games so far this season but you can't call it the most important overall just yet at all.

ameobi out asap.

It might be one of our most important games so far this season but you can't call it the most important overall just yet at all.

well obviously. But there isn't another ground in the prem we'd prefer to get 3 points at, that's what i meant  :razz: