Llambias: sale stories are all utter nonsense

Optimistic Nut

It just doesn't make sense, why a man would buy the club, wipe out the debt then sell up. Surely if you wanted out, you'd sell the club and the debt?

Isn't it more attractive without debt?

I don't know if this has been a;ready mentioned , can't be arsed to read through all pages on this but the beeb have updated their story to say that the US company has confirm it was approached. Well that really doesn't marry with what the club said yesterday, so someone is clearly lying here, but who ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7489444.stm

I don't know if this has been a;ready mentioned , can't be arsed to read through all pages on this but the beeb have updated their story to say that the US company has confirm it was approached. Well that really doesn't marry with what the club said yesterday, so someone is clearly lying here, but who ?

could have been approached by anyone, doesnt have to be nufc, co-investors looking for a partner, someone looking for funding, anyone.

With Intermedia confirming it has been approached it has even me wondering if Ashley is really trying to flog the club.

Hope to god it's not true but there's a part of me that fears it is.

Guest justin99.

even when the rumours are squashed, the media find a way to spin it around against newcastle

exactly my thoughts too, re the bit on bold.

It's truly sad the way some will believe any old tripe in the media just to cast their own club in the worst possible light.

you said it.

Irony.

Is Deca Llambias ringing up random hedge funds/finical institutions around the world trying to flog NUFC? There had to be a bit smoke from there side of them either wanting to own Premier League Club or NUFC as not many companies have the balls to offer themselves to another business for the best part 1 billion US dollars.

The thought of us ringing random companies trying to sell the club is laughable.  I wonder if it was a case of just hitting numbers on the phone until is started to ring?

"InterMedia was approached about a deal, made no offer and has no interest," a spokesman told BBC Sport.

Surely not! Ashley´s shit smells of roses don´t you know..?

learn from NE5's mistakes, even if he wont, pouncing on a vague quote like this only reduces the well put points of your argument as you begin to sound like someone with a grudge or agenda

Ashley has offered Newcastle United (worth about £110 million when he bought it) to a company who say they never had any interest in buying, for £420 million..  Who in there right mind will believe that story? :lol:

"InterMedia was approached about a deal, made no offer and has no interest," a spokesman told BBC Sport.

Surely not! Ashley´s s*** smells of roses don´t you know..?

learn from NE5's mistakes, even if he wont, pouncing on a vague quote like this only reduces the well put points of your argument as you begin to sound like someone with a grudge or agenda

Vague? What's vague about it?

could have been approached by anyone, doesnt have to be nufc, co-investors looking for a partner, someone looking for funding, anyone./b]

Guest VegasToon

I can't believe there are people on this forum who thinks the media is telling the truth.  Does anything make these people happy?

:rant:

could have been approached by anyone, doesnt have to be nufc, co-investors looking for a partner, someone looking for funding, anyone./b]

Someone offered them Newcastle United. Whether it was Ashley or someone on his behalf. Deal with it.

Its already been posted.  Either they're lying about having no interested or lying about the approach, either way they're lying so who cares what they have th say?

And they would do that why . . .?

Its already been posted.  Either they're lying about having no interested or lying about the approach, either way they're lying so who cares what they have th say?

And they would do that why . . .?

I don't need to know why they'd to it, logic tells me they have to be lying about one or the other.  You don't just randomly offer to sell something to a company (for more then twice its value no less) that has no interest in buying in the first place.  As I said, either they're lying about having no interest, or lying about being offered the club.  Either way they're bullshitters.