Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Slightly concerned about his aerial ability, but not a major problem. Everything about the rest of his play seems perfect.

He got header after header tonight. I only wonder about what he'd be like against strong competition - I need to see that second goal of theirs more closely.

You won't like what you see.

Guest optimistic nit

Slightly concerned about his aerial ability, but not a major problem. Everything about the rest of his play seems perfect.

He got header after header tonight. I only wonder about what he'd be like against strong competition - I need to see that second goal of theirs more closely.

when an opposition runs in like that for a header it is really really hard to stop them getting there first if the run and jump are timed well, but he did beat both of our cb's to the ball. it would have been better if we had someone running with him imo, they could have defended it easier.

As I recall from the live footage, I think he was flat-footed for that goal - he's fairly slight and in the circumstances was no match for their bull run. Not very good, no, if that's the case - such runs need to be matched one way or another. Didn't see much of the Bolton match, either. Hmm...

As for tonight, was too busy ranting about foul throws.

Guest JamesD

We also had no one on the post, which is so stupid considering the situation. A man on the post would have cleared that header away no problem.

Really, I cant fault him for the second goal, I mean, no matter how good you are you cannot expect to stop someone who is taller and stronger than you coming flying in for a header like that.

Its just nature man, nature.

Guest optimistic nit

We also had no one on the post, which is so stupid considering the situation. A man on the post would have cleared that header away no problem.

Very good point tbh.

Loved some of his passing too, split their midfield a couple of times. Also has a knack of getting on the end of crosses, can see him getting a few goals this season.

It's early doors, but he's the best passing Centre Half I've seen play for the club. Think it was about 107 mins his 1st misplaced/intercepted pass, and as you've mentioned hit a few superb passes along the ground straight from defence up to Milner/Gutierrez bypassing the midfield.

Would be interesting to see his (Opta?) stats for last night as a good percentage weren't just easy passes sideways at the back.

Don't think I've ever seen Scott Parker or Nicky Butt hit a perfect 40? yard pass forwards along the ground haha!!!

Loved some of his passing too, split their midfield a couple of times. Also has a knack of getting on the end of crosses, can see him getting a few goals this season.

It's early doors, but he's the best passing Centre Half I've seen play for the club. Think it was about 107 mins his 1st misplaced/intercepted pass, and as you've mentioned hit a few superb passes along the ground straight from defence up to Milner/Gutierrez bypassing the midfield.

Would be interesting to see his (Opta?) stats for last night as a good percentage weren't just easy passes sideways at the back.

Don't think I've ever seen Scott Parker or Nicky Butt hit a perfect 40? yard pass forwards along the ground haha!!!

woodgate was severely underrated for his passing, he was great

remember everton away where he took the ball down under pressure, skipped away from a player and sent a gorgeous ball out to robert left wing who (a) belted it in the near top corner or (b) didn't

just can't remember if the goal robert scored was from that pass, think it was...anyway it was quality

woodgate was severely underrated for his passing, he was great

remember everton away where he took the ball down under pressure, skipped away from a player and sent a gorgeous ball out to robert left wing who (a) belted it in the near top corner or (b) didn't

just can't remember if the goal robert scored was from that pass, think it was...anyway it was quality

Albert was better than Woodgate, and what we've seen of :colo: so far when it comes to passing.

Guest Howaythetoon

Colo was shite along with every single player in the side with the exception of Jonas and Given who were moderately decent compared to the rest. Bad day all-round for several players, perhaps 120 minutes in midweek, lack of pace up front and some legs in the middle of midfield against the quick, strong and slick Arsenal was always going to bring about such a result (that and the fact they are a top top side), although I'm disappointed by our performance and that of several players in our side, I won't condemn them though. Hull next, we'll be fine.

Guest Howaythetoon

team was s**** today, but thought colo had a decent game. 

He wasn't atrocious in the sense that Ameobi was but he was pretty poor in almost everything he did, tried to do or was challenged to do. His distribution was probably his best feature today.

team was s**** today, but thought colo had a decent game. 

He wasn't atrocious in the sense that Ameobi was but he was pretty poor in almost everything he did, tried to do or was challenged to do. His distribution was probably his best feature today.

This & his distribution was the least important part of his game today.  His defending was very poor at times.  Needs to get up to pace quickly.

Colo was s**** along with every single player in the side with the exception of Jonas and Given who were moderately decent compared to the rest. Bad day all-round for several players, perhaps 120 minutes in midweek, lack of pace up front and some legs in the middle of midfield against the quick, strong and slick Arsenal was always going to bring about such a result (that and the fact they are a top top side), although I'm disappointed by our performance and that of several players in our side, I won't condemn them though. Hull next, we'll be fine.

Harsh, he was given zero protection from the midfield. He did as good as he could, far from s*** IMO.

Not convinced Taylor is the right guy to partner him, maybe someone incoming will be.

Guest mikefin

Colo was s**** along with every single player in the side with the exception of Jonas and Given who were moderately decent compared to the rest. Bad day all-round for several players, perhaps 120 minutes in midweek, lack of pace up front and some legs in the middle of midfield against the quick, strong and slick Arsenal was always going to bring about such a result (that and the fact they are a top top side), although I'm disappointed by our performance and that of several players in our side, I won't condemn them though. Hull next, we'll be fine.

Harsh, he was given zero protection from the midfield. He did as good as he could, far from s*** IMO.

Not convinced Taylor is the right guy to partner him, maybe someone incoming will be.

agree 100%