The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

played better tonight than he has for a long time. still don't think he has a future here. honestly thought he's put it wide when scored but he did the right thing in carrying it forwrad a touch instead snatching early at a ball that was a bit high to have a crack at.

played better tonight than he has for a long time. still don't think he has a future here. honestly thought he's put it wide when scored but he did the right thing in carrying it forwrad a touch instead snatching early at a ball that was a bit high to have a crack at.

It was a mis-kick, hence the reaction.

It was a mis-kick, hence the reaction.

aye....my reaction when i thought "why's it in the net"

Fair play to him he put in a good performance last night, nothing special ,that's just how id expect a premiership striker to play week in week out, but we all seen Smith put in a performance much the same v Arsenal at home last season(minus the goal of course) and couldn't follow it up.

Only Shola could have scored that goal. Anyone else and the keeper would have saved it. It was the shear fact that it couldn`t go anymore opposite to what he was trying to do that made it a goal.  He`s scored a few like that i think. Well done though he did well tonight. I wasn`t expecting it. He was the first player to commit a foul, misplace a pass and get in the way all with in the first few mins.

Only Shola could have scored that goal. Anyone else and the keeper would have saved it. It was the shear fact that it couldn`t go anymore opposite to what he was trying to do that made it a goal.  He`s scored a few like that i think. Well done though he did well tonight. I wasn`t expecting it. He was the first player to commit a foul, misplace a pass and get in the way all with in the first few mins.

:thup: I did believe that he would score when he got the ball though.

I was celebrating the moment it landed at his feet, genuinely. I knew he was going to score from the moment he headed the ball away (for City) in the opening five minutes. I said to my mate "by some massive stroke of fortune, Shola will net one tonight". It was just destiny that he was gonna score. :D

:thup: I did believe that he would score when he got the ball though.

He's not actually bad at finishing one on ones, and the fact he's quite confident taking penalties backs that up. Getting in the box and taking up good positions is his problem, but it sounds like JK has been telling him to do precisely that. Thought him and Martins really gave the City a defence a going over last night and I'm guessing they will put the shits up the Mackems as well on Saturday.

Best game he's had for ages, although admitedly that's not saying much -  Played an excellent pass to Duff, had a good flick that went over the bar, but was still fist-bitingly frustrating at times, standing around off-side, daydreaming instead of chasing balls, falling over his legs when he was put through...  Good to see him not looking completely hopless mind, deserved to be clapped off.

Guest Stephen927

Credit to Kinnear. Seems to have given him a new breath of life. Before he was moping around the pitch full of self pity, now he at least looks like challenging the opposition defenders.

Deserved his bit of luck for the goal.

Credit to Kinnear. Seems to have given him a new breath of life. Before he was moping around the pitch full of self pity, now he at least looks like challenging the opposition defenders.

Deserved his bit of luck for the goal.

Super mac said on the Legends that Kinnear has been working with him 1 to 1  :hom: and trying to get his attitude right which can only be a good thing but he should have self belief anyway but sniping from the stands doesnt help .