Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

It's hugely unlikely that they'd put a player's name on the list if we hadn't signed him, but it's far from illegal.

Yep, that is my own opinion too.

The important issue for me is whether or not we have his registration, and if not, when?

Was it Everton that announced on the club website that they'd signed Riquelme & then took it down too late as loads of fans saw it? Then the club announced it was just 'a test' or similar.

that made me chuckle.

Well that's just plain stupid..

When is the squad for the Manure game due to be released tomorrow?

Would be highly irregular for us to announce a squad, any squad is just guesswork from whatever media source.

Guest toonlass

When you went into the clup shop and got 7 Keegan, you didn't get it from the drop down menu. Here is the crucial difference. There's a poster on here who has a shirt saying "Sunderland are f***ing s****". He didn't get it at the clup shop, because "Sunderland are f***ing s****" doesn't play for us.

Middle stump removed.

There have been wrong things at the Official Club Shop before y'know?

Ok, if the club have put up a player on the online drop down menu that we hadn't actually signed, I will eat my new Coloccini shirt which I'm going to order just to memorise this ridiculous afternoon.

There are mistakes to do with updates - i.e. when a play has been sold we may not change the list for a while as the webmaster may be lazy - until recently you could still order Emre or Ramage (do you think anyone ever ordered a Ramage shirt?) but we knew they didn't play for us.

I am sticking to my guns and saying I doubt the club has ever made a players name on a shirt available in that manner if we hadn't signed him. They have consciously put him up there, not left him as he's an old player.

Christ on a bicycle.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/images.jpg

To be honest, it's probably illegal for the club to sell something with his name on it if he's not actually ours. So you'd hope this plus Ashley's shirt plus Depor confirmation plus Gutierrez' endorsement of him = he's signed.

Cue panic becuase it's still not confirmed by tomorrow though.

Not illeagal in the slightest, how many names on shirt have you seen that aren't players for the club, you can put anything you like on the back of your shirt.

yeah thats true, i remember a man city fan got fowler then the deal collapsed

I'll explain more slowly for you. I'm sure you can go to a LOCAL NON-OFFICIAL SHOP and get whatever you want put on the back - moron, or gimp, for instance, combined with a number of your choosing - but in the OFFICIAL CLUB SHOP it would surely, surely not be legal to offer a standardized name and number of a player we didn't have? That's why, although at at the shop you may be able to request 10 KAKA on your Newcastle top (although you'd look like an idiot), if you order ONLINE THROUGH THE OFFICIAL CLUB SHOP who are offering the names and numbers of players, they aren't going to offer 2 COLOCCINI as one of our OFFICIAL PLAYERS TO GET ON THE BACK OF YOUR SHIRT if he didn't play for us. This is why, when you try and order a shirt online, you can't get players who don't play for us. I don't know if you have noticed, but all the players on that list play for us.

I hope this clears things up.

On the OnlINe Club Shop you can get Keegan 7 and last time i checked no one called Keegan played for us at number 7.

You can get whatever you like put on at the club shop as well.

I was in the club shop before the valencia game and the guy in front tried to get guttierez on his shirt. cue the shopboy telling him ''we cant let you have that because he hasnt been given a squad number yet'' the bloke then goes ''eh well how about its my name and i want it on my shirt?'' shop assistant replies '' well i suppose you could do that but you wont be able to get it for the standard price that the ones on the official squad list are''

Seeing as this has shot to 161 pages that I cannot be arsed to scroll back through, HAS HE SIGNED? in an official sense?

Yep, club held a press conference about 3 hours ago. Got him for a knocked down price too, which is good. No firm mention of another signing, but Keegan did hint at 3 more players coming in in the next week.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He has signed. A new contract for addidas sponsorship. So far he is yet to sign for us, rumours that Sunderland have bid 45 million for his left toe.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Do we actually need his registration to have arrived to name him in our squad? Can't we name him but then just not play him if his registration doesn't turn up on time?