Agent: 'Arda Turan will be playing in Italy this coming season'

Guest hindu times

He's really taking the piss now, playing well and deliberately scoring that penalty immediately after Modric missed.

It is like he is doing his utmost to hold back talking to Newcastle for as long as possible.

It seems the media link us with good players then a day later link Man U, Arsenal, Man City or Spurs with them. I doubt very much that Arda is going to come here anyway but I wanted Turkey to get knocked out last night so all this can come to and end sooner rather than later.

Banned for the semi and I can't see them making the final, so it's effectively over for him this tournament. Hopefully.

We just need to wait for Keegan to come back of his holidays now. Someone mentioned 2 weeks time? ;)

Banned for the semi and I can't see them making the final, so it's effectively over for him this tournament. Hopefully.

We just need to wait for Keegan to come back of his holidays now. Someone mentioned 2 weeks time? ;)

Already back; back at work on Monday. :celb:

Guest Sam04je

If Modric would consider moving here, surely Arda will be intrested. Places like Man U, Arsenal he would have to fight for his place, his only real threat here would be Zoggy who may be leaving. Does he also play on the right?

I think we might be in with a good shout. Really hope we do sign him.

He would be a quality signing, our Arteta or Krankjar. Sadly I think we are a little too late, and the Euro's have raised his profile to clubs we won't be able to compete with. Fingers crossed, but not getting my hopes up!

I hate to say it, but in the head to head against Modric, the Croat looked a class above yesterday. Arda didn't do much wrong, but he didn't come close to the heights of Modric who was directing all of Croatia's best attacking play. Modric NEVER loses possession of the ball - as we've seen with N'Zogbia, it's all very well having great dribbling ability, but football intelligence counts for a lot as well. If we've bid £9m for Turan, it's still a good fee for a player who is still quite raw, so I wouldn't rule us out for his signature just yet.

I hate to say it, but in the head to head against Modric, the Croat looked a class above yesterday. Arda didn't do much wrong, but he didn't come close to the heights of Modric who was directing all of Croatia's best attacking play. Modric NEVER loses possession of the ball - as we've seen with N'Zogbia, it's all very well having great dribbling ability, but football intelligence counts for a lot as well. If we've bid £9m for Turan, it's still a good fee for a player who is still quite raw, so I wouldn't rule us out for his signature just yet.

Arda looks like he he has the makings of a good player.

Modric looks like he has the makings of a top player.

Is that not unjust though, this tournament Arda has been played out wide left, Modric has been deployed in a central role. It's much easier for Modric to be the pinnacle of play over Arda as he is in the centre, where most play is created.

Didn't catch the whole game btw just the penalties, so i'm not sure who was where last night.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Modric is what i call a 'pretty' player, doing every thing simple, good in tight areas, and creates a lot of space for himself.

Arda is an effective player, who can drive at the defence and cause things to happen.

Both top players but Arda is more the type of player we need

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wenger was working on the dramatic game between Croatia and Turkey, which was won by the Turks on penalties, and was quizzed as to his feelings on Arda after the Galatasaray winger had yet another impressive night.

“Yes, I think that Arda is an extremely good talent, one of the best in the Turkish squad and I think he has the capabilities to perform at the top level,” Wenger responded.

Wenger was working on the dramatic game between Croatia and Turkey, which was won by the Turks on penalties, and was quizzed as to his feelings on Arda after the Galatasaray winger had yet another impressive night.

Yes, I think that Arda is an extremely good talent, one of the best in the Turkish squad and I think he has the capabilities to perform at the top level, Wenger responded.

A piece of me just died

Guest Heneage

Is that not unjust though, this tournament Arda has been played out wide left, Modric has been deployed in a central role. It's much easier for Modric to be the pinnacle of play over Arda as he is in the centre, where most play is created.

Didn't catch the whole game btw just the penalties, so i'm not sure who was where last night.

From the left wing Arda has 2 goals, and his team are still in as he scored his penalty. For all his good passing Modric has one and missed.

Guest Leftfoot

If you look at the statistics Modric has been more active, but I guess it is not fair to compare a left winger to a playmaker:

Modric:

Goals 1

Tackles won 4

Tackles lost 2

Total shots 3

Shots on target 2

Att. created 7

Total passes 156

Accurate passes 123

Accurate passes 78,8%

Arda

Goals 2