Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

I wonder if the transfer is now formally complete then (barring the compensation stuff, obviously), or whether he's just had permission to play in this game.

This:

NEWCASTLE United has today received confirmation from FIFA that Jonas Gutierrez can feature in Sunday's Premier League opener against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

and the way it's worded suggests to me it's the latter. Unless I'm just reading into it wrong.

Guest sahara

Random (and probably quite pointless) question, is he going to have "Gutierrez" on his shirt? For Mallorca and Argentina he had "Jonas". The club shop are listing it as Gutierrez but I would of thought he would of stuck with what he has always had.

Random (and probably quite pointless) question, is he going to have "Gutierrez" on his shirt? For Mallorca and Argentina he had "Jonas". The club shop are listing it as Gutierrez but I would of thought he would of stuck with what he has always had.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1367459,00.html

They're just doing stories for the sake of it now aren't they?

Guest sahara

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1367459,00.html

Freaky, they updated about it just after I posted my question lol

Guest sahara

Gutted for anyone who purchased a Gutierrez 18 shirt.

Well they should of waited really!! They always say to wait for the official annoucement. Then again it was on the club shop site as his surname last night so... oh dear lol. Never can do anything simply!!

Gutted for anyone who purchased a Gutierrez 18 shirt.

That's why I waited 'til now. Just ordered a Jonas shirt, mostly because I find it rather funny to have my own name on the back of the shirt.. Can't wait until next week now, I'm going to look so fabulous in my new purple shirt :smitten:

They should be if you moan like a bitch without having the first clue about what is going on behind the scenes ;)

hm, can't be arsed with that

interestingly though, as it bothers me, i just looked up meaning of the word moan, and you're (not alone mind) nowhere near with the use of the word

then again i'm prolly just moaning again! ;)