Agent: 'Arda Turan will be playing in Italy this coming season'

Guest hindu times

Like I said in the Arshavin thread, wait and see what happens over the next couple of seasons. Considering his age and the club he looks like joining, there is no reason why we might not have a chance to sign him in a year or two.

Like I said in the Arshavin thread, wait and see what happens over the next couple of seasons. Considering his age and the club he looks like joining, there is no reason why we might not have a chance to sign him in a year or two.

For twice as much.

Thats all great and stuff but how about we focus on signing players for this year perhaps?

What a daft thing to say.

Well perhaps we should be looking for those Ardas out there who have already lost their way by joining the likes of Juve/Inter/Milan/Madrid/Barcelona at 21/22 and not got a look in.

Well perhaps we should be looking for those Ardas out there who have already lost their way by joining the likes of Juve/Inter/Milan/Madrid/Barcelona at 21/22 and not got a look in.

fair comment, didnt i see that french lad has gone on loan from ac milan to bourdeaux?  gourcuff right?  very highly rated for a few years but not getting a look in and still young

identifying and trying to sign players like that makes sense, more sense than offering the likes of damien duff 70k a week

didn't someone from Milan (I want to say Burlusconi but I don't think it was - someone will have to correct me) say that Italian teams can no longer compete with those in Spain and England in terms of wages, and some transfer fees?

This theory is simply clutching at straws, but say it was true Arda had his eye set on a move to Spain or England, then surely we would be able to outmuscle any Italian interest if there was some (Agent talk).  I know we're not the only team interested, and this point is a bit muddled, but I'm just trying to keep a slim hope of optimism.

Guest Heneage

One of the heads of milan claimed a cash crisis, but he's being a total fool, he tries this every year but is talking pure BS.

fair comment, didnt i see that french lad has gone on loan from ac milan to bourdeaux?  gourcuff right?  very highly rated for a few years but not getting a look in and still young

identifying and trying to sign players like that makes sense, more sense than offering the likes of damien duff 70k a week

Quaresma is probably the biggest example that I can think of and now it looks like Europe's finest will try and sign him again this summer.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun25r.html

Turkish star Turan set for Serie A 

Wednesday 25 June, 2008

Turkish sensation Arda Turan “will play in Italy with a big club, as Milan and Juventus are interested.”

The 21-year-old forward has been one of the top revelations in the Euro 2008 semi-finalists and is eager to make the move to Serie A.

“Next week, when the European Championship is over, we will make everything official,” agent Ahmet Bulut told sportal.it.

“Many clubs have contacted me, but the price-tag is pretty high and he only wants the best.

“Whatever the outcome, he will play in Italy and will do so for a big club. Juve and Milan are interested, from Monday we’ll begin discussing terms.

“I wish to repeat, Arda Turan will be playing in Italy this coming season.”

Juventus have the advantage because they can offer midfielder Sergio Almiron (pictured) – a target for Arda’s club Galatasaray – along with £4m.

However, they would need to free up a non-EU spot in their squad before importing another player.

That's the end of that then.

odd news... milan on tight cash... and juve had over non EU player... he said his price tag is high...

so still hope he'll sign for us

Guest Marauder1905

There is nothing certain at this point. His agent is trying to create discord so the fees & wages for Arda will go up along with his own commission/fee.

Galatasaray President should be making an official comment on whether the club will sell him or not. So, don't fall for anything until something official comes from Galatasaray.

Guest Marauder1905

Oh yeah... One last thing, the contract between Arda and his current agent will be expiring in February. It appears that the agent is quite enthusiastic to hit the jackpot before then.

James is by far and away the finest WUM I have ever witnessed. He's so convincing, it's almost as though he even believes half of what he writes, himself. Brilliant. Hats off.  :pow:

We shoulda bitten the bullet and stumped up the cash before the tournament like we where willing to do with Modric.

how do you know we didn't ?

how do you know we were in fact in for him ?

how do you know he didn't say "no thanks" before the tournament ?

as yet,for all the talk we were only confirmed as being in for modric. all the rest (turan,gomis etc) are as yet unconfirmed by us (as you'd expect),but more surprisingly by the selling club.