Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Mixed messages, but the agent sounds pretty pissed off; appears they've gone back on their word that they'd sell him if the right offer came in.

Hope we see this out.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Mixed messages, but the agent sounds pretty pissed off; appears they've gone back on their word that they'd sell him if the right offer came in.

Hope we see this out.

I think we may well see this out as we are the only one thats seriuosly being mentioned. There is talk of him invoking the Webster rule (see Spidermen) if they do not accept the offer, and Coloccini satisfies al the criteria to be able to do this.

If this comes off i am buying an argentina shirt!

Guest sicko2ndbest

I found this article yesterday whilst looking for info on him

22/07/2008 03:24

Coloccini Expects To Remain At Deportivo

After rejoining the Deportivo La Coruna squad, Fabricio Coloccini affirmed that it is more than likely he will play his football at the Riazor next season...

»Comments Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us  galleria zoom    "Like I have always said since the rumours came out, which aren't too many: I have a contract here and I am happy here, and for what it seems, I will stay at Deportivo," stated the Argentine international.

"At no moment did I say I wanted to leave or that there was a concrete offer," added the defender, who confessed that he "switched off" football talk once the matches with his national team came to an end.

Coloccini insisted that his departure "depends on the club, if they receive any important offers", which, according to the player, hasn't happened yet.

"Right until now nothing has been concrete; the club haven't received any concrete offers," said the 26-year-old.

He told the press that if they come to an agreement with another club for him to move elsewhere it will be for the "convenience" of Deportivo La Coruna.

The Argentine also stated that it is very unfortunate Deportivo weren't willing to allow him to take part in the Olympic Games with Los Albicelestes:

"As a player and because of how we feel for the national team of Argentina, it is very nice to participate in the Olympic Games, but the club have their interests and they look for their own benefit. Of course I wanted to be there, but it didn't depend on me."

Look at the date. This from Goal.com, the one i found was on the Sky sports website but with the same quotes, but they seem to have removed the earlier one and rehashed it as a new story.

Very similar to he one they are running today!!!

In conclusion : This is an old article!  :angry:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Galician TV station "crtvg" is reporting that we agreed deal with Deportivo £15million Euros

:wav: :wav:

This would be an awesome signing. Argie, great hair, bruiser what more could one ask for in a central defender?

talent ?

nah we've bought so called talent before and its fallen flat on its arse, lets go for novelty

spiderpig, this hairy fella, maybe we can get that mexican keeper from the 90's with the luminous strips to come out of retirement?