Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just wish this would enf one way or the other

It seems very unlikely we will sign him now given the deadline

Wasn't the date his agent gave when he and Coloccini were going to go to FIFA? Not when the transfer was going to be dead in the water?

AS are reporting that the depor president has set a deadline of today for the deal to happen or not. See link at the start of the poll thread

Wasn't the date his agent gave when he and Coloccini were going to go to FIFA? Not when the transfer was going to be dead in the water?

AS.com suggested today that if the deal isn't sorted today the President will be off to Venezuela and the deal will be dead as a result, as nobody else from Depor will be handling it.

Edit - beaten again. Fucksocks.

AS.com suggested today that if the deal isn't sorted today the President will be off to Venezuela and the deal will be dead as a result, as nobody else from Depor will be handling it.

Okay. I never read that.

Didn't the president claim he was off out to Venezuela earlier in the week too, only to actually stay behind.

They need the money from the deal more than we need Coloccini. There are plenty more fish in the sea and the minute we turn our backs and look elsewhere i've no doubt the price will drop again.

We've, supposedly, been after him for 3 months. Is it really worth losing the player for the sake of a million or two. I know it's still a lot of money but in the grand scheme of things, it's relatively little.

If Keegan thinks Coloccini is the bloke we're going to build our defence around then we should cough up imo. If Ashley's ego takes a dent in the process - so be it.

I just think it's unfortunate that the agent went public with this, since if it was done behind closed doors we could have upped the price without losing face.

Having said that, this could be a masterstroke from the agent and enable the transfer. Time will tell.

Aye, it would have been brilliant to have done this transfer and announced it out of the blue. I tend to agree that it's only gone public because the agent is ranting that he might lose his cut and that it could well force the deal - but I accept that's the optimistic view.

when push comes to shove, they will lower their price, just depends when they do it

Why would they?

Well they're f***ed financially.  The player wants to go and is threatening to leave for close to nowt when he next gets the chance.  Also they can't afford to risk losing the player much later in the transfer window (if they get the right offer they can't really afford to refuse it no matter when its offered) and be left without the time to buy a replacement.

Suppose it all comes down to just how crazy their president really is.

Guest neesy111

they are just trying to force our hand, in the 11th hour a deal will be done, i.e. luque's took weeks to complete

also i remember when they sold roy maakay to bayern, that took months to complete

The only thing I would say is that the president does seem to be a bit of a loon. Even if they're financially fucked I could see him pulling the plug on the deal just to be top man. No 1 Nutcase as it were.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Maybe there have been further negotiations today as there hasnt been any spanish stories reporting the deal is dead as yet

And yes im running out of straws

Maybe  :weep:

Clearly something along the lines of:

http://www.pp2g.tv/vZXx!YnQ_.aspx

Just a thought, wasn't the Deportivo chairman pissed with Newcastle sometime after the Luque deal because he thought he was owed money?

No.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Deportivo La Coruna, who have turned down a first Newcastle bid for defender Fabricio Coloccini, are on the verge of signing his replacement, the Mexican Diego Colotto.

“Colotto’s name is at the top our list, I like him because he is aggressive, has a European passport and his football resembles Coloccini’s,” coach Miguel Angel Lotina told a press conference.

Goal.com

Deportivo La Coruna, who have turned down a first Newcastle bid for defender Fabricio Coloccini, are on the verge of signing his replacement, the Mexican Diego Colotto.

“Colotto’s name is at the top our list, I like him because he is aggressive, has a European passport and his football resembles Coloccini’s,” coach Miguel Angel Lotina told a press conference.

Goal.com

fucking hell the names of the people involved in this deal are confusing as fuck!! Lendoiro, Lotina, and who was the agent again?

Goal.com

fucking hell the names of the people involved in this deal are confusing as fuck!! Lendoiro, Lotina, and who was the agent again?

Manager - Lotina

Chairman/President - Leindoiro

Agent - Lombarda