Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

Guest neesy111

tbf lads, if you want to screw up any game it has to be the one when we have 2% chance of getting a result, just as long we make a game of it on sunday and then i'll be happy

tbf it's not the club's fault over jonas

Guest neesy111

Hypothetically what happens if we don't get his clearance by 1st September?

Just wondering like.

he has signed, so it doesn't matter, it's the paper work thats the problem as mallorca/velez will not release it so he can gain international clearance

Just wondering like.

nothing really. the transfer window only limits when the financials can be done. from what i understand the cash has changed hands so the closing of the transfer window should have no relevance if the clearance hasn't gone through. just means he can train but not play for newcastle.

tbf lads, if you want to screw up any game it has to be the one when we have 2% chance of getting a result, just as long we make a game of it on sunday and then i'll be happy

It's the clubs fault were f***ing around at this late stage irrespective of Jonas paperwork or not.

It's the clubs fault we are starting the season with a smaller squad that last season, so yeah i think they can take most of the flack

Time will tell

It's the clubs fault were fucking around at this late stage irrespective of Jonas paperwork or not.

It's the clubs fault we are starting the season with a smaller squad that last season, so yeah i think they can take most of the flack

Guest neesy111

It's the clubs fault were fucking around at this late stage irrespective of Jonas paperwork or not.

well we have signed still far more than most of the premiership, the transfer market is crap because most clubs don't want to sell

Am I missing something with this "smaller squad" shite, by the way?

Carr, Ramage, Diatta and Rozehnal out (being very generous with the middle two after their contributions last season, and it's not exactly as if Carr/Rozey are any great loss).

Guthrie, Gutierrez, Bassong and Coloccini in.

I know Jonas and Colo aren't exactly cut and dried insofar as being announced officially and all that, but I think it's fairly safe to say that they've signed.

Unless people are criticising the club for the current injuries?

Guest neesy111

we need this CM and now a striker to sign

tbf this still could be the press making up crap as we've heard nothing from the club about this

Am I missing something with this "smaller squad" s****, by the way?

Carr, Ramage, Diatta and Rozehnal out (being very generous with the middle two after their contributions last season, and it's not exactly as if Carr/Rozey are any great loss).

I know Jonas and Colo aren't exactly cut and dried insofar as being announced officially and all that, but I think it's fairly safe to say that they've signed.

You forgot Emre, but I generally agree with you.

I also agree in the main, though if Troisi was still at the club (and now that Australia have exited the Olympics) he could have started up front at Old Trafford :lol:

Just wondering like.

He has still bought out his contract? So is he a free agent then?

Same thing that happened to N'Zogbia. He's our player but he can't play until we get his registration.

Guest neesy111

Just wondering like.

He has still bought out his contract? So is he a free agent then?

Same thing that happened to N'Zogbia. He's our player but he can't play until we get his registration.

tbf we played charlie, then we had the problem with le'harve

Pattison and Babayaro

We had a numerically very small squad, and (after most of the transfer window) we still have a very small squad.

pattison left last season?

He was on loan, and officially left in January.

Didn't we sign Tozer and Kadar on professional contracts in January?

If you want to get really petty about it like.

Breaking News: Green Light For Gutierrez

NEWCASTLE United has today received confirmation from FIFA that Jonas Gutierrez can feature in Sunday's Premier League opener against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

The Argentinian international joined the Magpies from Real Mallorca this summer, and has quickly impressed supporters with his energetic displays in pre-season matches.

Stick with nufc.co.uk throughout the day as we bring you all the latest news ahead of the Red Devils clash.