The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

Shola needs an arm around him (not around his neck) rather than a kick up the arse type of player. Keegan obviously did not believe in him and this showed. Since we don't have much of a choice anyway and haven't been winning games, let's see if this new found confidence in him by JK will pay off

I wish I had a pound for every time I've heard that and seen somebody ending up looking daft. :lol:

Guest bluegeordie

I don't know why most people are doubting JK's judgment in the last series of posts. He's shown us he can rant and swear in an out of control and misinformed fashion at a press conference, so he's obviously up to the job here, and anyone who feels even a tad concerned that so far he seems to have regarded Duff, Carr, and Shola as plausible routes out of our current predicament is obviously just being contrary for the sake of it, and unduly negative, and they're obviously not "real" supporters.

Honestly, while I desperately hope that results begin to go our way, and I remain open to the possibility of the "new manager" factor temporarily kicking in, I can't wait for the JFK era to be over and done with. We need much more than a loose-lipped, shoot-from-the-hip buffoon to get us out of this mess.       

I don't know why most people are doubting JK's judgment in the last series of posts. He's shown us he can rant and swear in an out of control and misinformed fashion at a press conference, so he's obviously up to the job here, and anyone who feels even a tad concerned that so far he seems to have regarded Duff, Carr, and Shola as plausible routes out of our current predicament is obviously just being contrary for the sake of it, and unduly negative, and they're obviously not "real" supporters.

Honestly, while I desperately hope that results begin to go our way, and I remain open to the possibility of the "new manager" factor temporarily kicking in, I can't wait for the JFK era to be over and done with. We need much more than a loose-lipped, shoot-from-the-hip buffoon to get us out of this mess.       

Yes, Kinnear has been mouthy, but in the circumstances, he's got to make his presence felt. With the media trying to treat it all as a bit of a joke, he's got to assert himself and maintain confidence for both his sake and the players. It's also a smart move to put all the attention and pressure on himself, because that can ease things for the team.

Let's just see how he does over the next month before we reach a verdict.

Ok I haven't often claimed to be ITK and I think I have been around long enough to build up some trust but you don't have to beleive me..

Anyway I was speaking to Zidane the other day and he told me he based his entire game on Shola Ameobi.

I thought he did ok today aswell, just amazed how much confidence he has when in reality his ability doesn't quite match up to it.

Looked more of a threat in his time on the pitch today than Smith has since he arrived.

I knew that after Joe Kinnear said that about him he would play good for us today. I mean he wasnt great but he did what he had to held up the ball almost got an assist (although due to his incredible ability to almost fall down while trying to control the ball), im happy with his performance today. Hope Joe will turn this for him so that he maybe can get the 20 goals hes supposed to be.

"If Shola scores, where on the pitch" for f***s sake, I'm glad only 600 went if you are gunna be twats like that, as I said in a previous post, SUPPORTERS remember?

Don't really see how it's such a bad song?  ???